EU has lost its magic for me

not to forget all that many NRFs in a row if you are a minner(it was not as bad in old VU).
Finding 5-10 minutes NRFs usually leads me to go off
(in this case not only magic, but also fun was taken away)

Well I only have something to add that is related to this quote. After persevering over and over on CND, I am left with nothing but disappointment. Dynamics? There can be many ways to interpret what the dynamics in this game is. If you get good luck in this period, does MA force you to have bad luck? Rank 15 on mining list shows how much I mine despite the fact it doesn't show that I can go through 4x OA-103s and 104s with no HoFs and sometimes no globals when it is 'dry'. I started to think that my perseverance is actually stupidity. When you have been mining as much as me, there are things that you realise. What you get is what MA chooses to give out on that day, no matter what you do. Frequent players are the ones that get screwed over for having to ride through bad times. It seems as though the dynamics of this game can be interpreted in many ways. I have tried doing everything, everything was bad even when I was on calypso. The NRF on calypso was nearly as bad as it was on CND for me. Makes me wonder if dynamics means a forced-bad-luck on players.

Just because I mine on CND doesn't mean I don't have a right to be disappointed right :)? I understand the lowered hitrate aspect of it, but when I go through 40~50x amps and not a single profitable run; It takes gambling to a whole new level. Atleast gambling has more of 'luck' aspect. For all you know, the reason MA doesn't reveal how things work is because they might cause riots due to how ridiculous its coded.

With that, I will uninstall the game since I'm in the right state of mind to properly get rid of the game once and for all. I have just received my Gold Card just in time for it to be a souvenir :laugh:.

Instead of having fun I have to:
Crunch numbers on weapons, armor, mob type, eco..
Hunt much longer then I want to have a reasonable return...
Think and rethink all the time how to free some ped from my storage in order to get some on the card....

And meanwhile the cost to play for an hour being a decendly skilled, but not that active hunter is ridiculous. Cut my playing session in 2 parts of let's say 1,5 hour each, lose 60% of $30,- (not even counting decay because I don't repair anymore except for my amps)= $18,- loss in 3 hours. That's no where reasonable.

There, that's another reason why the magic is gone. Newly introduced magic loses its power very fast by the amount of money involved for an hour of entertainment.

Agreed Kemp!!

Couldn't agree more about the planets.

That could be. But there was something special about trying to kill a mob that always kicked your ass.. and then finally killing it for the 1st time (I remember the feeling of achievement when I solo'd my 1st Neconu) That was years ago, and MY returns were much better then:(

That was one kind of thing that was magic, and most people can't do those kind of things now without losing their ass big time.

My first Atrox Young! (which did not loot even though the "no loot" wasn't even implemented yet)
My first Spider!
My first Atrox Dominant!
My first AOA!

I can all remember them. but don't think I gonna ever kill my 1st Daspletor solo. I know I can do it. Hire a fapper, buy the appropriate (L) armor and be prepared to lose your ass of. That's all there is to accomplish this. Any hunter with 2/3 of my hunting and evading capacities can do it as long as enough ped are thrown in.

History is great

Some of the memories I and others out there have of the good old days, are very found memories, I will never forget the first Feff that myself and Erin took down, took forever but what a rush. While I am not playing very much at all now, I was wondering how the newbies (what few there are) are having the same experiance with EU that a lot of us had many many years ago. If there is anyone reading this that has only played since VU10 it would be good to hear your feelings to.

What I am doing is selling all my stuff then having a nice break, then perhaps come back on and approach EU in a diferent way, no idea what that way will be yet :) but I will take sometime to think about it, when i come back fulltime im hoping to get the thrill back again and perhaps start again as a newbie and see how it goes.

;)

Ahhh the history...

Yeah, I know exactly what you want to say and Im glad that others feel the same way. But it wont change anything... ;/

I play entropia for a very long time, with some pauses in the middle, i never deposited and i think i never will.

Would like to say that game today has amazing gfx, and the game experience has improved alot, with all the variety of places to visit and wildlife.

Things like new planets are useless in the game, you are making places for noobs and places for pro´s, Rocktropia and planet MJ is completly out of the context of entropia.

