News: Eomon Migration 2023 Begins

The real question I have is why did you guys lie to us….again….

Let’s be real here, boxes dropping was not intentional, otherwise you guys would have had a new ring in there… Twen or s23. Not the same ring from 3 years ago.

Do you really think that we are all just that stupid that we will believe you just magically turned on summer boxes but left the s20 ring in there?
What a typical half-ass way for mind ark to attempt to cover up a mistake, in a very half-ass way.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for the MU, but man I am really getting sick of the lying and inability to admit fault/mistakes.

Bump to this, embarrassing

Let’s be real here, boxes dropping was not intentional, otherwise you guys would have had a new ring in there… Twen or s23. Not the same ring from 3 years ago.

Do you really think that we are all just that stupid that we will believe you just magically turned on summer boxes but left the s20 ring in there?

Ill bump it as well.

I don't see any bad thing with this extra markup.

Yes there are people who ended up on the shitty end of the stick, resellers and summer 2020 owners (those who overpaid it extremely), but that's the risk and the beauty with this game. Tomorrow we can see series of new armors that will make angel for example obsolete. Angel owners will cry, everyone else will cheer.

Make sure when you invest into something, that pays itself off over time, so in the end you basically get that certain item for free.

Finally someone calls them out on it like I have tried to. Though apparently I was just being salty according to some. Keeping Summer Ring 2020 for this year is a big mistake.
There will always be those that are willing to be willfully blind to issues for self-enrichment at the expense of long term successes of the platform and the populace. Of which does not exclude the platform makers.

I don't see any bad thing with this extra markup.

Yes there are people who ended up on the shitty end of the stick, resellers and summer 2020 owners (those who overpaid it extremely), but that's the risk and the beauty with this game. Tomorrow we can see series of new armors that will make angel for example obsolete. Angel owners will cry, everyone else will cheer.

Make sure when you invest into something, that pays itself off over time, so in the end you basically get that certain item for free.

Respectfully mate, you're looking at this from the wrong lense.

You seem to be hyperfixation on the S20 ring...While I agree with a lot of things you're saying about the S20 ring, the honest truth in all of this...The S20 ring itself and the value of it or strongboxes do not matter. Things come into the game all the time that devalue other items, etc...etc....etc... That's part of the game.

The problem about this particular incident is MAs inability to simply say "Whoops our bad ''...Instead, they play it off as though it was intended. This here lies the issue. The fact that they are so willing to just straight lie to us and pretend like this "mistake" was intended is really frustrating. It's insulting the intelligence of every single player in this game. This is where my issue lies with it all. The other thing with this, lets be real... This slip up is small fry stuff, but if they are going to lie to use about things as small as accidentally adding strongboxes to the loot pool, what about more serious matters?

To be very clear, I am very happy about the Summer boxes, who ever fucked that one up, Thanks man, you saved migration a bit. The extra markup is amazing! I am grateful for their mistake. I also don't care about the value of S20 rings as every item in this game fluctuates.

The problem again with this whole situation is that it was completely unintended and instead of admitting fault, they try to pull the wool over our eyes.

i think not as many player as they wanted were hunting those mobs so they added back the boxes last minute to get players to hunt them more.
I much more inclined to believe this was the case than some random woopsie moment. I think it was intentional, this is way more likely.

I much more inclined to believe this was the case than some random woopsie moment. I think it was intentional, this is way more likely.
yep an oh shit there not hunting them. what can wee add like right fing now before we leave this weekend. summer box sure what ever just get something in the loot like now.

some how i think that as said at there offers right before they started droping

To be very clear, I am very happy about the Summer boxes, who ever fucked that one up, Thanks man, you saved migration a bit. The extra markup is amazing! I am grateful for their mistake. I also don't care about the value of S20 rings as every item in this game fluctuates.

The problem again with this whole situation is that it was completely unintended and instead of admitting fault, they try to pull the wool over our eyes.

They can also (still) choose how to deal with such a situation. We have not even had actual proper statements regarding what has happened, or if this is supposed to be the case, or if they are actually planning something else. We only had one sentence confirming that the S20 is, yes, dropping right now from the boxes. They could say that "we will get back to you in one week with an announcement, there will be changes to the boxes" "We got some exciting new items coming" etc. I personally hope we will hear something more than what we have been told (which is nothing, empty statements).

