Does time of day affect loot?

Globals keep popping up like candy in the chat sometimes. And sometimes globals come very rarely. It is hard to know when it is the time to ride the wave in my opinion. So either way it doesn't concern me. I just set a limit on weekly deposits as part of an expensive hobby and keep mining without concerning myself of theories.

Globals keep popping up like candy in the chat sometimes. And sometimes globals come very rarely. It is hard to know when it is the time to ride the wave in my opinion.

You'll hardly see a 10+ seconds pause between globals at 1800-2000 @ MA (the busiest time) and the longer the pause - the more globals happen at the same time after it. On the other hand, it's common to not see a single global for several minutes in a row after 0200 @ MA on weekdays - most userbase is either already sleeping or working yet and that's the time when is normal to find out less than 10 people even at Twins.

So while it's not guaranteed that you'll straddle the wave, you know when it's the best time to be on the shore :)

Personally I believe that every mob, every mineral, every BP has it's own lootpool, so if you're hunting, say, feffoids and most of the other currenly playing people are hunting Mod Merpoxarousaurs Uber Elites, filling up the chat with globals every 2 seconds, you should not hope that it may somehow affect you own loot (only to the worse maybe, since nobody but you is filling it) :). More people are doing some activity => faster is filling up its lootpool => more often it's spilling out (giving globals and hofs, which essensially are the same thing) => greater the probability of the great flush (aka ATH).

Personally, I've found that loot is at an all time high for me every Sunday night, right before the Monday land deed payouts.

Don't know what connections you see with CLDs, but the first part of the sentence sounds to me just like "Any daytime is much brighter than a night", so it obvious for me in the light of what I said above and the fact that Sunday is the most active time of a week :)

Here's my two cents from what I've seen in 5 years of running the WoF. It gives a unique perspective; teams HAVE to go out and try to get globals on the mobs they are given. Very few mobs have been truly terrible for loot, or globals; some have been surprisingly good. It does seem to follow 'waves' though; a team hunting Globster on a saturday afternoon could end up with three times as many globals as a similarly-equipped and motivated team hunting the same spawn a day later. It might be that sending a hundred or so avatars after a mob boost the loot pool and prompts a payout, it might just be that they are hunting harder than normal and would get the same result on most mobs. This would explain the peaks but not the troughs that sometimes come later, so I assume the waves stem from a large number of factors and are complicated enough to be hard to define.

Very seasoned players no doubt know how to read the peaks and troughs into some sort of predictable pattern, all I know is that you have a chance of a global or big win with any kill, but some times of the day or night you have way more of a chance.

Hurrikane

Back