FYI: End results of GFX tweaking

• Thread starter Deleted member 23278
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23278

Hi!

After much mucking about with my PC.... increase clock speed, enabled higher bandwidth on gfx card.. downloaded AMD fusion(which may or maynot help)..
I didn't take screeniees of previous issues but i had extreme white effects.. black avatar..big lag... i can now run with only minor lag.

Rig is over 5 years old...
2.2Ghz
Amd 64, 3700+
Nvidia 7600gt DDR2, 2gig RAM

I am currently happy :D
Maybe this can give some others hope it can be sorted!

glad you could do it i am finally at 6 fps not sure its gonna get much better for me

so will be a bit still untill i can afford new parts but i do like what i can see of the world

if just some way to turn off some things if i could get to 15-20 fps i would love life

but then again i went from 1 fps to 6 so it is progress

ahh i forget to check the rate..too late to that right now.. here's a mob pic for texture set on high btw

edit: tested now at 16 FPS

Last edited by a moderator:
After some testing myself, the Shading, Shadows and Volumetric Effects options eat the most performance. The biggest difference is between Shading on Medium and High, whereas High looks a lot better in my opinion, on Medium it looks more cartoonish. Volumetric effects is mostly sky and weather effects.

Last edited:
how do i check for frames per second? is there a way to check ingame, i have a 9500gt, 3 gig of ram, and athlon x2 4400, am i'm running like crap, everything on low exept shaing, that HAS to be on high or i can't see anything but the ground.

how do i check for frames per second? is there a way to check ingame, i have a 9500gt, 3 gig of ram, and athlon x2 4400, am i'm running like crap, everything on low exept shaing, that HAS to be on high or i can't see anything but the ground.

fraps.com is one way, or you tweak the settings file, dont remember the command at the moment though.

starting using these settings and they work alright on my system as well.

AMD 2500+
1 GB ddr ram
7600gs (agp)

What about your vieuw at night. Almost got the same settings but when It's night it is almost to dark for me to play :/
You have the same problem I guess ?

What about your vieuw at night. Almost got the same settings but when It's night it is almost to dark for me to play :/

Turn gamma up. It makes some other things look a little washed out, but at least you can see where you are going.

I have the exact same problem!! Let me know if u come up with a fix plz!!

hmm maybe there is hope for me yet

2.7ghz P4
1gb ram (max)
radeon x800 GTO 256mb

however, just ordered a sapphire radeon HD3850 512MB graphics card (shader model 4.0 support)

hopefully that will help, right now the game is playable but barely and all avatars+creatures are 1 solid color, fps isn't too good either but i manage to kill mobs mine and explore just fine :)

thanks you just gave me more hope!

hmm maybe there is hope for me yet

2.7ghz P4
1gb ram (max)
radeon x800 GTO 256mb

however, just ordered a sapphire radeon HD3850 512MB graphics card (shader model 4.0 support)

hopefully that will help, right now the game is playable but barely and all avatars+creatures are 1 solid color, fps isn't too good either but i manage to kill mobs mine and explore just fine :)

thanks you just gave me more hope!

Without any technical validation, i'm of the belief that memory and cpu also play a big part in the performance. The card you ordered above should let you play medium i'd suggest. Maybe with a few set higher. The resolution you use is also a factor. I have a HD4670 which is close to yours. 1680x1050 res and medium I can get 30 fps or so. A few settings are pushed up higher. But I plan to upgrade my vid card as I want to experience the full graphics. I only bought the 4670 cos it was cheap and my 7600 died. I didn't buy a high end card at the time because I wanted to see the outcome of VU10. I would avoid 512mb memory cards and go for 1G at least. Main thing is be patient as a few ppl in this forum will collectively produce a good indication of what works.

yah too bad i can't upgrade my ram :(

the 3850 is the best agp compatible card on the market right now, they don't make a 1gb model.... i could have gotten the 4650 AGP 1GB however it runs with 128bit vs the 3850s 256bit and that's not good at all.

also an important thing to remember when buying a new graphics card is to look at power requirements.... the card i just bought 'recommends' 450w minimum. While my machine has a 200w power source :/

just one more thing i have to get now... wish i could afford a whole new system :(

At night it's fine generally for me aslong as i have no daylight shining on my screen.

Back