Entropia the first MMO to accept Bitcoin?

There is a Neteller withdrawal option that should be quick. Did anyone try that? Think Paypal was also announced as potential deposit/withdrawal option.

I saw that Neteller has some sort of anti user experience quirk, you can't withdraw to them unless you deposited to them in the first place, the same amount that you deposited can be withdrawn. And also, i don't know how long does it take to withdraw, any other user friendly options?

What happens if i have an emergency and i need the money back right away?

Then don't deposit Money you might need for emergencies into a game.

As it's fast to deposit (generally) you don't need to keep the PED card as an IRL savings account.

If you need to sell out big ingame because of IRL problems, well consider that it can take quite some time and energy to sell out (Selling in auction, Selling on forum and meet up people, shopping ESIs to sell out skill and so on) - if you're in IRL emegency then maybe you need all your time and energy for the IRL crisis rather than ingame micromanagement.

last time I looked, nothing that can be called a end of world happened in the world of bitcoins, despite the massive problems with mtgox lately,despite the thousands of problems happening here and there, as for mtgox hopefully it will finnaly die as that exchange has been problematic for years, and was highly expected to end up that way.

As far as I know, we were talking about Mindark adding bitcoin in eu for deposit purpose -only- while using a third party like bitpay that exchange bitcoin to any currency that mindark wants -instantly- without having to hold any bitcoins for Mindark.
and it's still the same awesome advantage they would get from it, if you actually read through the thread properly.
When considering your comment "think again" I guess you did not read really, so no wonder.

last time I looked, nothing that can be called a end of world happened in the world of bitcoins, despite the massive problems with mtgox lately,despite the thousands of problems happening here and there, as for mtgox hopefully it will finnaly die as that exchange has been problematic for years, and was highly expected to end up that way.

As far as I know, we were talking about Mindark adding bitcoin in eu for deposit purpose -only- while using a third party like bitpay that exchange bitcoin to any currency that mindark wants -instantly- without having to hold any bitcoins for Mindark.
and it's still the same awesome advantage they would get from it, if you actually read through the thread properly.
When considering your comment "think again" I guess you did not read really, so no wonder.

Hmmm...last I've heard from the news broadcasted in my country, mtgox got a decent stash of their bitcoins stolen and is filing for bankruptcy. And because of that, it caused a pretty decent drop in the value of a bitcoin. (Furthermore, the news did mention that mtgox was a pretty large company that handles bitcoin exchanges....so if mtgox is just a small-timer from your point of view...then I'm sorry about that...must be something wrong with the news network over here then.)

True, it might still not be the end of the world as a result of this...but my perception from this is still the same...the risk is just too high to be jumping onto the bandwagon for something that's still in its infancy stages.

Just for your info: I did read at least the first post actually, and I do realize that OP's idea was to go for an immediate by-pass so that MA don't "see" and need to handle the bitcoins. But I'm not really sure how the whole process would be like for the transaction...what if there's some sort of time-lag in the transactions between MA and whichever "big" bitcoin exchange that they decide to deal with...that causes a failure to receive the cash payment from that company, like sudden bankruptcy,...Would MA have to eat up the loss? (However big or small that sum may be...)

As for my comment about "bitcoin, think again"...to be honest, it wasn't targeted at the OP actually. It's just to...hmmm...voice out that people need to re-evaluate about the value of bitcoins.

(PS: Hopefully that's clear enough for you. Good luck and take care...if some of you out there do happen to be holding onto some.)

Last edited:
I think MA should accept wishful thinking as deposit currency, that would benefit bitcoin owners even more i think.

Hmmm...last I've heard from the news broadcasted in my country, mtgox got a decent stash of their bitcoins stolen and is filing for bankruptcy. And because of that, it caused a pretty decent drop in the value of a bitcoin. (Furthermore, the news did mention that mtgox was a pretty large company that handles bitcoin exchanges....so if mtgox is just a small-timer from your point of view...then I'm sorry about that...must be something wrong with the news network over here then.)

True, it might still not be the end of the world as a result of this...but my perception from this is still the same...the risk is just too high to be jumping onto the bandwagon for something that's still in its infancy stages.

Just for your info: I did read at least the first post actually, and I do realize that OP's idea was to go for an immediate by-pass so that MA don't "see" and need to handle the bitcoins. But I'm not really sure how the whole process would be like for the transaction...what if there's some sort of time-lag in the transactions between MA and whichever "big" bitcoin exchange that they decide to deal with...that causes a failure to receive the cash payment from that company, like sudden bankruptcy,...Would MA have to eat up the loss? (However big or small that sum may be...)

As for my comment about "bitcoin, think again"...to be honest, it wasn't targeted at the OP actually. It's just to...hmmm...voice out that people need to re-evaluate about the value of bitcoins.

