Efficient Tailor Crafting? How to?

Shard-Angel

Prowler
Society
Project Entropia
Vehshi Rogue Shard-Angel
Greets.

I am interested in becomming a tailor! :) I know the path is long and hard and expensive - but rather than burn my PEDs mindlessly on ammo and decay - I'd like to (eventually) have a profession (or two).

Now I could just take a BP and grind madly - but since I lack the insight that most vets have acquired over the years - I'd appreciate a guide to optimize my progress - thus minimize expenses as I climb the learning curve.

So... can anyone post (or point me to) a guide which paints a timeline telling me:

* Which BP to grind for max skill rewards.
* Which materials to acquire via AH (and optimal prices to pay).
* Which materials to simply hunt for (or mine for) instead.
* When to switch BPs so I gain the best possible skills.
* Any further advice / tailoring tips.
* Any pitfalls to avoid.

I'm sure this would help many would-be tailors out there as well.

Many thanks.

I would say mannel shoes would be good in the begining, get the stuff at auction for as close to TT as possible.

It's a good time to skill tailoring on all lvl1 bp's now. Mannel shoes, basic pants & basic shirt.

I skilled tailoring for over a year after joining, with prices:

Animal hide ~200%, now 105%
Thin wool ~180%, now 110%
Fine wool ~140%, now 110%
Molisk ~800%, now 400%

The only thing that has risen is Fine hide, was 105%, now ~150%, so mannels might not be the best choice unless you can get a good deal on the fine hide.

Incidentally, all the prices started dropping once I gave up on tailoring and sold off all my skills. :banghead: :laugh:

tailoring is not what it used to be:)

you should also think about skilling up on generic leather texure as this gives tailoring too, and to be a good tailor nowadays your going to need to apply textures to your finished items.

you should also try a bit of mining to work that engineering skill.

and some handgun for a little bit of dexterity ;)

Very informative replies - my thanks. :)

Yes, I was wondering about Tailoring sub-categories as well.

Will I have to maximize skills in all sub-categories like: Texture and Coloring? Or can I just specialize in one area? I do realize that clothes without color or texture dont look nice nor sell well (ie no eye-candy).

I have tried coloring a few times - and basically its a PAIN to increase skill in - I have yet to gain a single level in coloring!

Also its a huge pain as well to color - bleach - recolor - bleach - rinse -repeat- as you have to switch inventory tabs and add/remove attachments all the time. (Yes, we can save time via having 2 tools and several items at a time - but that's only if we can afford to do.)

Is texturing just as bad? Or is Texturing skilling faster than Coloring? (I'm assuming tailoring skilling IS better than Coloring as well! Please say yes!!!)

Thanks.

Last edited:
It's better to skill texturizing, as well as texture crafting. As both of those professions will gain skills which are used in tailoring. The coloring and the texturizing profession both use the same skill-system however, which means that you will gain skills at the same rate.

I believe the best option would be to skill up with Large Cottons or Generic Leather textures and sell those at a markup in the auction to lower the total cost. This'll give you basic tailoring skills without costing to much.

Very informative replies - my thanks. :)

Yes, I was wondering about Tailoring sub-categories as well.

Will I have to maximize skills in all sub-categories like: Texture and Coloring?

I have tried coloring a few times - and basically its a PAIN to increase skill in - I have yet to gain a single level in coloring!

Also its a huge pain as well to color - bleach - recolor - bleach - rinse -repeat- as you have to switch inventory tabs and add/remove attachments all the time. (Yes, we can save time via having 2 tools and several items at a time - but that's only if we can afford to do.)

Is texturing just as bad? Or is Texturing skilling faster than Coloring? (I'm assuming tailoring skilling IS better than Coloring as well! Please say yes!!!)

Thanks.

Oh my! I have been graced by the presence of royalty! :) Mighty Sarah herself descends down to my mud-peasant level to offer kind words!

w00t! :yay:

Regarding texturing - is there a "ratio" for texturing success (ie like 200 paint cans for 96% success etc), or is it just random like most crafts?

Also, when a texture IS applied - does it automatically come in its original texture color? Or is it REQUIRED that we color it once applied? (Since the material fabric itself has original colors - logic dictates that the final product would be the same colors as well (since no bleaching occurs)).

Thanks.

Aww. =)

The system is an exact copy of the colouring-system, with different materials, etc being used. So a maxed texture will require around 200 textures for a good result (95%+), while 150 textures would most likely make it a bit weaker. Take a look at this thread for some test-results: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/crafting/96981-actual-cos-coloring-texturizing.html

An applied texture will automatically come in its original colour. It's possible to colour the texture as well. A Blue texture coloured in Light Green will not come out exactly as Light Green however, as the two colours are mixed with eachother.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Oh my! I have been graced by the presence of royalty! :) Mighty Sarah herself descends down to my mud-peasant level to offer kind words!

w00t! :yay:

Regarding texturing - is there a "ratio" for texturing success (ie like 200 paint cans for 96% success etc), or is it just random like most crafts?

