Suggestion: Entropia Devs to communicate with the Entropia community

infamousH4

Old Alpha
h4mmer 4nd s1ckle
i think it would benefit the players and the game if entropia devs would agree to do twitch stream minimum once a month to face the community and explain why some of these bugs are not a top priority on their list.

1 to 2 hours max, just to gather information from players and make a to-do list from the complaints or issues but also to let the community know that they are being listened to.

many times we file support cases and never know if the ticket got to it's destination.

of course then Devs would have to get serious and start fixing these issues players are having but this one step would give players some peace knowing their issues have been heard and would calm majority of not happy players to be more patient and continue to communicate productively.

Some sort of accountability would be nice.. not just here is what you get live with it. Obviously they wouldn't be able to answer a good amount of questions they would get but as you said it would still provide huge benefit.

They probably have around ~2.5 Dev’s at most and I’m sure they also moonlight as the systems and network guys. Asking them for time is probably the last thing they want to be involved in, lollol…

I truly don't see any bug fixing happening as MA is remaking the game in UE5, why fix something that is being scrapped anyways?

Why didn't they fix all those bugs for the past 10+ years? (long before any news of an engine swap)

Will this behaviour migrate to the new engine? (MA will say no, I say absolutely positively 100% yes)

I truly don't see any bug fixing happening as MA is remaking the game in UE5, why fix something that is being scrapped anyways?

I agree... Q1 as soon as possible.

I don't know the whole English alphabet... A1... B1... C1... how many instances remain until Q1?

This has been attempted many times, but every single instance turned out a strawfire. I can only guess the reasons may lie on both sides of the fence.

back in times when all had CD ROM, one random guy in the world did put a Salami into his CD drive, to see if he can get something for free... in the same time tiny radioactive particles crossed the RAM of this computer, it was a miracle! a salami folder popped up with the instalation exe of something called "Delete Brain Here"

the guy installed it on his computer and this is how entropia got created, noone knows how to fix stuff they wait and pray for the radioactive particles to cross theyr RAM again

this old computer is located in the mid of the mindark office, causing serious brain damage caused by the radiation,

this is why we get no AMAs anymore,no bugfixes,automated support replys, there is noone who maintains the universe , the evil radioactive old CD ROM computer did destroy the office within a instand and now it is spreading his dark power all over the universe causing his sister corona to come out of her hole every winter

Last edited:
back in times when all had CD ROM, one random guy in the world did put a Salami into his CD drive, to see if he can get something for free... in the same time tiny radioactive particles crossed the RAM of this computer, it was a miracle! a salami folder popped up with the instalation exe of something called "Delete Brain Here"

the guy installed it on his computer and this is how entropia got created, noone knows how to fix stuff they wait and pray for the radioactive particles to cross theyr RAM again
Your dealer has got you hooked on some top quality shit.

And maybe have 1 (one) place they convey the information and not sprinkel info over several platforms...but that may be asking to much.

You don't want to talk with the developers as they aren't the ones who decide what to do, how that should work/be used and when that gets released. You want to talk with the management and ask why fixing bugs has such a low priority and they rather prefer to please the marketing department. You'll hear buzzwords and other nice ways how they defend their "strategy".

As far as a few bugs are concerned (not all of course): Usually marketing (as they know what's good for us; yep, irony) has a (crazy) idea and wants to see it in-game kind of ASAP. The tech-team doesn't always get involved in a discussion whether or not that idea can be done as wished. Now add limited time to that, mix it a bit, then squeeze it a little and you get a release (note how there wasn't much time for fixing existing bugs). That's the non-tech version of how that works, BTW. The result of that are releases that take a little longer than planned and stuff that isn't quite working right with the release.

Generally speaking, for management it's easier to free the time of the developers to develop something new as that ... well ... creates something new. Something we can see/use/... as in "hey, look what we did".

You may wonder what a Community Relations Manager is supposed to do. Well, usually they understand the complaints, but their hands are tied somehow and they usually have to put the "strategy" mentioned above into kind words and present them to the outside world. Nobody at the company asks if any of that would make sense to the player base or what their reaction would be. Hey, the players are still playing, so it's got to be good despite the occasional uproars.

Software engineering is a harsh world as nobody notices how technical it all is. You can design, code, deploy stuff that runs fine for months or even years without anyone complaining about it and everybody forgetting how complicated it actually is. It's the second something starts to break when things tend to get uncomfortable and maybe hard to track down. Just remember the lots of lags we had months ago. I doubt that it went down as unnoticed at first as we thought it did.

I'm not defending or pointing at anyone here, it's just :twocents: .

If only they would play with us!! Especially the community relations manager.

hello My - hello My - come in over!!

Back