Regarding the items. Are we supposed to have 3 more years of S20 dropping? 10 more years?
"Hey are you looking forward to migration 2024 - You can loot a four year old 2020 Summer ring"". Is everyone supposed to run around with 8% lifesteal? Why then even make Easter 2023 rings? It comes off as lazy. Just give us new items - throw us a bone. Show us that something is happening. Its not hard to fix.
What will it be next time? Lets have all mobs drop tokens and rare tokens all the time, or weapons en masse - who cares?

After 2-3 days, they still could not come up with correct statements about what was going on, so I'm not so sure about that anymore.
Both Ludvig and My are perfectly capable of communicating, but 2-3 days and they cannot communicate anything. Seems like this might
have been unintended.

Regardless - Boxes add MU and could gives us a chance to get new items every summer. So I am all for it. But having old items come back. Come on.

My guess:
Mindark had to promptly recalibrate the loot distribution mechanism due to the inadequacy of returns for hunters to justify their participation in the Migration event, which holds significant prominence in Mindark's annual calendar. Subsequent to indulging in a session of refined wine and beer during the after work gathering, the consumption of alcohol instigated a certain individual to adopt a more audacious approach, prompting them to engage in a series of phone calls. As a result of these circumstances, the summer event was successfully salvaged.

i think not as many player as they wanted were hunting those mobs so they added back the boxes last minute to get players to hunt them more.

Edit: As the above said... I agree.

Don't feel like they really need to justify why they added them back in. I understand there was a statement from MA saying they were removed and never to return. However, adding something back into the loot is better than randomly taking it out.

They are obviously running skeleton staff due to summer and recent layoffs. With a focus on UE5.. I would expect more of this and even less communication for the next few years.

Lets see who is still here when the dust settles...Good luck

Last edited:
Good practice is to still have the original text easily available for people, whilst clarifying that it has been updated and the new version easy to see too.
The official communication in a thread about a change is little more than addressing people who have noticed something anyway, whilst probably hoping most people never noticed at all.
That may also mean some people never realise the boost, and continue to stay away for the whole migration. If the bottom line is peds, then MA should be more open, but it's so often asking too much even then it seems...

I basicly finished the LT and Eomon mission before Boxes were implemented again.
Thank you for your incompetence MA.

Respectfully mate, you're looking at this from the wrong lense.

You seem to be hyperfixation on the S20 ring...While I agree with a lot of things you're saying about the S20 ring, the honest truth in all of this...The S20 ring itself and the value of it or strongboxes do not matter. Things come into the game all the time that devalue other items, etc...etc....etc... That's part of the game.

The problem about this particular incident is MAs inability to simply say "Whoops our bad ''...Instead, they play it off as though it was intended. This here lies the issue. The fact that they are so willing to just straight lie to us and pretend like this "mistake" was intended is really frustrating. It's insulting the intelligence of every single player in this game. This is where my issue lies with it all. The other thing with this, lets be real... This slip up is small fry stuff, but if they are going to lie to use about things as small as accidentally adding strongboxes to the loot pool, what about more serious matters?

If "Check your privilege" sentence didn't wake you up a few months back, when loot system completely went nuts, I don't understand how this did.
When someone asked official to check if looting 2 full armor sets to single person was intended, she said "Check with your mom."
Asking customer support to reset your code, you get reply that you should stop being racist?
Let's not mention support cases who doesn't get red at all, you just get a laugh from the agent and a copy paste answer that makes no sense, and completely unrelated to what you asked or reported.
Let's not mention how many times they promised that communication will improve and they are working on restructuring to make it work.

Still think I am looking at this trough the wrong lens? Let's continue...
This happening right now is very normal, it will always continue to happen because they overpay useless people, that are not capable of copy pasting proper sentence into the item description (many examples where they need to do 5 patches to fix 2 item descriptions, that means the one person who is being paid 80k euros a year is not capable of doing that "very complex thing", why is he still hired?). Management is completely out of touch with real world, and I strongly believe at this point they as a company are not capable of building a game from scratch (Unreal Engine 5 upgrade). The management is afraid to cut the bad employees from the company for reasons only known to them.

