Entropia Universe Mini-Update

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
The mini-update released today contained fixes that increases stability on the servers and in the client. Further work with improving stability continues.

Originally Posted Here

The mini-update released today contained fixes that increases stability on the servers and in the client. Further work with improving stability continues.

I didn't noticed any difference :)

i wish we got to find out this info before the update, would be nice :rolleyes:

I noticed a difference: logging is faster, teleporting is faster anf frames are more stable than before the update imho.

i wish we got to find out this info before the update, would be nice :rolleyes:

Why oh why would you possibly benefit from this info before the update ? :rolleyes:

Seems to have fixed my log-in issues. Before it would take me 5-10 attempts to log in, done 4 in a row first time since update.

well, good job and keep up the good work! :yay:

:yay:

What does it do? lol.

Looks like the Nvidia guys and the Crytek dudes have cleaned up some code...

The FPS rate at login screen went down from 1500 to 145 so that's a good thing; should reduce the heat problems in aircooled cards that stay on login for long

And my FPS ingame went up ~25% so all I can say is gogogo MA!

another 50% up and I'm able to play decent again :yay:

/Slupor

:yay:

What does it do? lol.

On my system, it completely resets my video card before showing the login screen.... All black for 2-3 seconds then the window appears and my desktop behind it auto-adjusts back to my set desktop resolution... Annoying, but I can live with it...

Ya, its about time since the original release about a week ago. With this mini update, I can now climb hills n mountains without much of a hassle, except steep ones (~ 90% gradient).

Thanks, MA. :D

solved my isues too... before this miniupdate I can log in every time... now... I crash right after logging in... system didnt changed, then seems prob isnt on my side... so... seems I must be cursed ;P

The FPS rate at login screen went down from 1500 to 145 so that's a good thing; should reduce the heat problems in aircooled cards that stay on login for long

What do you use to check FPS?

Well, seems it did not fix the CTDs.
My longest session time so far was 1,5 hours and that was only because I did not move around and was chatting.
Hunting takes an hour till the CTD.

What do you use to check FPS?

FRAPS of course... What else? :scratch2:

And the reset of the videocards at the begin I forgot to mention, good one.

I can confirm the climbing improvements, I was just roaming some hilly places so another nice fix as well. Feels like :xmas:

O and I also noticed a new "feature" : mobs that get too close become invisible now. I'm gonna try that one in pvp see if it not only works for red dots but green dots as well.

Last but not least, the "entering a new LA and it does not get detected on the map" bug is still there so this update was for sure graphical stuff
/Slupor

Last edited:
O and I also noticed a new "feature" : mobs that get too close become invisible now. I'm gonna try that one in pvp see if it not only works for red dots but green dots as well.

That was in since the beginning. I am not 100% if it is a bug or the graphics card running out of memory, never have it when I run in lower setting.

can someone confirm that it solved the "dangerous bug" (see thread in signature)

Great, got an new feature with the update: Im now able to run down the street near the TP in Fury for a couple of metres.....Then boooom, CTD:yay:

3 Times in a row....time to logg in for a fourth time:)

fix bugs, create bugs... cannot play in windowed mode anymore

Oh ffs, you cant have it all can you...

Like they say, fix some create some...
WHEN ARE you gonna be happy...:yay:

If the hillclimbing has been fixed im happy...:wtg:

My login options always revert to "Windowed" mode now????

Cant login now, great fix MA

i can't seem to open in window mode after mini-update. Windowed check mark clears itself on client loader. anyone else having this problem while trying to open in window mode?

i can't seem to open in window mode after mini-update. Windowed check mark clears itself on client loader. anyone else having this problem while trying to open in window mode?

Fix in this thread...

Also - It seems that hill climbing is much better...

May have to try and tackle the volcano near Ares soon :)

Last edited:
* deleted *

Last edited:
I got my windowed mode back

Login Full-screen

Esc -> Options ->Video

Uncheck Fullscreen box.

Apply, Logout

Windows Mode should be checked or checkable in the CL Options now.

Login and set your preferred Windowed Resolution.

:beerchug:

Miles

I wonder... Could it be that MA is including cfg files in with the mini-updates? That would explain why things like the fullscreen issue happen....:scratch2:

I know it's an obvious noob thing to do... But I would never sell MA short....

* deleted *

Last edited:
Just discovered another fix. When falling from a reasonable hight, you no longer have the weird arm movement animation, followed by being unable to move after hitting the ground; its now the correct falling animation.
Hope this helps

EDIT: And glasses are now visable when under water.

Last edited:
Back