Entropia Gateway Relaunched

I am sorry about the treatment. At the time there were no focus whatsoever on storyline, which I personally think was a very bad thing, and therefore all such submissions/actions were pretty much dismissed. Now, things has changed considerably and one of First Planet Company's mission is to bring story back into the game "Planet Calypso". If you are still interested, I can get you in touch with our head writer - he is a very nice and open-minded guy and I think he would love to hear your ideas.

Thanks much for this response Marco. I am glad you felt the same way as some of the writers about the need for a strong storyline. And we writers recognize that your background includes fiction written for interactive games. I'd be honored to contact one of your writers.

In other news, despite the bloody carnage of this past week, I'm glad to see the robots attacking again after that dismissive post earlier this year about the "war being over." The Evil Base Matrix of Akbal Cimi won't stop until he (or it) is utterly annihilated. :)

How come it's called Entropia Gateway? I mean we're in Entropia Universe, but the game is called Planet Calypso. Will Entropia Gateway also feature news of other Entropia products? :scratch2:

How come it's called Entropia Gateway? I mean we're in Entropia Universe, but the game is called Planet Calypso. Will Entropia Gateway also feature news of other Entropia products? :scratch2:

Because also MindArk staff is supposed to use it for dev logs, etc. Not only FPC. Maybe current and future partners as well later on.

Because also MindArk staff is supposed to use it for dev logs, etc. Not only FPC. Maybe current and future partners as well later on.

highlighted the key word there ;) would be nice if one of the developers or artists posted now and again :D

Don't get me wrong, David and John are fine as were the player contributions but some news/insight from the creators would certainly be appreciated. I think you'd be supprised what people find interesting ;)

Incidentally are any of the old posts going to be back on there? (maybe as an archive?) Some of those were really good and it would be a shame to loose them.

Wistrel

PS it might be nice if someone from TCP had an account on there so if we ever get the next issue out we can tell people. Low priority sorting it for now though

looks like the Entropia Gateway is dying slowly - last post dated December 19th, 2008

Yep.... it's a dead fish. :(

I don't understand why they relaunch it to let it die after a couple weeks again... ?
Who bothers checking a 'newshub' frequently when there are never any updates?

I'm starting to get the feeling FPC is going down the same road as MA :(

What i'd like to see is a dev blog or something like that, that keeps us up to date with developtment of the game, CE 2, the little problems they encounters, etc etc ... most games have this, MA/FPC, ... don't seem to care.

Offcourse they don't have to tell us everything, but just a little info from time to time would be nice ...

In those 5-6 years that I play I heard it so often that everyone is cheering when MA/FPC posts 5 posts on a forum:
Finally communication!!
Everything will be better now!!
We learned the lesson!!

And then a few weeks later everything is dead again.

Sometimes I wonder how long the community will keep up with that ...

I see they got a banner on here, after my advice ;)

I joined when it re-launched, was hoping to have a JamhotTV blog over there, but ho,hum.

Jamhot

Greetings Calypsians!
We will soon being accepting applications for participant contributors to Entropia Gateway.

The winter holidays and hectic schedule of events has delayed this a bit.

More info coming soon ,)

We will soon being accepting applications for participant contributors to Entropia Gateway.

The winter holidays and hectic schedule of events has delayed this a bit.

More info coming soon ,)

Great!

Does the old writers have to re-apply?
And is it going to work like last time, meaning we submit via e-mail, you review and then its posted?

I like keeping a journal, or a diary, or a blog (see my signature) but Im very much a spur-of-the-moment writer, and Im very much a typical internet persona. Im impatient, and having to wait to see anything I do get posted on the Gateway like last time made me lose the motivation for writing.

Also, it would be great to be able to change the layout of the entries yourself. So instead of having it submitted via e-mail it would be great if the site was like a ordinary blog site like blogspot or the like.

Instead of taking a long time reviewing all the entries and being very strict about it Id rather see you be strict about who you let write there and monitor the sites.

I think more freedom for the writers in general would motivate the writing and make the site a bigger success.

Just my two pecs. ;)

I echo what Skam said ... and very much agree with regard to the time factor, as well as more flexibility with how entries are submitted, and being able to visually manipulate content in an effort to present a suitable layout.

