Entropia Universe Movie Competition Winner

Well tbh, I think MA did well with this price. Movie sucks. If I film a teamhunt it's more exciting..
MA made a mistake by letting views determine winner, but kinda fixed that with this price :D
Maybe it has 1k ped tt, so still a nice hof :)

M8, the movie might suck to you, but I sure liked it. I bet many other people did as well.
That the winner was chosed by the number of views on youtube sucks indeed. But if MA's way of chosing the criteria sucked, it doesnt mean that the movie sucked also ;)
Tastes differ to a lot of people...

my opinon is the winning film was boring and mindless
sorry all involved
the one i would vote as best/moast innovative/and moast entetertaning
is perfect day
ahh there is my 20pence worth lol for all the good it will do
but gratz to the winners for winning well there we go

M8, the movie might suck to you, but I sure liked it. I bet many other people did as well.
That the winner was chosed by the number of views on youtube sucks indeed. But if MA's way of chosing the criteria sucked, it doesnt mean that the movie sucked also ;)
Tastes differ to a lot of people...

Do you know how a real machinima competition is going? Surely not.
But, do we need to argue on that? No. The rules were that, the result was that.
Take it or leave. I already left. :rolleyes:

what happened to the vote system ?
im shure moast users have en accounts
why was it not put up to vote like all the other compititons?
sorry but i dont like to see unfair comps
i feel sorry for the people who won this an have to put up with this
crap we send them:(

Gah what a lame prize though really.... Might has well have gotten a shirt to go with the prize that said, I won the Entropia Universe Movie contest on youtube.com and all i got was this crappy statue... Unless of course the statue has magical powers! The movie definately was not my favorite ever, but how can MA just give a statue to the winners when last time there was such a damn badass couple of prizes....

You are all selfish. :silly2:

I think this time the prize was fair. I think the prizes earlier wasn't fair. And here is the problem and the root of the whining.
On the other hand the prize name is make me thinking.
Unique EU01 Movie Prize
What will the next one win? EU02 Movie Prize? :scratch2:

and here is the problem
any vote open to repetitive or suspect votes is open to suspítion
mmmmm
ok we have a system of 1 vote 1 person that is fairly robust
why the hellll not use it and bypass all the suspititon and give us
actual vote
and i still have sympathy for those that won it and have to justify it to us

Last edited:
Do you know how a real machinima competition is going? Surely not.
But, do we need to argue on that? No. The rules were that, the result was that.
Take it or leave. I already left. :rolleyes:

Nimrodima, first I want to say that I really didnt understand what you are trying to say there. Honestly... It may be my bad English...
Second: I am REALLY not trying to argue with anyone about this. I said gratz to the winners and I actually feel very proud that they are romanians like me.
I pesonally liked the movie and I am glad that they won, I swear!
Third: I also dont try to argue about the rules set by MA. They must have had their reasons. Maybe they didnt even care about the quality of the movie as long as it was about their game and it made them publicity. I dont really know and I dont care. Those were the rules, those were the results. End of story for me.

Gratz! Well done ;)

Jamhot

P.S maybe MA could upload your video to your (pc) folder for free ^^ That would be nice. *hopes MA's listening. Gratz again!

Gratz! Well done ;)

What will the next one win? EU02 Movie Prize? :scratch2:
Definately :D

Jamhot

P.S maybe MA could upload your video to your (pc) folder for free ^^ That would be nice. *hopes MA's listening. Gratz again!

Well, uhm, gratz?
I think the way the rules were set up wasn't handled very well, and "solved" with a prize like this: nothing really functional or uber about it, just nice to have.
(I doubt it very much that this statue will be able to do anything at all ;) )

I must say, I dint like that movie... Imho. something fishy about the stats... I saw rather many videos that was 100 times better. (Mine sucked balls)...

For example my friend Hjerpe (Bodybag on youtube) made several videos that were really great.

Anyway... Fishy is the word...

And I am not jealous (of the golden statue? rofl) , I just belive in fairness.

Gratz to the winners. Nice little piece for the fireplace :wtg:

Good movie yes, but the best?
Naah...

Anyway, its not the number of viewers who can vouch. Only personal oppinion.

I loved best the one called "A Perfect Day". Great choice of music :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqeD_gSOkwI

Last edited:
Grats to the winner and enjoy that statue :)
The next contest should be something like cramming 550 globals into a 90 second clip..

A bit curious/confused why they didnt utilize the voting booths in game /shrug

Gratz to the winners :yay:

However, that movie doesn't make my choice. MA can justify theirs by most views, and a title that sound good for their product. No need to look further.

I am not bashing the winners, but i found a lot more creativity and introduction to entropia gameplay/features in less views films, but that was my opinion.
Personnaly, i enjoyed almost all bodybag's movies, and the one with an amazing Monty Python's kind of quest for graal from 'sincerly sorry, i forgot your name'.

Again, gratz for the winners, but I think i will never understand what MA think.

Gratz Rech!

Gratz to the first prize m8!:yay:
I love that song!:D
Regards
Lazz

I guess Neverdie forgot to copyright that! It is a good tune ...

Congratulations to the winners. :)

I think the prize is perfect, a unique item that you can display proudly. No, it is not a "uber" weapon or magical super armor, but I think it fits like the Oscar presented in RL.

I also think that MA could have found another venue for the contest than YouTube...

Cheers :beerchug:

I just watched "A Perfect Day" and "Teleporting Toilet Paper", both are most excellent and well produced videos that made me laugh out loud!

I'm now starting to wonder how many of these videos MindArk actually bothered to watch...

A Perfect Day:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqeD_gSOkwI[/YOUTUBE]

Teleporting Toilet Paper:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgvh0Q9ig6Y&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

Maybe its a statue of the terminator? or maybe a statue of Neo holding the terminator (im sure he would buy that!!). Anyway statue is a good prize for this type of competion. Cant expect something like the terminator every time.

Perhaps someone should compile a top ten of the best youtube entries and let EF vote on it.

gratz to the winners :)

oh, i must of missed that. Ill have a search when i get home.

ty :girl:

must spread some rep bla bla...

Someone else (who did not take part) should do a new one. Question on my Thread was "Who will MA choose?". And it turned out you guys were right!
Should have listen to you all telling me to cheat as well :eek: :laugh:

Also, i did run only a very short time... so, start a real one with top 10 :)
Maybe like a new, but real, contest here on EF?

Top 10 of: Most funny, Weirdest, Best Idea... whatever but not MOST VIEWS -on EF i allready won that - :laugh:

Grats to the winner and enjoy that statue :)
The next contest should be something like cramming 550 globals into a 90 second clip..

A bit curious/confused why they didnt utilize the voting booths in game /shrug

That is what I was thinking myself. Maybe they only cared about making themselves publicity on youtube without paying anything really. Not saying that its a bad thing....just a smart PR move...

Back