(PS: Hopefully that's clear enough for you. Good luck and take care...if some of you out there do happen to be holding onto some.)

as I told you in a +rep I made, most of what you say is false, and even if you might not like it, it is indeed pointless to argue about something, when you as exemple only rely on mainstream news, and have not much clue to all of that, as opposed to me who is indeed following all the crypto world very closely for a long time, and I don't say I am great, but most of what You said is for sure wrong.that is my reality based on facts I have.
but this thread is not made to make you understand what you don't.

As for what you said about exchange.

I will point out to you that using bitpay , does not rely on an exchange, it is not an exchanger.
it's a paiement processor, not to be misstaken with an exchanger, both are differents things.
whatever those third party paiement processor does, its their problem, not mindark one.

as for bankruptcy or problem with exchanger, whoever kept bitcoin in mtgox since 2011 and their hacks,
or the loads of lies and problems they encountered has to be silly.

there was red flags for long about it.

Mtgox was suposelly making loads of money everyday, yet they could not pay some withdraw since a year !

some withdraw would take up to 6 month even !

and -that's just talking about the last year withdraw problems with mtgox-

and after mtgox went down, what happened with bitstamp exchanger as exemple, is that they will now give quarter year report audit on their finances ;)

that's what should be done ;)

and who ever deal with problematic exchanger, or see fishy stuff and is still in, thats their own stupidity to do so.

there will always be thieves, in real world and virtual worlds, there will always be problem, especially on such special currency, such as bitcoin, which is a very new system based on an awesome protocol.

it does not mean it's a wrong thing or necessary dangerous to deal with, it's the people you choose to deal with that can be a problem, and if you do things smart, such problem as you talk about can be non existent.

also about mtgox, the news that came maintstream was not even based on facts, there was no proof of insolvency yet, so they actually made assumptions for now (which are mostly right for sure, but still -assumptions on whats going on-)

Mark karpeles, the CEO of mtgox is for sure a noob, and the way he was handling his multi millionar company was in a silly way security wise.

It seems that such business is awesome, as you can easily make 500k$ daily just relying on fee from people trading on that exchange, but the guy behind it does not seem like a huge rocket sciensist either, so whatever happened he killed the exchange himself.

but that is still -assumptions for now-

If you also check mtgox page, you will see it got updated, and there is rumors of mtgox being bought back, and saved.

personnaly I hope it dies for good, as it's only been a cancer of the bitcoin IMO, but if it's bought back, saved somehow with new CEO ,new organisations, withdraw back in fast mode, and new advantage, then it will just be a new beginning i guess.

time will tell how things turn to be, but an end of world ?for sure not.

Did I personnaly used mtgox ? No, for the reasons mentionned up there and many more, too many fishy stuff that do not make me confident at all.

Did I use other exchangers ? Definetly.

Did I choose them randomly or based on mainstream news ? thx god , not.

Mtgox.com update :

February 26th 2014

Dear MtGox Customers,

As there is a lot of speculation regarding MtGox and its future, I would like to use this opportunity to reassure everyone that I am still in Japan, and working very hard with the support of different parties to find a solution to our recent issues.

Furthermore I would like to kindly ask that people refrain from asking questions to our staff: they have been instructed not to give any response or information. Please visit this page for further announcements and updates.

Sincerely,
Mark Karpeles

Dear MtGox Customers,

In light of recent news reports and the potential repercussions on MtGox's operations and the market, a decision was taken to close all transactions for the time being in order to protect the site and our users. We will be closely monitoring the situation and will react accordingly.

Best regards,
MtGox Team

Last edited:
Honestly it is inevitable, they will all disappear it just amazes me how many people are so naive.

People who support Bitcoin are supporting programs that should not be supported. In the name of greed investors in bitcoin should all be ashamed of yourselves to be so blind as to see that the only people that could possibly need that much computing power, could never be operating in your best interest.

Make no mistake, the only real purpose behind the bitcoin design, is for the processing power, not as a currency.

The last time I was telling people its a scam the value was 1100 a coin, now its like what 480? And since then 3 major exchanges and their Bitcoins just up and disappeared. No justice, no way to get the hundreds of millions back, or even anyone to look for. Cant wait to hear about the end of it all. Anyone who invests in them deserve the complete loss that is coming, and than, comes what the Bitcoin mining algorithms are really for......

Please for the love of god don't ask to bring in currency that has more fluctuations than the surface of Mars and is not even backed or regulated.

Playdough is a more stable currency, I vote we allow playdough instead.

The last time I was telling people its a scam the value was 1100 a coin, now its like what 480? And since then 3 major exchanges and their Bitcoins just up and disappeared.

Please don't say anything about cld..

Honestly it is inevitable, they will all disappear it just amazes me how many people are so naive.

