Entropia let it rock: the newcomer proper

Theres some really nice moments in there and some fresh ideas. I like :)

A bunch of people are prolly gonna turn up and tell you "whats wrong" with your film. Dont listen to them..

Opinions are like assholes.. everyones got one and they usually stink.

I like what you did. It may not have the biggest budget, but you have found some interesting ways of presenting information

Thanks alot :)
And btw. Saw your vid and the comic style was really different and got ones attention. Pretty damn cool :)

OoO nice ! I really liked the effect of the newcomer .. hunter .. miner.

gj ! :thumbup:

I really hope the point we were trying to make about it just being the journey from newcomer to hunter we focused on and that the other professions would be different got through.
Kinda tricky when you try to make a musicvideo that follows the music and really want to cut down on text explaing it all that would slow it down.

You know... I think thats possibly my favourite yet! Its simple and elegant and looks cool without massive video trickery. I love the running and upgrading bit and the way you do the drawing like stills. How did you achieve that effect btw?

Wistrel

You can take fraps screens in videos too so we just watched the video and looked for the point where we had cut and took a screen there so it would match. Then just modified the screenshot in photoshop and put it in as a still image.

Or if you meant how it actually was made in photoshop it is basically just turn it to grayscale and play around with levels. Then add contrast until you get the desired ratio of black and white.
Used noise one some of them that looked too smooth.

Last edited:
You know... I think thats possibly my favourite yet! Its simple and elegant and looks cool without massive video trickery. I love the running and upgrading bit and the way you do the drawing like stills.
Wistrel

You took the words right out of my mouth :D

I have to agree that this is one of my favorites so far.

I think the lesson to be learnt with after effects/special effects is that less is more. There has to be a reason for using them. They should suppliment your scenes rather than dominate them.

Special effects are only "cool" until the next round of "cool" plugins are released, then they are old hat.

Different storytelling in this one, nice video :yay:

Rapido

good work guys, nicely cut thumbs up ;) i like the spin for the hunter "paus"
gl

Kinda just want this competition to be over now.
If the amount of comments and what people say about alot of the other videos compared to ours is a measure of how well the video will be placed in the competition... Well I guess we are pretty screwed then :p
Guess we should have learned aftereffects and prettied it up a bit, but kinda thought mindark was after a rough concept and would redo it with all the bells and whistles later. :scratch2:

Anyhooo, for being the first video we made and had not ever touched premiere before this project, we probably sholud be content with what we have have made and the response we have got. :)

Enough of my ranting now :/
Thanks again people :)

Now we have watched thru our video a couple of thousand times :p Or atleast thats what it feels like.
And even tho the competition is over we kinda want to fix it up a bit and change some things that were rushed and do not really look that good.
Just feel like we want a version made that we are completely happy with even tho it won´t be in the competition.
Mostly what bugged us the most were the fruit, sweat, ped pics (3bars) that looked kinda crappy and lowered the quality feel of the whole video.
And since this is our first video and there are alot of pretty experienced vidomakers here we kinda wanted some more input about things in our vid that should be fixed.
Any comments on changes are welcome no matter how big or small.
Prefferably with some explanation to why we should change them.

Thanks and all that
/Spaceghost and Perky

This is just a edited version for our own amusement and not meant for the competition. So yes we know it is not uploaded before the deadline and no we have not submitted this link to anyone at MA.
Did not turn out exaktly as we wanted since the computer was insanely slow and preview was almost impossible. Just rendered it out and we will se if we will tidy up the new parts later. Exhausted now :p

Not sure the alterations made it any better tho. Might redo it again later since I do not like leaving things unfinished and I do not at all feel finished with this :p

For some reason it was only uploaded in low quality???
Uploaded it exactly the same way as last time and it is exactly the same filetype. Do not get it :scratch2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ijl8NU7EB8

A (L) set martial. Would rather have a t-shirt saying "close but no cigar" :p
Well glad this is over anyway. Now I can stop hanging around on the forums several times every day.

Back