Entropia caricatures

I like the loot one! +rep

Four pages about something i cant see and i cant get my own opinion about it.

Reactions: Ted
My reason for removing the Hitler one may have been a personal bias against that crap.
forum rule:

I simply removed a pic that crossed the line. It's quite a difference.

Your line, your personal bias etc. Just because your a moderator doesn´t mean you do right, but all fanboys here make it feel right, right?
I like this forum a little bit less now...

censoring is a bad thing! and in this case its plain ridicolous since theres a company not even a person involved

Last edited:
My favorite image:

censorship.jpg

What would you do if I came and painted a caricature of you as Hitler on the wall of your house

Allow me but I'd sue you as damaging property is vandalism not art! (At least in Portugal)

Last edited:
Only under the condition that this is the house where i give my customers the possibility to give feedback about my products they paid for.

ha ha ha seriously....
even if someone sticks a paper (not vandalism as long as he doesn't break something) on the wall of your house which shows you as Hitler you WOULD remove it. No matter what "conditions" there are...
The picture may or may not disturb yourself depending on your opinion towards Hitler... but it CERTAINLY would make people walking by point at your house and yourself and see you in a negative light.

That effect would have happened here too with the developers so I think they or their representatives have every right to defend themselves against it.

on the wall of your house which shows you as Hitler you WOULD remove it

You are right, that If you could remove the painting on the wall of a house via mouseclick, you cant call it vandalism anymore that causes damage to other people's property. Because there is no financial effort needed to make it undo.

And yes, you can choose to remove it. But i wouldn't, because its insane to asume, that the reason for this caricatur, was to compare me to the cruelties of the third Reich.

This is logically impossible, unlikely and not the meaning of a caricature. If i intend to compare something serious, i would not draw caricatures, just to avoid the misunderstanding that i dont mean it serious.

I think they or their representatives have every right to defend themselves against it.

Against what? A caricature? :laugh:

What characteristic of MA are you trying to oversimplify or overstate that you didn't express with the other caricatures?

It is just the fact that this game is based on a opaque real cash economy that is controlled by Mindark. (Adolf Hitler in my caricature)

I know by experience that this game can cause for this reason frustration, because the ones win, is the others loss. How often you see in the mainchat or forums, someone attacking MA, as if this company is a Money-hoovering Dictator of the Parameters, that are responsible for your success?

Ah, the balance manager! :laugh:

Im shocked, it has been removed.

Time for a lesson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caricature

Don't worry. I invited John Capital a few days ago to my home to talk to him seriously about his dry job as a moderator and his love of editing posts. He tried to explain his seriosity to me and got a "yawn" from me. I offered to him to perform some show fights here at the forum ... just to bring back some fun ... kinda forum PvP. He denied. He is soooooo serious!

ROFL!

There is a German word for: furztrocken
Try this: http://www.rubak.com/index.cfm ... that's him

Last edited:
Is that really him?

Yeppers.

Hard to believe that such a man is judge/moderator of this forum ... but okay, I have to accept it. And I do accept it.

Edit: We left it as it is ... no problems from my side ...

Last edited:
Don't worry. I invited John Capital a few days ago to my home to talk to him seriously about his dry job as a moderator and his love of editing posts. He tried to explain his seriosity to me and got a "yawn" from me. I offered to him to perform some show fights here at the forum ... just to bring back some fun ... kinda forum PvP. He denied. He is soooooo serious!

ROFL!

There is a German word for: furztrocken
Try this: http://www.rubak.com/index.cfm ... that's him

Hard to believe that such a man is judge/moderator of this forum ... but okay, I have to accept it. And I do accept it.

Edit: We left it as it is ... no problems from my side ...

Forum Rules said:
2.5 - Personal Information
Revealing real world information about a member, administrator or moderator is STRICTLY PROHIBITED, regardless of the source, public or private. This includes any information about a forum member or Entropia Universe participant that reveals an individual's legal name, address, occupation or other sensitive or personally identifiable information. All such content will be deleted without notice, and result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum without notice.

Guess I took you a bit too seriously.

And for the record, I got a different feel from our conversation. Yes I declined to do fake arguments w/ you on the forum. But if you really feel I have no sense of humor, I'll cya in a month.

