Does time of day affect loot?

Hi,

I am from the California and I noticed that when I hunt after work during the week 6-10 local time (0100-0500 game time) my loot has been a lot worse then on the weekends when I'm hunting during 1000 - 1800 game time.

Is it due to less people being on, so less decay and less loot? Therefore I'm SOL because of where I live? Should I move to Europe?

I have been on during weekends when events were happening, that I know many ppl took part in, robot invasions etc. So Im just assuming there were 100's of ppl who had depoed and were playing hard. And global chat was almost nonexsistent, let alone HoF's. Also I assume that there were several high skilled miners working with big amps at this time. So lots going in very very little coming out.

Time matters but the main thing is do what works, if bots or what ever loot good, keep doing it till they dont.

You can ATH outside of Europe :)

Last edited:
Hi,

I am from the California and I noticed that when I hunt after work during the week 6-10 local time (0100-0500 game time) my loot has been a lot worse then on the weekends when I'm hunting during 1000 - 1800 game time.

Is it due to less people being on, so less decay and less loot? Therefore I'm SOL because of where I live? Should I move to Europe?

Hi there i too live in cali and at those times u speak of. It does seem slower and globals in chat aernt as frequent.i ust to think my returns varied for the worse, but come to believe other wise just gotta keep cycling :p
Just my 2 pec
Saurn

I have been on during weekends when events were happening, that I know many ppl took part in, robot evasions etc. So Im just assuming there were 100's of ppl who had depoed and were playing hard. And global chat was almost nonexsistent, let alone HoF's. Also I assume that there were several high skilled miners working with big amps at this time. So lots going in very very little coming out.

Time matters but the main thing is do what works, if bots or what ever loot good, keep doing it till they dont.

What if everything is doing bad? Haha

Yes, time is one of the components. Do the right thing at the right place at the right time for your avatar, and you will profit. So, time is a component, but also, place, activity, and avatar.

Yes it does...Nothing more to say ..Just keep checking out different times and one day you will hit the right one in the right place

just play as eco as possible and watch the trends. ;)

Usually your mind will be playing tricks on you trying to find patterns that don't exist, but other times, you might be on to something. If you can afford it, try crafting low cost per pec per click for an extended period of time, and either watch it or record it, checking time in the recordings or notations... in theory you can craft filters til the cow comes home on a small ped card balance of a few k ped, which should get you some data.

A lot of it has to do with which theories you believe...

Thanks for the responses. Guess I just need to cut back my hunting during the week. Last 8 full hunts (2 A104s) annd 0 globals and avging about 77%. Been hunting pretty eco on argos/drrones. P5a W/ 104 and adj pixie/shogan +3b respectively.

Time is probably important, but I wouldn't assume a fixed time will always be one way or other. Things change, but it does seem there are times when everyone in the soc who is actively hunting is hitting globals, or everyone is doing poorly at once.

Good question.

All I know after 3 years of almost solid hunting, is that it's a very good question. i.e. at the start of migration '11 the HOFs started rolling thick and fast, after I started hunting, someone ATHed, could have been within 200m of me. That did not stop thru' the whole migration and I noticed that there were a lot of Scandinavian conversations going on in open chat, made me think a lot of Scandinavians had logged in just for that event alone.
My 2 pecs - also I agree with a lot of what has been said in this thread so far.
Boo.

Absolutely yes, as someone with chaotic regimen I notice that all the time. The best time is 1600-2000 (may be shifted 1-2 hours ahead on Fridays) and 0500-0900 MA, the worst is 0100-0400 and 1000-1300. The best time during the workweek is Thursday's evening, have no idea why is that, maybe because everyone is drinking on Fridays? :D The worst day is Tuesday (apparently on Mondays the lootpool is still wet after weekends).

I am getting the best loot on the time who is daytime in USA and night in Europa.

definatly, but the time shifts. so whats good one week/month wont necessarily be good the next. bare in mind there are certainly two factors involved, the system and other players, so actvity will have an impact.

I heard moon phases influence loot too.

best time for loot is 30 minutes after a deposit.

best time for loot is 30 minutes after a deposit.
Stopped believing in that after making 100$ deposits 8 times (8x100) during SGA, hunting my ass off 5+ hours a day and not getting a single global, not saying a SGA item :D

Hi,

Yes!!!

Except for when it doesn't
It's that simple:wise:

-- insert totally subjective and baseless theory here --

Stopped believing in that after making 100$ deposits 8 times (8x100) during SGA, hunting my ass off 5+ hours a day and not getting a single global, not saying a SGA item :D

Make that a single big deposit instead of 8 small ones and watch what happens.

I heard moon phases influence loot too.

Don't forget the alignment of the planets in our solar system. Once every century, when all the planets are aligned in a certain way, the chance to HOF increases a thousand fold!

Sadly I had to work on that particular day and I don't have enough years to live to wait for another cycle :(

Don't forget the alignment of the planets in our solar system. Once every century, when all the planets are aligned in a certain way, the chance to HOF increases a thousand fold!

Sadly I had to work on that particular day and I don't have enough years to live to wait for another cycle :(

In EU planets are stationary :(

I agree that loot improves with the time of day.
I believe it is better during the busy hours ( when most avatars are logged in, and spending)

I agree that loot improves with the time of day.
I believe it is better during the busy hours ( when most avatars are logged in, and spending)

I think it's all just a figment of your imaginations.

I believe in the random theory.

Very simple, it's all just...random.

Only the blessing of lootius count. To bad I'm an atheist. :scratch2:

Guess I just need to cut back my hunting during the week.

Oh, sorry if my post was misunderstood:

Weekdays: tend to get fewer globals/hofs but only chance to get a 5 digit loot.
Weekends: hardly any 5 digit loots, but more globals/hofs.
(I've been keeping an eye on this for a couple of years now.)

In either case, chance to break even or profit remains the same.

Personally, I've found that loot is at an all time high for me every Sunday night, right before the Monday land deed payouts. But maybe that's just me, or a phase that'll end... Or maybe it's just because I have awful loot all the rest of the time. :tongue2:

Back