News: Entropia Universe Unreal Engine 5 Migration FAQ

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher

Entropia Universe Unreal Engine 5 Migration FAQ​

Press Release: MindArk Signs Deal for Unreal Engine 5

Q: When does MindArk plan on migrating Entropia Universe over to Unreal Engine 5?
A: Development of the Unreal Engine 5 version of Entropia Universe is already underway. However, no target release date has yet been determined or announced. Keep an eye out for future announcements on the Entropia Universe official website.

Q: Will the current version of Entropia Universe continue receiving updates during the Unreal Engine 5 development period?
A: Yes. New content will continue to be developed and released for Entropia Universe by MindArk and the planet partners during the Unreal Engine 5 development period.

Q: What exciting new features will be included in the Unreal Engine 5 version of Entropia Universe?
A: MindArk plans to release numerous previews and sneak peeks during the Unreal Engine 5 development process. Stay tuned to MindArk’s various communications channels for more info.

Q: What will the minimum system requirements be for the Unreal Engine 5 Entropia Universe client?
A: While the final system requirements for the Unreal Engine 5 Entropia Universe client are not yet determined, MindArk is aiming for the following: Windows 10 64-bit, Quad-core Intel or AMD processor 2.5 GHz or faster, 8 GB of RAM, DirectX 11 or DirectX 12 compatible graphics card. Some features or options may require better hardware for optimal performance.

Q: Can I continue using the current Entropia Universe client after the migration to Unreal Engine 5?
A: Once the Unreal Engine 5 client is released, the previous (current) CryEngine2 client will no longer be active or available.

Additional FAQs, previews, and announcements regarding the Unreal Engine 5 migration will be published during the development period.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go again :ROFLMAO:
jk.
Respect. I don't know other game to switch 3 engines after release :ROFLMAO:

How Many Are Players Using Window 10 :ROFLMAO:

Amazing! Looking forward to seeing what this brings. Should definitely upon up new opportunities for development

What does this mean for players without decent computers?

Good to see this kind of communication so quickly after the announcement

FAQ that WE are probably thinking:
How many players currently use less than approximate UE5 spec?
What features will not be ported as of the changeover - and will thus simply not work at all (pets?, other?)?
How long do we really have before the earthquake?
Will other hardware suddenly be a possibility (PS4/5, Xbox etc.) if current players want to switch?

Since not every player has a budget that will allow for immediate or near immediate PC upgrades/replacements then can we have re-assurance from MA that so long as MA are informed by the individual concerned that their account will be frozen...for as long as it takes them to afford it.

No amount of silly and rude comments over how cheap a modern PC is, changes the facts of life, We have players that cannot afford to upgrade instantly, but for them a game and community such as this, is a lifeline. Be they students not yet in the workplace, the disabled or those unable to work because of health issues or simply trying to keep their play budget low while they bring up a family.
The game allows for low budget players as well as high rollers, so please don't look down on those less fortunate than yourselves. Some may have long term financial hardship, many others will have been hit hard by job losses, reduced hours etc because of the pandemic.
MA needs to ensure they are not penalised for being on a tight budget, and in particular needs to assure them that they will not close and cleanse their accounts.
Without an assurance from MA I suspect we will see many players leave and withdraw what they have rather than risk all. Many of those players will have been here a long time, and will be missed.

Last edited:
Looking forward to all estates in game being flipped around, more weeds in the basements, and booths going unfunctional for 3 years again like we had at vu 10. On top of that we can have mountains everywhere in areas that used to be flat lands that will 'trap' avatars just like many rivers do currently. Yipiee Fun Times!

Since not every player has a budget that will allow for immediate or near immediate PC upgrades/replacements then can we have re-assurance from MA that so long as MA are informed by the individual concerned that their account will be frozen...for as long as it takes them to afford it.

No amount of silly and rude comments over how cheap a modern PC is, changes the facts of life, We have players that cannot afford to upgrade instantly, but for them a game and community such as this, is a lifeline. Be they students not yet in the workplace, the disabled or those unable to work because of health issues or simply trying to keep their play budget low while they bring up a family.
The game allows for low budget players as well as high rollers, so please don't look down on those less fortunate than yourselves. Some may have long term financial hardship, many others will have been hit hard by job losses, reduced hours etc because of the pandemic.
MA needs to ensure they are not penalised for being on a tight budget, and in particular needs to assure them that they will not close and cleanse their accounts.
Without an assurance from MA I suspect we will see many players leave and withdraw what they have rather than risk all. Many of those players will have been here a long time, and will be missed.
Only sweaters got a bad PC in 2021

I had a shity PC for so long but i was fine for hunting solo only. Pvp was impossible for me.

Granny, but cost of playing EU is high enough for anyone to have money for decent PC. If not, they are playing a wrong game to begin with.

