Entropia Universe 14.3 Release Notes

i dont see any mention of fixing the bug where it mutes my microphone every time i log into the game

Generic fuses are ONLY used in warp drives, which are ONLY (afaik) L bps. Success rate on L bps has always and continues to be much higher than UL bps unless you're not maxed on em (in which case you shouldn't be clicking it anyways). :confused:

Nope - L bp's have been "improved" by Mindark.
Success rate is crap

Think MA has SIB on delay skill..

guess they went home, and try to fix it tomorrow

Maybe, usually when a game company has extended downtime during as update it means they encountered a critical issue that wasn't present during their testing.

Lack of communication on latest delays tells me its quite a big job or they have indeed gone home for the night. On that note, I must end my update quest for today.

Hopefully by morning it will be back online.

i wonder if next time the bright sparks that run MA will consider updating the hardware in parallel the way normal IT people do so as to minimize downtime, i mean, these concepts, they are not rocket science :)

Because you use only about 3Gb of memory for EU (I think 1Gb or so is reserved for system).
If you missed it, in today's VU there is 64bit client, so you will be able to use more RAM....

I didn't miss it. Though it means I would have to buy a 64Bit Version of Windows first. I am using Win7 32Bit right now with a Kernel-Patch to use 16GB RAM. And no, this patch doesn't cause the crashes :) I think EU is not that important to me :)

Nope - L bp's have been "improved" by Mindark.
Success rate is crap

As a crafter I have not noticed any change in success rate of L bps, or UL bps for that matter.

i dont see any mention of fixing the bug where it mutes my microphone every time i log into the game

This!!

Game actually mutes the microphone in windows software.....

The above text is all useless if we can't use it... :handjob:

64bit?!?! :O

YAY * dance dance *

bug squash list looks good. 1st beer in hand. Gogo give us a rubberband login preview !!!

:beerchug:

I didn't miss it. Though it means I would have to buy a 64Bit Version of Windows first. I am using Win7 32Bit right now with a Kernel-Patch to use 16GB RAM. And no, this patch doesn't cause the crashes :) I think EU is not that important to me :)

You can install 64 bit. If you bought 32 bit you have the right to use the other version too, so no problem with that.
And yes, 32 bit have a memory limitation (pure mathematical - see Intel site in support section), the kernel patch is prone to cause more errors than solve problems.
I also had frequent EU crashes when I used 32 bit, no matter how many solves I applied. Now with 64 bit I had only one crash due to graphic driver.

As of Win 8.1... after benchmarks I gained +6% performance on my 5 year old desktop, and my CPU is 5 dgr cooler in normal use... so was kinda worth for me :)

Would the privateers get the same 'upgrades' as the mother ships? Or do they catalog privateers also under mother ships?

Guess we're waiting for tomorrow. MA team has gone to bed. The sugar glider has been buried in the back yard next to the hamster. Next up is a chinchilla with a limp and a wheeze.

There is alot of good fixes, but I didn't see them mention the bug on Female Coats that causes the collar of the coat to be the color of the skin of the ava. :confused:

someone forgot to flip the switch on before leaving the office

There is alot of good fixes, but I didn't see them mention the bug on Female Coats that causes the collar of the coat to be the color of the skin of the ava. :confused:

Hopefully, this is the fix they are talking about when they said "Textures are now mirrored correctly again."

*fingers crossed*

i wonder if next time the bright sparks that run MA will consider updating the hardware in parallel the way normal IT people do so as to minimize downtime, i mean, these concepts, they are not rocket science :)

Well, the way I see it, since they seem to be upgrading server hardware directly (server replacements?), it should be even easier and faster.

Setup new servers in the office test environment, load OS, game server daemon, including the latest updates. Make sure IP addresses, everything else match, do a load test to make sure servers work fine.

Make incremental backups / copies of player data (probably just SQL) to the new servers starting from a few days before update. This way you can test if your updates work with existing real player data as well.

On day of update, bring new servers to data center. bring old servers off line, copy over whatever player data is left and unplug old servers. Plug in new servers. Boot up.