Agree, the whole concept is just too unstable to work in the long run, this latest debacle is just a sign of it. It's a hype, it will slowly die when the hype is over. And also, no state and government want to loose control of the economy and payments flow, so even if it got common used they would start to impose regulation on it.

Though someome said something in the lines of, "only fools trut mount gox", most normal people (who doesn't dig too scientifically into bitcoin) Think (thought) of mountgox as the biggest bitcoin Exchange service. So, even if you didn't use mountgox to store your bitcoins in, most people will Think that it would become much harder to turn bitcoins into IRL currency.

And not too long ago, a Swedish bitcoin Exchange closed; in that case it was likely to have been a one-man website, and it was too much work for him to keep it up.

im in two minds of the MtGox fiasco. the actual crash in price was due to a bug and them locking down transactions, since then the price has held quite firm. while price on MtGox collapsed last week, the other exchanges held above $500 and recoverd another blip yesturday when the crunch came.

however, this cant overlook the fact that bitcoin has been shown to be very very vulnerable. personally, i find it difficult to believe 720k bitcoins can go missing, you cant be that incompetant, shirley? against my instinct, i reckon its an eloborate scam that got found out ahead of schedule. there was also the Silk Road saga in recent weeks where they conveniently where hacked and lost thousand of deposited coins. basically, you cant trust anyone and there no regulation. so, either bitcoin fades away as potential adopters are put off, or regulation comes in which puts of potential adopters...

(also note, theres potentially only 500000 holders of bitcoin according to one analysis. some may say thats large room to grow, however with experience of Entropia in mind, i wonder if thats all its ever going to get)

Anyone who invests in them deserve the complete loss that is coming, and than, comes what the Bitcoin mining algorithms are really for......

I agree with your general view, but was interested to hear what you think the processing power is really being used for?
(I love a good conspiray theory :))

there was also the Silk Road saga in recent weeks where they conveniently where hacked and lost thousand of deposited coins.
Didn't Snowden's revelations imply that The Silk Road was just an FBI/CIA tar-baby?
Was prolly just the Feds getting their own coins back. :wtg:

however, this cant overlook the fact that bitcoin has been shown to be very very vulnerable. personally, i find it difficult to believe 720k bitcoins can go missing, you cant be that incompetant, shirley? against my instinct, i reckon its an eloborate scam that got found out ahead of schedule.

Apparently, it was something like: Some scammers sent their bitcoins to mtgox, and at the same time they did Another transaction with same bitcoins. The second transaction would hit the "net" faster and be processed (go into blockchains), while the bitcoins that mtgox received then would just be invalid. At the same time, mtgox didn't have sufficient logging over which bitcoins they got, so they couldn't trace back the failed transactions (apparently they assumed that there would be no way to "fool the system").

Maybe (just a guess) either, the losses in the end were too high so they Went bancrupt, and/or they realized they weren't able to implement the logging needed in time.

Another interesting thing with bitcoin, is that it's suspected that the "founding fathers" sits on a good percentage of bitcoins created (and that the mysterois "satoshi nakamoto" is one of them).

There's a reason why countries have gold reserves...

What I don't understand, why do people store bitcoins in exchange markets? Why not in their own bitcoin wallets? :scratch2:

Apparently, it was something like:...

i understand thats what they say happened on or around the 7th Feb. but the 720k missing is from over a long period, they've said so themselves in their crisis managment document. its one thing to have insufficient logging for realtime transactions, its quite another to not have basic checks in place to know that your total account deposits are greatly larger than the amount you have on hand. They must have known for weeks or months there was a problem. i saw somewhere diligent investigations have shown around 700k leaking out of MtGox in a consistant pattern over years (not sure how legitimate/conclusive this was). its been speculated for some time there was a problem there as withdrawals take so long (... sound familiar? ), and that they were in debt.

What I don't understand, why do people store bitcoins in exchange markets? Why not in their own bitcoin wallets? :scratch2:

People use exchanges for speculation. I woudn't be surprised that the huge majority of bitcoins are just used for speculation and to "get rich quick". Imho the actual usage is very, very low.

Last edited:
Selling AxeCoins @ Twin Peaks. This week just 1000 PED for 10k AxeCoins. You can recieve them by mail.

Edit: I mean e-mail

Last edited:
Don't get why anyone would not want an extra deposit option. Not like they have anything to lose if they don't use bitcoin. Sounds like alot of jealousy of the few people who earned money on getting in on bitcoin early.
Not going to even talk about all the false claims in this thread. But the ignorance of some here is way beyond what I would expect from entropia players.

Don't get why anyone would not want an extra deposit option. Not like they have anything to lose if they don't use bitcoin. Sounds like alot of jealousy of the few people who earned money on getting in on bitcoin early.
Not going to even talk about all the false claims in this thread. But the ignorance of some here is way beyond what I would expect from entropia players.

