Entropia on Linux

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
There is also no sound on the 64-bit client, but music is heard on Rocktropia.
Afaik there is streaming music on RT at least in some regions. This could be a hint that streaming works, but not the game's own. You can test it by turning streaming off and on in options (I've not currently updated my Linux installation so can't try it right away).

Afaik there is streaming music on RT at least in some regions. This could be a hint that streaming works, but not the game's own. You can test it by turning streaming off and on in options (I've not currently updated my Linux installation so can't try it right away).
Be sure to check it out when I'm there.
It was so unexpected, as if a deaf person suddenly heard Mick Jagger.:)

PkmX

Stalker
Society
Art of Mining
PkmX PkmX PkmX
It turns out the texture flickering bug was caused by DXVK. :ahh: Using wine's default D3D11 implementation works but comes at a huge performance cost (halved fps) and extreme lag when viewing the item information window.

I will try to capture an API trace and report it to DXVK.

Society
NBK Army
Hans Penguin Black
I experienced two problems:

1 when I upgraded to wine 5.0-rc6 -- I found that client loader broken (crash on
Code:
0009:err:mshtml:get_typeinfo GetTypeInfoOfGuid(DIID_DispHTMLDOMImplementation) failed
) wiping mshtml.tlb inside drive_c/windows/system32 and drive_c/windows/syswow64 helps (probably it not happens on clean installation, but can occurs on upgrading existing one)

Second one -- I still experienced crash on viewing container with my blueprint books.I use wine's DX11 (no DXVK, my hardware not VK capable) and native d3dx11_43 and d3dcompiler_47 from winetricks). This issue still unsolved (and annoying)

PkmX

Stalker
Society
Art of Mining
PkmX PkmX PkmX
The terrain flickering issue is fixed an hour after I reported it to dxvk. :yay:

So now the only issue left is the sound in 64-bit client.

PkmX

Stalker
Society
Art of Mining
PkmX PkmX PkmX
FYI: You can start Entropia.exe directly without using the client loader by passing --run as a parameter:

Code:
$ wine bin64/Entropia.exe --run
Obviously you still need the client loader for VU updates and stuffs.

I found this while trying to use apitrace on EU, which didn't seem to inject itself into Entropia.exe via the client loader.

ocpanda

Provider
Society
Natural Born Killers
Overcooked OC Panda
I'll have to go back into this thread and see if I can get this going again. I tried unsuccessfully a few weeks ago on elementary 5.1 (ubuntu 18.04 base) .. I've used linux for years but rarely graphical and not that experienced with wine other than running small apps from time to time.

Society
NBK Army
Hans Penguin Black
FYI: You can start Entropia.exe directly without using the client loader by passing --run as a parameter:

Code:
$ wine bin64/Entropia.exe --run
Obviously you still need the client loader for VU updates and stuffs.

I found this while trying to use apitrace on EU, which didn't seem to inject itself into Entropia.exe via the client loader.
Could you share apitrace command line. I have long outstanding problem with crash, when I open one of containers with blueprint books. I like to figure out -- where it crashing

endermigne

Elite
Society
The White Dots
ender endermigne migne
With VU 17.2 Alt+Tab has become slow. Does anyone else have that, too?

endermigne

Elite
Society
The White Dots
ender endermigne migne
With VU 17.2 Alt+Tab has become slow. Does anyone else have that, too?
Looks like it gets slower over time because of the memory leaks of the game (I'm saying "of the game" and not "in Wine" as Windows-users also seem to have that problem). However, I can't remember that they had that much influence on Alt+Tab.

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi
Did some test lately,...

It seems EU works out of the box on a clean mint + wine + winetricks.
It's a tad slow tho, but it works!

endermigne

Elite
Society
The White Dots
ender endermigne migne
So my Wine got updated to 5.9 and my mouse started to behave weirdly. All drag&drop actions and camera movements are affected. During drag&drop the motion stutters somehow and in camera mode it keeps moving into the previous direction before it suddenly changes to the correct one.

Long story short, having Lutris installed I'm now using its Wine-version and all's fine.

On the other hand the latest EU-patch can only be installed with Wine 5.9 (running the DX-installer manually went through, but didn't let the Client Loader move on).

Naomi

Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi
I find it funny that Entropia runs more stable on Linux Mint 20, then it did on Windows :p

endermigne

Elite
Society
The White Dots
ender endermigne migne
Because of another reason I took the opportunity to reinstall Linux and now I have full audio-support so I can hear everything :yay: Out of curiosity I wanted to know what was the difference, but couldn't find anything in the various configuration files. The only difference I noticed were the packages installed:

So maybe it's useful for anyone.

Reactions: San

endermigne

Elite
Society
The White Dots
ender endermigne migne
So my Wine got updated to 5.9 and my mouse started to behave weirdly. All drag&drop actions and camera movements are affected. During drag&drop the motion stutters somehow and in camera mode it keeps moving into the previous direction before it suddenly changes to the correct one.
That's fixed with Wine 5.16. All's fine now :)