Should take an hour, two max?

If they were willing to spend a few bucks extra, get new servers into the data center a few days before update is rolled out to us (may cost a few dollars to get a cage or rack for a couple of days in the data center or may even be free since they are a long term client and the DC may give it free as good will), and make sure incremental backups are done, as well as tested. In which case, they just have to redirect traffic to the new servers once old servers are taken down.

Takes 5?10 minutes?

Only reason I can think of the update taking this long is that they took the new servers to data center, then proceeded to install the necessary softwares, updates, configure and stuff. After that copy over the player data, test, then run across bugs and stuff and now try to fix it.

Sometimes I just have to wonder at how they do things........ :scratch2:

If you got 32bit license you got 64bit license. From licnsing point of view is no difference what bit version you are using.

I think those would be added in a PP update, not a platform one? So in the October PP VU?

Planet specific ones maybe. There would first need to be platform support though. Much like mobs with multiple different attacks.

Hopefully, this is the fix they are talking about when they said "Textures are now mirrored correctly again."

*fingers crossed*

Good point, I didn't catch that one:dunce:, fingers crossed too then :tapfinger

On day of update, bring new servers to data center. bring old servers off line, copy over whatever player data is left and unplug old servers. Plug in new servers. Boot up.

What if the distance between "the office" and "the datacenter" takes more than two hours by a plane? Much like it actually does in case of MA?

*fingers crossed*

conversely, I hope that means precisely what it says as that would fix at least 100 dfferent items not just (F) coats .

though I do hope they haven't neglected (F) coats, of course.

jay :)

You can install 64 bit. If you bought 32 bit you have the right to use the other version too, so no problem with that.
And yes, 32 bit have a memory limitation (pure mathematical - see Intel site in support section), the kernel patch is prone to cause more errors than solve problems.
I also had frequent EU crashes when I used 32 bit, no matter how many solves I applied. Now with 64 bit I had only one crash due to graphic driver.

As of Win 8.1... after benchmarks I gained +6% performance on my 5 year old desktop, and my CPU is 5 dgr cooler in normal use... so was kinda worth for me :)

Don't want to sound like a smartass, but maybe you update your technical knowledge about Windows7 32bit systems and why the default Win7 32bit can only address 3GB of RAM.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc758523(WS.10).aspx

http://www.geoffchappell.com/notes/windows/license/memory.htm

It's not a technical problem, it's a Microsoft license problem. The technet link states that 2003 Datacenter is using the same patch btw.

"(4) Both the 32-bit version of Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition and the 64-bit version of Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition support up to 64 GB of RAM"

So.........over 12 hours offline??? c'mon i need my Fix!!

Well, the way I see it, since they seem to be upgrading server hardware directly (server replacements?), it should be even easier and faster.

Setup new servers in the office test environment, load OS, game server daemon, including the latest updates. Make sure IP addresses, everything else match, do a load test to make sure servers work fine.

Make incremental backups / copies of player data (probably just SQL) to the new servers starting from a few days before update. This way you can test if your updates work with existing real player data as well.

If they were willing to spend a few bucks extra, get new servers into the data center a few days before update is rolled out to us (may cost a few dollars to get a cage or rack for a couple of days in the data center or may even be free since they are a long term client and the DC may give it free as good will), and make sure incremental backups are done, as well as tested. In which case, they just have to redirect traffic to the new servers once old servers are taken down.

Takes 5?10 minutes?

Only reason I can think of the update taking this long is that they took the new servers to data center, then proceeded to install the necessary softwares, updates, configure and stuff. After that copy over the player data, test, then run across bugs and stuff and now try to fix it.

Sometimes I just have to wonder at how they do things........ :scratch2:

maybe this is the beginning of an ownership transfer? New-to-be owner has more powerful servers and wants them up and running on his/her server before handing over the money. MA still own the IP and guy or gal still have the money to pay for it, just waiting for things to be a-ok before the switch is made? hmmm, food for thought, just thinking out loud

regardless will be nice I believe :)

all is well, but but but did they bring back taming???

Back