Does this ever change?

Deacon Z

Hatchling
I've been playing 3-4 days, and I've basically stood in a field shooting at things, 1 after another... yes I've done some missions of course, etc.. But as I watch videos and such to learn the game better, it seems that even videos of higher-level players seem to have them doing exactly the same thing i'm doing, except they're killing bigger things, doing more dps per hit etc..

Does what we "do" ever change or am I doomed to still be standing in a field farming mobs in 3 years?

Z

The only 2 questions that worth asking is :
Why I am playing this game and how much I am going to spend to achieve it (with time, money or both)
Everything else is part of the equation.

Watching other players can be deceiving since you don't see what decisions they are making in the background, which is where a lot of the fun in this game is based around. How are you optimizing TT? How are you chasing MU? Is your goal to break even, profit, or just set aside X amount a month like a subscription? You need to figure out goals you want to shoot for and how to work towards them. Otherwise, if all someone is going to do is mindlessly shoot mobs, drop probes, or click BPs, your fun is going to be fairly limited unless that's the kind of thing you enjoy and set out to do.

In the end, you have to explore the game to really have the most fun. How you choose to do that is your own doing.

I think you've figured out the game in a few days. (y)
But there are people who will tell you otherwise here, for various reasons of their own...

Yes, there are many things around, colorful, shimmering, which give an impression of diversity, but all that just encapsulates the core of the game which is 100% a Grinding festival without any final goal.

I hear some people find it pleasurable... :rolleyes:

OR, since this game is a RCE,
I imagine that like many, you would think the goal could be to earn money.. o_O

And indeed it is possible, you can earn a few cents a day.
You just have to do 2 things:

1/ Deposit $20K.
2/ Don't "play".

You'll find out how to do.. Buy Deeds and wait, or trade..
Just take money from people who actually play.
GL.

well, you can talk smack in chat while sweating, swunting or hunting mobs.... You can get pets and feed them your peds.. You can explore on foot or with vehicles....On foot you might find fruits and stones to earn a tiny amount of ped.... participating in events for fun and prizes, Team hunting if you can find a group to join.... Many missions(remember there are several planets, so if your bored with the missions on one, move to another), many of these missions give you free stuff at the end... Find some occupation like being a healer, owning a shop, land area or warp ship, or just joining some existing ships crew.... You don't have to be a big spender in EU to stay busy while logged in....

I've been playing 3-4 days, and I've basically stood in a field shooting at things, 1 after another... yes I've done some missions of course, etc.. But as I watch videos and such to learn the game better, it seems that even videos of higher-level players seem to have them doing exactly the same thing i'm doing, except they're killing bigger things, doing more dps per hit etc..

Does what we "do" ever change or am I doomed to still be standing in a field farming mobs in 3 years?

Z

There has always been a grind element to this game even back to Project Entropia. When I first started my goal at the time was to locate all the TPs and outposts on Calypso and sweat mobs while socializing. I found it beneficial to meet other avatars with similar levels doing similar things since the social aspect of the game made up for the grind. I spent a lot of time just researching outside of the game as well. The traditional elements (mining, hunting, and crafting) have a lot of rinse and repeat elements so there really is no way around it. When I did starting hunting and mining it was for a purpose whether it was for certain items I could use or resources I could sell. Missions are fun new element but setting up long term and short term goals will make some elements of the game worth it. I still hunt and mine in terms of purpose to this day, sometimes its good other times not so much.

Because of a possible boredom coming from this I don't use auto-aim and auto-fire. Pressing "F" and waiting definitely isn't my style. Aiming and shooting manually gives me the feeling that I'm involved more and everything that happens to my avatar is also a result of how I play the game.

Other than that it's how the others say, a definition of what/how/when you want to do/achieve a certain aspect/goal in this game. And how much you want to spend ($0 - $1,000,000+).

Trying to win something (huge) just gets you frustrated.

Z

Welcome to Entropia

I believe the questions to ask.

What brought you here ?
What are your expectations ?

If you came looking for the standard "shoot em up" , you will most likely be disappointed .
If you came for the RCE , it will take more than 3 days to get a proper understanding of the game.

I certainly didn't come expecting to make $, lol. I'm just looking for a new MMO to play, I've been playing these since UO in 1997 and was bored.

So it sounds like there's a lot of grinding but other things if you decide to do them... I like pvp, maybe I'll find something there.

Thanks for the responses....

Z

I've played for nearly 2 decades now, the core gameplay has always been shoot, shoot, shoot or mine, mine mine. I will say that exploration in this game is fun just because its a well crafted universe, outside of ROCKtropia, for the most part. But otherwise, the point of this game is to grind loot and grind skills. People that take it seriously will find a lot to do (the economy is a tricky one that people like to play in) to become efficient. There's always a handful of events throughout the year (such as the current migration) or the competitive Mayhem events (during Easter, Halloween, Christmas). You'll also find public events throughout the day, such as the robot attacks on some of the Forts or the boss events in the swamps (Lahar and Medusa).

The issue is, at your level (only a few days in), you won't be able to participate in much directly simply because of your lack of firepower. There is still a lot to see though and plenty of places to go check out. And there is always the social aspect. Find an academy society to join, meet folks, have some good laughs, learn a bit about the game, etc. Some of my best memories are bullshitting in discord with my buddies and having a few beers as we frantically killed everything we could for the World of Firepower events some years back.

This game is a long-term investment if you really want to participate in as much as you.

Back