Epic Fail Glitch

golddude

Elite
Society
Irken Invaders
Ary Steve Hunter
I was driving my car and all of a sudden, i get like 50 points taken off from my car!(Idk i have not done anything with it like support case it...)

btw if i got this in the wrong place move it :cool:

yeah I had the same thing happen to me, turned out for me that it was lagged dmg from the herd of hogs I had driven through.

I was on auto drive and not paying attention, drove straight through deathifiers chilled hoggolo la , came back to the computer to see me rip through a big pack of them. Hmm no dmg I thought, did well to get away :) but a min or 2 later when there were no red dots on the radar it all seemed to catch up with me and I took a few big ones which blew the car up.

Swore and cursed for a min then realised it must have been lagged dmg. Not saying yours is the same thing, just worth thinking about.

I've had something similar. I hit some random blue bush near Twin Peaks in my Pitbull, and there was about 30 messages saying 'Your Vehicle has taken 18.0 points of damage'. Talk about spamming! My pitbull took a good 2-3 minutes to repair! A valkyrie would have been screwed, all for hitting a small 4 foot tall tree!?!?

Wierd one happend to me this week.

Did a flight from New Oxford to Nea's Place, most of the way flying high.
Came flying in low at Nea's but not that low to get hit I thought.
No hits nothing, landed and put my VTOL in storage, sold some loot and logged to go to sleep.

Next morning I found my VTOL had taken 100 damage over night in storage.
Now thats what I call lag. :laugh:

Oh yeah taking off from slopes can cause damage, found this out at Silver Ridge.
Found a clear spot, with no trees, yet could only place the VTOL on a slope.
Took off and in flight on high altitude took 18 damage, not seen any dots yet.

Last edited:
this is crazy, why should you get damage when taking off. if you hit the side of a cliff then fair enough but off slopes madnes i would complain to Ma support, When the whole of EU community complained about and issues MAhave to listen .

tap a building or tree at 5 miles an hour and you get damage too. It's really insane. Blasted cars won't last long since just about everything does damage nowadays. No wonder the government gave up the hunks of junk 5 years ago and let them sit as scrap metal in PA, never repairing them...

lol that thing you ran into looks pretty deadly
:laugh:

this is crazy, why should you get damage when taking off. if you hit the side of a cliff then fair enough but off slopes madnes i would complain to Ma support, When the whole of EU community complained about and issues MAhave to listen .

Well when I placed my VTOL on a slope, it was leaning to one side, left to right, not front to back.
I guess it makes sense when you take off like that, one leg gets more stress on it and could take damage.

Still with all the damage only lost 2pec tt value, so it's not all that bad for me. ;)

this is lag related,
it only happends when you drive waay to fast or in your case fall way to fast.
it happend to me one time aswell, pretty neat

The car thumbles, the BOOM!

Well when I placed my VTOL on a slope, it was leaning to one side, left to right, not front to back.
I guess it makes sense when you take off like that, one leg gets more stress on it and could take damage.

Still with all the damage only lost 2pec tt value, so it's not all that bad for me. ;)

Well if you want crazy, I'll show you crazy.

Remember that in one of the release notes when ths damage 'feature' was implemented, I had a case where I was being chased up a slope by a lone wolf in my Valkyrie Mk 1 over at Rocktropia. Now granted I had scraped a few treers, and had taken the car down to about 20% of it's structural integrity, but when this lone wolf attacked me and my car, I decided to sacrific my self instead of losing the car.

So I stopped but didn't realize that I had gotten up a rather steep slope partmway. The moment I got out of the vehicle, Gravity in the game took over and the car went backwards his a small rock and began to tumble end over end.

This wasn't gonna be pretty, I thought to myself.

And sure enough, I watched the car tumble end over end, and as it continued to tumble, I could see the structural integrity bar continue to fall. after one final hit, I say about 100 meters from me a bright explosion as the car hit a tree and detonated.. So I ran down to retired the car, and as I tried to pick it up, I had the wolf kill me.

So yeah I had to recall it to storage, pull it out and repair it to full structural integrity..

The Thing is this: What if I had been in the car when it started it's fateful plunch? I think I would have been ejected upon impact and in the end, would still have been killed by somnething

Oh and for those of you who think hitting a building and taking damage is something .. It reminds me of this funny clip from the movie Top Secret:

yeah so maybe now folks will be careful with their cars... I mean I'm starting to think that maybe the next bit of cose will be such taht the car will be damaged if you run into other cars...

(Shhh! Don't give them ideas, Ben!)

Benjamin "Ben" Coyote a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

I've gotten damage from hitting blades of grass... or at least they looked like blades of grass to me. If the TT value of the car is decreasing, then it was damage from a mob or damage done in PvP zone. If there's just SI decrease, then you hit a rock, tree, bush, cliff, etc... I say, have fun with blowing up your vehicle that way! It hardly costs a thing to repair the, and makes for some interesting youtube vids here on PCF. :D

i can confirm that damage = decay

Ah, the Pinto!

I hate to tell you this but I think that its a bug of CE2. I've played crysis since it was released and seen some very strange things happen. Guns and bodies get stuck and flap around stuck in the floor. Jumping over a chair and landing in slightly the wrong place can kill in an instant.

So hearing that vtols can be destroyed if they land, slide down a hill and hit a small stone / lump isn't that surprising :laugh:

Best thing that MA can do is to move the minimum damage up the scale a little so that we have a region where fall damage to avatars and vehicles doesn't happen.

I have had the same, it's not a glitch afaik...

If you drive into a sharp object, like a cactus or the vegetation shown on your picture, it gets thrown in between them and taking 2.5 dmg each time it hits the edges, so if you drive fast enough you got one powerfist of doom right up the combustor

then the best course of action would be to put a fixed delay between damage points.

i can confirm that damage = decay

Only if your hit by mob's or in pvp.

I had some damage to my VTOL over time due to lag, drunk landings etc and its still full TT.

If you crash into a object and loose TT, I suggest you send a support case.

Regards,
Ion

Back