But if it makes you feel any better, I'll leave the link up.

lighten up man

Might wanna reread my 1st post in this thread, unless you have an allergic reaction to Truth.

(That was a joke. Lighten up ;))

Might wanna reread my 1st post in this thread, unless you have an allergic reaction to Truth.

(That was a joke. Lighten up ;))

i don't get it, please explain as i'm sure its rib tickling once you get it.

Irony, John being accused of being a censor.

...yes I am a fan of censorship. To many morons in real life are allowed to go around spreading their BS...

And in direct response John posted this;

And why you will not be asked to be a moderator.

Rarely since I created this account have John and I agreed on anything but if your going to accuse him of being an unfair censor then I dare you to nominate me as a forum mod. Actually I don't think we ever agreed on anything.

FYI, I accidentally drew Johns attention here when asking via PM if Jamira's link was really him. So I share some responsibility if you believe Jamira's ban was uncalled for.

If you'll note, I left the other, not-so-pleasing caricatures in. I thought they were funny.

My reason for removing the Hitler one may have been a personal bias against that crap. There's been a slew of Hitler comparisons lately. Every single president, leader, government, political group, even businesses have ALL had their opponents try to compare them to Nazi/Hitler and it's god damn ridiculous.

In accordance with rule 3.6 - Real-world Controversial Discussion, I'll refrain from getting more specific.

Please keep in mind this forum rule:

Noplan is in no way being attacked, punished or anything else. I simply removed a pic that crossed the line. It's quite a difference.

well, in my opinion i think you crossed the line a bit here john capital.

leaving abstract rule details to the moderator is a fault of this forum, and causes the moderator to act on his/her personal feelings, and not the feelings of the job.

being a moderator is to be objective for all people, and in this particular case you should have stated that if this image offends anyone, i will then take it down, but i shall leave it up for the mean time, etc.

because im pretty sure it would not have offended anyone on a serious enough personal level that it would have really mattered.

so please put it back, and do not try to destroy the creativeness of the forum users with your personal matters.

But JC, you posted the link to your website yourself first in this forum.

How is Jamira in breach of rule "2.5 - Personal Information" if you posted the information first?

From this thread https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...quot-Thread!-)&p=900792&viewfull=1#post900792

No, I didn't forget that link. However, that's the only place you can find a link to my personal information and you'd have already needed to know my name just to find it.

And basically, Jamira used that link as a means of hopefully personally attacking me. He had no idea that link ever existed. Also he used half-truths and lies about our conversation as a personal attack. So for both reasons he was banned.

being a moderator is to be objective for all people, and in this particular case you should have stated that if this image offends anyone, i will then take it down, but i shall leave it up for the mean time, etc.

because im pretty sure it would not have offended anyone on a serious enough personal level that it would have really mattered.

Um, how about it offending the folks at MA?

Um, how about it offending the folks at MA?

im pretty sure they would have had a laugh at it, then went about there business, IF they even came this far to read this part of the forum.

but again, you are not a MA employee so you cant assume anything about that company, or what they would not like, or get offended at.

so i say put it back, and if someone with a real reason to complain comes along, then take it down.

so i say put it back, and if someone with a real reason to complain comes along, then take it down.

Considering the 1st time I was made aware of this thread was because it was reported by folks who were offended by exactly that pic, I'd say I met that requirement.

lol corey doesnt count, i meant a real reason.

Lol, actually I didn't report it. I found it funny but a tad too risque.

Actually third post in this thread was someone thinking the Hitler pic should be removed.

EDIT: This is also why I think Mods should have their identities kept secret. It allows them to moderate the forum without fear of personal backlash.

For those of you keeping track of my "undemocratic" views we are currently at;
Fan of censorship
and what could be called support for secret police.
:)

Last edited:
If you'll note, I left the other, not-so-pleasing caricatures in. I thought they were funny.

My reason for removing the Hitler one may have been a personal bias against that crap. There's been a slew of Hitler comparisons lately. Every single president, leader, government, political group, even businesses have ALL had their opponents try to compare them to Nazi/Hitler and it's god damn ridiculous.

In accordance with rule 3.6 - Real-world Controversial Discussion, I'll refrain from getting more specific.