Last edited:
Graphics upgrade really?
I wonder if mindark have any understanding of their customer base..
I had better start cash out before locked out
It's not only a graphic upgrade/
New better engine (UE5) = easier development for planet partners and MA than CE for this kind of games = there will faster fixes, more updates and a lot of development limitations on the planet partners will disappear :).

I've got a fairly decent desktop at the moment but I'm always setting aside some funds to upgrade it and down the road replace it. I don't think we will see this being rolled out really fast which gives people time to budget for the minimum specifications whether its new systems or upgrades to existing ones. Plus the current worldwide back log on computer hardware still needs to even out once manufacturing catches up with demand. There is a lot of upheaval still happening in the world and it will take a while before things right themselves. I would definitely take your concerns to MA in some way just so its on their radar.

New better engine (UE5) = easier development for planet partners and MA than CE for this kind of games = there will faster fixes, more updates and a lot of development limitations on the planet partners will disappear :).
Also easier to hire people since there some people who don't like to work with CE. ;)

I am appalled that people think that just because people play this game, and have maybe played for years that it guarentees they have a not insignificant amount of money to throw at a new machine.
They may not be poor enough to need to cash out, they may have temporary difficulties, but life is a bitch and we cannot all be certain of our incomes over the next few months.
Examples:
Those on furlough because of the pandemic.
Those made redundant, at any time
People with health conditions that have removed them from the workplace, or at least reduced their income
Are you seriously saying they should put themselves in debt to buy a gaming PC, or wait and save a little longer.
All I suggested was that MA give these folk some extra leeway.

I am not suggesting MA don't change CryEngine or any other update. Hell I am as excited by the potential for the game as anyone.
But we none of us know if we will be in the same financial situation next week, month, year. Life changes are hard enough to deal with, without also worrying we could lose all our items, skills etc gained over years while saving for a new PC.

The arrogance some of you are showing, the insensitivity to your fellow players astounds and appals me.
Show some humanity.

How Many Are Players Using Window 10 :ROFLMAO:
Windows 7 support ended on January 14th 2020, Windows 8 (Vista) was a failure, there was no Windows 9 due to potential mix-up with Windows 95/98. Therefor everyone should be!

What does this mean for players without decent computers?
Graphics upgrade really?
I wonder if mindark have any understanding of their customer base..
I had better start cash out before locked out
The time between Announcement of CE2 and actual implementation was 2 years. I assume you have quite some time to save some money.
Also, it's a PC so you upgrade it! No need to buy a complete new one, a new compatible GFX card, CPU, Mainboard and some memory shouldn't cost more then $250, possibly even less then that. Everyone should be able to put away ~$20 a month and have a compatible system upon implementation.

Yes you are right, i dont know much about programing and computers but thats what some friends told me :)

Last edited:
@Ludvig|MindArk @My|MindArk

Does this mean the UI update has been cancelled?
That's actually a really good question. Postponed beyond just the next quarter or so and integrated into the new engine release, or will the two be released somewhat independently?

A question like that at least avoids the "give us a date" question and gives something a little more answerable.

I am appalled that people think that just because people play this game, and have maybe played for years that it guarentees they have a not insignificant amount of money to throw at a new machine.
They may not be poor enough to need to cash out, they may have temporary difficulties, but life is a bitch and we cannot all be certain of our incomes over the next few months.
Examples:
Those on furlough because of the pandemic.
Those made redundant, at any time
People with health conditions that have removed them from the workplace, or at least reduced their income
Are you seriously saying they should put themselves in debt to buy a gaming PC, or wait and save a little longer.
All I suggested was that MA give these folk some extra leeway.

I am not suggesting MA don't change CryEngine or any other update. Hell I am as excited by the potential for the game as anyone.
But we none of us know if we will be in the same financial situation next week, month, year. Life changes are hard enough to deal with, without also worrying we could lose all our items, skills etc gained over years while saving for a new PC.

The arrogance some of you are showing, the insensitivity to your fellow players astounds and appals me.
Show some humanity.
Seriously? Are we playing the same game? I have bought and paid for over 9k usd worth of computers, as well as over 1 million usd worth of real estate, all from EU profits, I have no other income. How are you people still playing if not making anything after all these years? Such a shame more people can't spend the time to figure out how to make it in a game that has 300 million usd turnover per year. Even a small % of a % can be massive.

I like the Unreal Engines. Do we have at least a year or so before the switch-over?

The migration to CryEngine was very traumatic for the community and many people left for a while, and some gave up permanently. I hope this one goes smooth.
:beerchug:

It should be a fairly smooth transition. AFAIK, CryEngine2 uses C++, which means porting code to Unreal Engine, which is also C++ based is a matter of tailoring the code to the new engine and not rewriting in-game system code from scratch. There shouldn't be any loss of functionality in the move.

For those concerned about having to upgrade your machines, think of this as investing in a Bloomberg Terminal, if you know what that is. You'll gain access to things you've only ever dreamed of ;)

Back