Also ... it would be nice to know if those of us who were consistent writers at the previous Gateway will need to reapply. I think content by those who submitted articles in the past supports that they were well thought out and supportive of MA's efforts to bring the kind of information that gave a well-rounded peek into our universe.

What say you?

Skam & MS9 - if you are interested just send a quick "yeah". We cannot just assume the old crew still want to be part of it, can we? =)

Veteran writers are of course welcomed back without any fuzz.

I hope I can offer some more information here on our plans for Entropia Gateway.

Great!

Does the old writers have to re-apply?
And is it going to work like last time, meaning we submit via e-mail, you review and then its posted?

I like keeping a journal, or a diary, or a blog (see my signature) but Im very much a spur-of-the-moment writer, and Im very much a typical internet persona. Im impatient, and having to wait to see anything I do get posted on the Gateway like last time made me lose the motivation for writing.

Also, it would be great to be able to change the layout of the entries yourself. So instead of having it submitted via e-mail it would be great if the site was like a ordinary blog site like blogspot or the like.

Instead of taking a long time reviewing all the entries and being very strict about it Id rather see you be strict about who you let write there and monitor the sites.

I think more freedom for the writers in general would motivate the writing and make the site a bigger success.

Just my two pecs. ;)

I echo what Skam said ... and very much agree with regard to the time factor, as well as more flexibility with how entries are submitted, and being able to visually manipulate content in an effort to present a suitable layout.

Also ... it would be nice to know if those of us who were consistent writers at the previous Gateway will need to reapply. I think content by those who submitted articles in the past supports that they were well thought out and supportive of MA's efforts to bring the kind of information that gave a well-rounded peek into our universe.

What say you?

The new and improved Entropia Gateway platform has a control panel that allows contributors to use a very user friendly WYSIWYG editor to submit articles, and allows for full control of text styling, article layout, embedded images & videos and more. Anyone who was worked with Wordpress in the past will find this control panel very familiar. Emailing articles will not be necessary.

All participant submissions will be reviewed by the MindArk staff working with Entropia Gateway (currently 3 persons). Most articles will be reviewed and posted on the web site very quickly (usually within 24 hours).

Skam & MS9 - if you are interested just send a quick "yeah". We cannot just assume the old crew still want to be part of it, can we? =)

As Marco explained, we can not make any assumption about which contributors from the old EG will wish to continue. Therefore, we ask that former contributors from the old EG site do the following steps:

1. Register and activate an account on the new EG site:
http://www.entropiagateway.com/blogs/wp-login.php?action=register

2. Send a private message to me here on Entropia forum with your request to rejoin as a participant submitter, along with the username that you have used when registering in Step 1. Also, it would be helpful if you could give a quick summary of the types of articles you plan to submit.

We will then change your status to "Author" on the EG site, and you will have access to the control panel, and can begin submitting articles ;)

Soon after, we will open the invitation to all participants. An announcement will be made on the Entropia Universe website (and hopefully client loader), with instructions on how to apply to become a participant contributor to Entropia Gateway.

We may also directly invite participants who we have noticed in the past writing nice articles or making videos to join the contributor staff.

We look forward to making Entropia Gateway an exciting source for Entropia Universe news and information!

Great! :)

Jamhot

As Marco explained, we can not make any assumption about which contributors from the old EG will wish to continue. Therefore, we ask that former contributors from the old EG site do the following steps:

1. Register and activate an account on the new EG site:
http://www.entropiagateway.com/blogs/wp-login.php?action=register

2. Send a private message to me here on Entropia forum with your request to rejoin as a participant submitter, along with the username that you have used when registering in Step 1. Also, it would be helpful if you could give a quick summary of the types of articles you plan to submit.

We will then change your status to "Author" on the EG site, and you will have access to the control panel, and can begin submitting articles ;)

Thank you for the feedback ... it's much appreciated. I have followed your instructions as stated above, so now I am looking forward to being a part of the Gateway authors once again, and getting busy. :D

Thank you, both :)
I guess Ill be registering again soon then!
And great news about the editing!

gz for the update Bertha

Get those shavers out! :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Cheers :beerchug:

How would one become a newbie writer?
No, I don't mean the stuff EntropiaGateway just posted, but criteria.

Like: minimum a degree in English, minimum frequency, etc?
I might be interested in an occassional write.

Back