Dont buy resold shares!!!!!!!!

Centech

Elite
Society
BAHQ4LIFE!!!
Jason Centech Tanner
There are many people trying to manipulate the share market. Don't be fooled into buying them for a premium. There is no shortage. The sale is not over.. There are still tens of thousands of shares available from mindark at face value. Several resellers and uber's with lots of ped invested in shares are trying to manipulate the price to make it appear there is some sort of shortage and over demand. THERE IS NOT. If you buy a share from anyone other than mindark you are absolutely getting ripped off.

Yes, I am sure they will continue to be sold by MA for the next several weeks.

Select "Global Auction" from the Auction list and Refresh, there is always shares there for the standard price, 1k ped per share.

Caveat emptor

In spite the mishandling of this by MindArk/Calypso -- deeds should not have been tradeable until ALL shares sold by the estate-broker and then changed -- the above holds true for any transaction.

Also, MindArk/Calypso are unintentionally forcing people to resell. To build a house, you will need 9 deeds (3x3) but the deeds are not listed in multiples of 9 (which would be slightly more logical). So people buy a batch of 10 and then want to sell 1 (since 1k ped is still 1k ped). Person lists that deed on auction with a higher markup in order to try to recuperate the ridiculous auction fee being charged.

Last edited:
yea i've seen some with several bids on them started out at 1k. i can see people wanting a couple ped for ah fees but i dont understand why several people would be bidding on one from a player

Mindark could seriously fix this by only putting the deeds on the auction one at a time instead of in stacks... and do that constantly throughout the day and night too. I bought mine from a reseller, but only for a very small amount because of the above reason. Do I care that I lost a few peds to a reseller, not one bit since it's something that I usually end up doing every day in this game anyways. What good is money if you don't use it.

When I have over 1k peds on pedcard for something like this I want to spend it NOW, not later, otherwise I'm tempted to use the peds on something else, and I suspect others are too. If MA had had the one quantities on the global auction when I was ready to pay, I would not have paid the reseller... suspect lots of others are in similar situation.

I don't mind though because the artificial markup is now on the deed I hold. Same with any time I overpay on anything in game on auction. If you hold a deed, you might even want to thank the resellers for inflating the markup on the deed you hold which should have no markup yet. ;)

However, for the most part, I agree, don't buy the reseller's stuff...

Last edited:
There has been singles listed every time I've looked in the last few days. Ive looked multiple times a day.

There already are plenty of singles listed by MA. Actually right now is the lowest number of singles I've seen over the last couple days. There are 3 singles, and 7 doubles listed by MA right now.

What i really don't understand are those 3 auctions with 8, 8, and 7 bids on them for a single(expires in 4 hours). People keep bidding these up each day, when there are plenty of singles listed by MA. I cant think of any other reason to bid on those other then straight stupidity.

I really cant see it as market manipulation. You would have to waste a TON of ped in auction fees to try to manipulate the price by any meaningful amount. If you look at the weekly price, they obviously haven't had any success so far if someone is trying to manipulate it.

There has been singles listed every time I've looked in the last few days. Ive looked multiple times a day.

There already are plenty of singles listed by MA. Actually right now is the lowest number of singles I've seen over the last couple days. There are 3 singles, and 7 doubles listed by MA right now.

What i really don't understand are those 3 auctions with 8, 8, and 7 bids on them for a single(expires in 4 hours). People keep bidding these up each day, when there are plenty of singles listed by MA. I cant think of any other reason to bid on those other then straight stupidity.

I really cant see it as market manipulation. You would have to waste a TON of ped in auction fees to try to manipulate the price by any meaningful amount. If you look at the weekly price, they obviously haven't had any success so far if someone is trying to manipulate it.

I agree, it doesn't make a lot of sense. You'd think if anyone was going to try and manipulate the market they would at least wait for the sale of the deeds to stop. Not re-list them beside the originals at a MU. Boggles my mind. Boggles me even more that people are bidding on them.

Also, MindArk/Calypso are unintentionally forcing people to resell. To build a house, you will need 9 deeds (3x3) but the deeds are not listed in multiples of 9 (which would be slightly more logical). So people buy a batch of 10 and then want to sell 1 (since 1k ped is still 1k ped). Person lists that deed on auction with a higher markup in order to try to recuperate the ridiculous auction fee being charged.

forced??? they could just hold on to the expected spare deed for the revenue.

People don't know what global auction is. I didn't either and bought one from a reseller, thinking all had been bought up already.

Caveat emptor

In spite the mishandling of this by MindArk/Calypso -- deeds should not have been tradeable until ALL shares sold by the estate-broker and then changed -- the above holds true for any transaction.

or they could learn how to do math. Stack of 5+stack of 2+ stack of 2=9

Caveat emptor

They sell them in multiples of 5 and 1 as well. :rolleyes: Derp. You can always use those increments to make whatever exact multiple of 9 you need

Caveat emptor

How about when you need cash IRL due to some emergency that occurred and the fact that it may take MA 1 year to sell all deeds? Nice to have them locked till all sold yes? Imagine your roof collapses or anything. No this doesn't sound like a solution to me.

I don't approve reselling the deeds (or anything you've not seriously used yourself) either though.

Shares may have been better marketed as a percentage of participation/ deposit, with suitable discount tiered upon that as well as continuous subscription.
The remainder of unsold released to the wilds as is the case premature.
I am stupid and purchased a share with markup in a very tired moment ....now I'm wiser :)
Will they devalue ?... anyone knows once it activates.

yea i've seen some with several bids on them started out at 1k. i can see people wanting a couple ped for ah fees but i dont understand why several people would be bidding on one from a player

It must be a better location! ;);):rolleyes:

How about when you need cash IRL due to some emergency that occurred and the fact that it may take MA 1 year to sell all deeds? Nice to have them locked till all sold yes? Imagine your roof collapses or anything. No this doesn't sound like a solution to me.

I don't approve reselling the deeds (or anything you've not seriously used yourself) either though.

Well having money you need for RL in this game doesnt sound like a solution to me either. I hope you enjoy not having a roof for 8-20 weeks while MA 'processes' your withdrawal.

Anyway a simple solution to this would be to make the deeds returnable to ma for par value.

Lol Centech true. But another example what if you want to give someone a deed for Xmas for example and they are not tradeable...

There are many people trying to manipulate the share market. Don't be fooled into buying them for a premium. There is no shortage. The sale is not over.. There are still tens of thousands of shares available from mindark at face value. Several resellers and uber's with lots of ped invested in shares are trying to manipulate the price to make it appear there is some sort of shortage and over demand. THERE IS NOT. If you buy a share from anyone other than mindark you are absolutely getting ripped off.

This sounds like entropia.

There are 0 resale listings now(well when i looked a few hours ago). The ones that were placed that first day or 2 have all fallen off now.

i didnt know to buy from global auction
thanks for bringing to attention :D

i didnt know to buy from global auction
thanks for bringing to attention :D

I think that has been the main problem. I hadn't realised until recently either that they were more available on the global auction than on the calypso one. Perhaps that should have been made clearer.

Back