Also, when a texture IS applied - does it automatically come in its original texture color? Or is it REQUIRED that we color it once applied? (Since the material fabric itself has original colors - logic dictates that the final product would be the same colors as well (since no bleaching occurs)).

Thanks.

The system is an exact copy of the colouring-system, with different materials, etc being used. So a maxed texture will require around 200 textures for a good result (95%+), while 150 textures would most likely make it a bit weaker. Take a look at this thread for some test-results: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/crafting/96981-actual-cos-coloring-texturizing.html

Yes, I have read your thread (thus I quoted the 96% rate/200 cans). Just didn't realize that it affect texturing as well.

So... which texture is cheapest to skill with? (Like orange is cheapest for skilling in colors.) Also, is it best to move onto different colors/textures as our skill increases to benefit from skill bonus (if any)? Or just stick with 1 texture/color all the way?

Thanks. :)

The skillgain depends on the TT Value used/spent per click, along with the possible SIB-bonus on the texture. The best way to skill up in the beginning is to always use SIB-textures if you're able to get them cheaply. Try to avoid buying textures for more than 106% if you're able to. 4% may not make such a large difference, but it could mean hundreds of peds in the end.

Most people says it's good to use between 50 - 150 textures per field. I would however say that it depends on how many attempts you are able to do, and you should use less textures if you're only able to make a few attempts, as the average skill-gain (per texture) is the same no matter what amount you use, but it's not that fun to miss out on a few skillgains just because you used to many textures.

It's most likely cheaper to gain tailoring skills by manufacturing and selling the textures however. While texturizing may be good to learn, it's a very expensive profession, and I currently need to use around 4000 - 5000 Ped worth of textures for every level I gain, which may give you an idea of how much it takes.

You could however texturize a bit in the beginning to increase relevant skills which will allow you to manufacture textures more efficiently. You should however try to manufacture textures if you're able to do it at a good chance of success. At least as a start. :)

Yes, I have read your thread (thus I quoted the 96% rate/200 cans). Just didn't realize that it affect texturing as well.

So... which texture is cheapest to skill with? (Like orange is cheapest for skilling in colors.) Also, is it best to move onto different colors/textures as our skill increases to benefit from skill bonus (if any)? Or just stick with 1 texture/color all the way?

Thanks. :)

I was told by someone that using 1 paint can gives the same amount of skill as 200 (regardless of success)? Is this a myth?

If not, then does this apply to textures as well?

I was told by someone that using 1 paint can gives the same amount of skill as 200 (regardless of success)? Is this a myth?

I am new to coloring and I have heard the same rumor as well, I spent days and days using 1 can of orange paint and then I tried what someone else said about using 50-60 cans end result no skills, then I used 150 blue and walaah! flooded with skill gains... Should I just continue using 150 cans to skill???

*Sorry Shard if I took this a lil off topic,
I can't find right thread to answer my questions :)

Skills

Posting to bump. The guide lists/sticky threads don't have coloring info that I could see. Going to try searching for color instead of paint...

I'm pretty sure you can start out with 0 skill and 1 paint and get some skill ups, then as you level you need more cans, and *maybe* apply the paint to higher level items.

Without an exact formula, I'm going with gradually increasing amounts of paint, from 1, 10, 30, 50, 100.

Craft texture is not so good to get tailor skill , and use them on clothe is big waste of money if you dont want to become texturizer.
Most of profession around tailoring are just waste of money ( texturise , colouring) if you dont plan to use the skill , and so , are ready to use big load of money.

For , tailoring,better bp are those with low market cost per click , but anyway , this days tailoring is cheap to skill.
In most used BP , there is :
Manel
Reilly
Dino
Luna
Seduce
Hobb
Queen
Havok
Sunset

You can increase your engineering for cheap by crafting componemt like damper lvl 3 QR 100 for beggin , and then som new stuff with oil.
Also , try to click hight lvl bp.For now there is no point , but in future , you will see that skill gain depend a lot on bp lvl ....

hey :)

Hey

becoming an efficient tailor is not easier then any other profession...I'm somewhere between lvl 40 and 50 now, and even then you should not expect every run to be a profit run... The markups are very low in this market, so that's not a solution either. It all depens on how lucky you feel today, punk. Some decent hofs can save the day. A rare bp might make your week good :)

Just know it's a lot of work to become successful..

and goodluck !

Btw, I have some bp's for sale in my shop... Twin lvl 03, away from Televator, Fashion, by Naomi

greetz

really. a friend of mine used 1k ea :p and he really skilled fast :D

Back