Let's talk about the loot system - People who created it and designed it from scratch are geniouses, who no longer works for MA. Nobody who currently works at MA in Software Engineering team does not know how the loot system works, do not understand it, and afraid to touch it.

ps. Considering the shitty financial report, and current share price (that dropped around 50% since release by the way), I predict new super exclusive "deeds" or "shares" by Christmass this year.

You are an old player who knows all this, and how are you surprised by this small thing they just did, considering what they did in past up to this point?

To summarize:

I really want to believe when they announce some optimistic things, but all in all:
What they decide to do with the game - it's their business, their company, their jobs - not mine to worry about. Slowly cashing out and scaling down the gameplay is the right thing to do here, as that's the only way to protest against incompetence - this company does not deserve players like this, who blindly invest their hard earned money.

We should all expect things like this, and be happy about the extra markup, as there is nothing you say here or anywhere else will make any difference, until whole management of the company is replaced.

If "Check your privilege" sentence didn't wake you up a few months back, when loot system completely went nuts, I don't understand how this did.
When someone asked official to check if looting 2 full armor sets to single person was intended, she said "Check with your mom."
Asking customer support to reset your code, you get reply that you should stop being racist?
Let's not mention support cases who doesn't get red at all, you just get a laugh from the agent and a copy paste answer that makes no sense, and completely unrelated to what you asked or reported.
Let's not mention how many times they promised that communication will improve and they are working on restructuring to make it work.

Still think I am looking at this trough the wrong lens? Let's continue...
This happening right now is very normal, it will always continue to happen because they overpay useless people, that are not capable of copy pasting proper sentence into the item description (many examples where they need to do 5 patches to fix 2 item descriptions, that means the one person who is being paid 80k euros a year is not capable of doing that "very complex thing", why is he still hired?). Management is completely out of touch with real world, and I strongly believe at this point they as a company are not capable of building a game from scratch (Unreal Engine 5 upgrade). The management is afraid to cut the bad employees from the company for reasons only known to them.

Let's talk about the loot system - People who created it and designed it from scratch are geniouses, who no longer works for MA. Nobody who currently works at MA in Software Engineering team does not know how the loot system works, do not understand it, and afraid to touch it.

ps. Considering the shitty financial report, and current share price (that dropped around 50% since release by the way), I predict new super exclusive "deeds" or "shares" by Christmass this year.

You are an old player who knows all this, and how are you surprised by this small thing they just did, considering what they did in past up to this point?

To summarize:

I really want to believe when they announce some optimistic things, but all in all:
What they decide to do with the game - it's their business, their company, their jobs - not mine to worry about. Slowly cashing out and scaling down the gameplay is the right thing to do here, as that's the only way to protest against incompetence - this company does not deserve players like this, who blindly invest their hard earned money.

We should all expect things like this, and be happy about the extra markup, as there is nothing you say here or anywhere else will make any difference, until whole management of the company is replaced.

Preety much this.

When its the users that pay for the game that also need to come up with the ideas to keep the game going and the company afloat.. and on top of that any criticism gets you doomswitch enabled..

why bother wasting energy talking to a door? be a fanboy, waste less energy and get better results insta

in my showertoughts i have come up with a roadplan to fix the economy thats was throughly discussed in other threads with pros and cons detailed.

the implementation of the nanos change was half assed and a way to make the players stfu about it.

if they had read through ALL of the threads and discussions and were proactive and not reactive they should have also removed all the other TT components used in crafting and changed the bps to use nanos instead.
they would have also have fixed repair of unL to come from crafting so it pays a bit of markup and consumes loot to boost economy. unL paid in direct ped is just another way of EPing your way to hunt and since 80% of the turnover comes from hunting with unL that could only be a good thing for the game...

when instead of proactive developers that put effort into the game, we have "happy hours", check your privileges answers and all kind of fuckups its no wonder people grow tired of supporting or even keep pitching ideas.

I know I did... but if they want help I still have my notes

PS: Find Marco and offer him a consulting job to help fix the game. Do that yesterday!

were quads in space loot intended today too?

Back