Noplan is in no way being attacked, punished or anything else. I simply removed a pic that crossed the line. It's quite a difference.

i dont see nothing in john capitals first post that says he came to the thread because of a complaint, that first post spells personal opinion from john capital.

and john capital called it "crap", and said "and it's god damn ridiculous".

so that to me spells out that he doesnt agree with it, and did in fact use his personal bias to remove it.

so im under the impression that hes covering up his fuck up with the so called "complaints" that he said he got.

but we will never really know, so no point trying to argue this point no more.

Ummm Code, it was pointless to argue because of this rule;

2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism
Criticism of these forum rules, or Forum Staff implementation of these forum rules is NOT permitted in any publicly viewable area of the forum. Such content will be deleted without notice. If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to contact the Forum Staff. If you are unclear about the purpose or interpretation of one of the forum rules, either contact an administrator via private message, or consult the PlanetCalypsoForum Rules Discussion thread.

Lol, actually I didn't report it. I found it funny but a tad too risque.

Actually third post in this thread was someone thinking the Hitler pic should be removed.

seeing that I am getting dragged into this once again... *sigh*
I still think that humans are working in the MindArk offices. ( yes really :laugh: )
Thus they deserve to be treated as such. Just imagine how much pain an online newspaper article with that caricature and the heading "EU community thinks MA behaves like Hitler" could cause MindArk and the people who work there.
There certainly are plenty websites out there who would do something like that if they see the caricature and the responses in this thread.

Also feel free to reread my post earlier in this thread again where I explained why it's a bad idea to make someone look like hitler in PS and make a poster of that to stick it on the front wall of his house. I think most ppl either didn't get my point in that post or simply ignored it. :scratch2:

did in fact use his personal bias to remove it.

Oh ffs, drop it already - ofc mods act according to their own set of moral values, but this time it was not even a matter of interpretation - hitler/nazi/jew jokes are considered bad taste pretty much in every civilized corner of the world, something a serious forum member would not even argue about. And this is the same on pretty much every forum (maybe except some neo-nazi forum) - google "godwins$ law" if you find the time, your trolling here must keep you quite busy...

I still think that humans are working in the MindArk offices. ( yes really :laugh: )

Ztupid humanz? ;)

No, I didn't forget that link. However, that's the only place you can find a link to my personal information and you'd have already needed to know my name just to find it.

No, not really. All you have had to be was an active member of the forum for the last few years to know about it. I certainly remember it from that time and looked at your site at the time.

You put that link on here. Of course people will remember it. The fact you are now a mod etc is by the by. All part of the community we play in here :)

I agree on the removal of Political stuff, part of the rules and if let go leads to all sorts of troubles. But I dont agree with banning someone according to a rule that means that you should actually ban yourself as well.

How the link was used is another matter and possibly subject to other rules but Rule 2.5 is not the one you should have used. It means that anyone that posts a link to their own or anyone else's personal info should be banned as well, including you for posting it.

Does this mean that anyone posting links to youtube/bloggy/etc stuff about ND / FPC / SDS / NDS / Arcadia / etc etc should also be banned?

Pretty sure there is much that has been posted in this forum and linking to other stuff that contravenes the rule. But you enforce this particular rule here in this case. Why?

You posted the link. There are people here that have been a part of this forum longer than you have, and we remember stuff. Are we to selectively forget stuff, just in case it is used against us to settle an argument.

Jamira should not have been banned based on that Rule. If so, then a lot more should have, including you.

I would suggest that you should have used some other rule to ban him if you wanted to, as the way this was done is hypocritical.

Wrong use of that rule.

More Beer time now and thanks for the rant ;)

Oh ffs, drop it already - ofc mods act according to their own set of moral values, but this time it was not even a matter of interpretation - hitler/nazi/jew jokes are considered bad taste pretty much in every civilized corner of the world, something a serious forum member would not even argue about. And this is the same on pretty much every forum (maybe except some neo-nazi forum) - google "godwins$ law" if you find the time, your trolling here must keep you quite busy...

Ztupid humanz? ;)

i understand xerox's viewpoint, but you wizzszz obviously do not read newspapers, or look at cartoon comic strips that much.

Back