What false claims ? :D

It's okey for me if they use bitcoins for payment only and if it's only directly converted to USD so MA don't take any risk. But I still don't think it worth the cost, because setting up and running the system will cost more than it would bring in. So that's why I don't think MA should get involved in with it. Come back if the use of bitcoins are 50 times higher than today maybe I will change my mind.

It's okey for me if they use bitcoins for payment only and if it's only directly converted to USD so MA don't take any risk. But I still don't think it worth the cost, because setting up and running the system will cost more than it would bring in. So that's why I don't think MA should get involved in with it. Come back if the use of bitcoins are 50 times higher than today maybe I will change my mind.

Not gonne quote all, but an example "Make no mistake, the only real purpose behind the bitcoin design, is for the processing power, not as a currency."

It costs 30 to 300 dollars + the time it takes to program entropia if they want it automatic. I doubt that's even worth mentioning. I can guarantee it's worth the cost as Ill depo more then 300 $ myself..

It costs 30 to 300 dollars + the time it takes to program entropia if they want it automatic. I doubt that's even worth mentioning. I can guarantee it's worth the cost as Ill depo more then 300 $ myself..

What we learnt from MtGox: Any handling by bitcoins should be done by a third-party Company WHOs economy is totally separated from MAs. I don't Think that MA should take the risk with bitcoin thieves, possible "double-spending", hard bitcoins lost due to harddrive crashes and 3rd party claims from someone who have tracked his stolen bitcoins having been cleaned through MAs deposit-and-withdrawal.

If MA can use a serious payment processor who would take 100% of the risk then why not, then they could accept Elbonian Pretzels as currency for me.

I don't know what the cost would be to set up the option for accepting btc and "running the system" for it, but I would imagine it would be negligible or at least not too much more cost than any other payment processor system MA is using.

Also, consider credit card companies charge merchants with merchant/interchange fees for each transaction made, anywhere from 5-12% or more (negotiable depending on volume, eg. Walmart can negotiate a smaller % because it does so much volume). I have no idea what MA gets charged by CC companies for each deposit players make, but it appears they pass some, if not most of that raping on to us with their own deposit fees.

I think it would be well worth it for MA because they could save hundreds of thousands of dollars a year (prolly not millions since people would still use CC) which they could use to improve the game, market/advertise, hire more people, give us better loot, line their own pockets, buy a new castle, etc, whatever.

From Coinbase FAQ section:

What fees does Coinbase charge for merchant processing?
Last Updated: Feb 05, 2014 03:50PM PST
Coinbase provides merchant tools which make it easy for your business or website to accept bitcoin payments.

If you accept bitcoin and choose to keep those funds in bitcoin there is no charge or transaction fee to accept payments.

If you choose to exchange bitcoin you receive into your local currency, then this is where transaction fees come into effect. We charge 1% to convert bitcoin into your local currency (or less based on volume). This fee is waived on your first $1,000,000 USD in merchant processing.

If you're doing more than $1,000,000 per month, send us an email at merchants at coinbase dot com.

Note that your bank or payout method may have additional fees that do not go to Coinbase. For example, there is a $0.15 per ACH bank payout fee in the U.S.

Off-Topic:
Anyway, we are prolly a few more years away from most people finally seeing the light - if at all. In the meantime, I'll be happily scooping up more btc whether they are at $1200 or $1.20. Enjoy your fiat!

Cheers

Also, consider credit card companies charge merchants with merchant/interchange fees for each transaction made, anywhere from 5-12% or more (negotiable depending on volume, eg. Walmart can negotiate a smaller % because it does so much volume). I have no idea what MA gets charged by CC companies for each deposit players make, but it appears they pass some, if not most of that raping on to us with their own deposit fees.

I think it would be well worth it for MA because they could save hundreds of thousands of dollars a year

they get charged 3.5% because that is what the deposit fee is. MA would save nothing as they already pass on the fee.

I think it would be well worth it for MA because they could save hundreds of thousands of dollars a year (prolly not millions since people would still use CC) which they could use to improve the game, market/advertise, hire more people, give us better loot, line their own pockets, buy a new castle, etc, whatever.

Cheers

Hundred thousands of dollars a year? :laugh:
Thats pure fantasy. The deposits are around 10 MUSD/year or less. Even if Lets say 4 % disappear in fees, that's 400 000 USD. Let's say 5 % of the players would you bitcoin instead, that would be 5%x400 000 USD=20 000 USD theoretical that could be saved. BUT...

1. We pay the fees today, not MA.
2. Useing Bitcoins are not free, it will also take fees on transactions. (the miners want money)
3. The market/companies that buying and sells the bitcoins also want fees, different buying/selling rate on the currency.
4. And as I already said before, no system is free to run, it needs maintenance.
5. Not even 5 % of the players would use bitcoins to the make their deposits.

So in the in it would probably not give any benefit at all.

Back