Vehicles are a very nice improvemente, but allowing them to park anywhere makes game experience terrible.

Ill never go to other planets that have nothing to do with calypso.

Improve planet calypso, make it bigger, then allow everyone to visit asteroids or "normal planets" introduce spaceships to get there. But abort something like MJ planet.

(...) Instead of having fun I have to:
Crunch numbers on weapons, armor, mob type, eco..
Hunt much longer then I want to have a reasonable return...
Think and rethink all the time how to free some ped from my storage in order to get some on the card....
(...)

:wise: Exactly what I've been trying to put in words... Playing EU this days, gives me more white air then work itself... And costs me a hell lot more too (time is also a cost you know?)... :cdevil:

Ahhh the history...

Yeah, I know exactly what you want to say and Im glad that others feel the same way. But it wont change anything... ;/

Actually it does change something.

Player base is bound to reduce in size if this keeps up.

After quite a long time of absence from Calypso, I still miss the game. At least some aspects of the game. But they're just not enough to bring me back into it.

As a new player everything starts out pretty well. Game expenses are very balanced and loot used to be enough to justify a monthly deposit.

After a couple of years the game has become an unbereable (at least for me) amount of time invested into calculating, studying, verifying calculations and unbalanced loots/deposits.

I was in calypso back in 2003 and loved it. Started from scratch in 2008 and loved it. By mid-2009 I felt slightly dissilusioned, by end 2009 I decided to take a break and see what FPC was turning into.

After having deposited money, invested time to skill up, helped out newbies, having desperately awaited VU 10 and bought a new PC to handle it, I receive absolutely no satisfaction from the new Calypso? Plus I come to know the car give away is taking place while I'm at work?

As a great philosopher occasionally says "Screw you guys, I'm going home".

I do occasionaly wander here and about, hoping to read an headline similar to this "Planet Calypso is now better and cheaper, FPC apologizes for having insulted it's customers' intelligence for years"

Until then, I guess I'll have to do with other forms of entertainment.

Actually it does change something.

Player base is bound to reduce in size if this keeps up.

After quite a long time of absence from Calypso, I still miss the game. At least some aspects of the game. But they're just not enough to bring me back into it.

As a new player everything starts out pretty well. Game expenses are very balanced and loot used to be enough to justify a monthly deposit.

After a couple of years the game has become an unbereable (at least for me) amount of time invested into calculating, studying, verifying calculations and unbalanced loots/deposits.

I was in calypso back in 2003 and loved it. Started from scratch in 2008 and loved it. By mid-2009 I felt slightly dissilusioned, by end 2009 I decided to take a break and see what FPC was turning into.

After having deposited money, invested time to skill up, helped out newbies, having desperately awaited VU 10 and bought a new PC to handle it, I receive absolutely no satisfaction from the new Calypso? Plus I come to know the car give away is taking place while I'm at work?

As a great philosopher occasionally says "Screw you guys, I'm going home".

I do occasionaly wander here and about, hoping to read an headline similar to this "Planet Calypso is now better and cheaper, FPC apologizes for having insulted it's customers' intelligence for years"

Until then, I guess I'll have to do with other forms of entertainment.

is there more to be said? no!
the problem is they won't do anything about it.

I was playing on lowest graphics and hunting only (i`m dedicated hunter).
Thing is - I was having fun. Over the time i depo`ed about 50 bucks and with all the cycling
it was enough to slowly profit. Even without the graphics it was interesting.

Recently I upgraded my PC and now i`m playing on max. graphics and it`s
way more interesting now..

May I ever get a Hof, it doesn`t matter - I enjoy every time I log in.

This is what I was talking about, the exploring feels pointless as the land seems to lack the personality it used to have.

and damn expensive, damn a feffoid's on my back,there goes another 5 ped ammo

On second thought, there ARE an awful lot of things I miss in the old PE.

But as long as the skills system stays roughly the same, I will stay, no matter if I see 3D mickey mouses on the streets.

But as long as the skills system stays roughly the same, I will stay, no matter if I see 3D mickey mouses on the streets.

Dont give them any ideas :eyecrazy:

I want to hunt for entertainment, no problem losing abit with that but let's describe how a particular session in my gameplay could evolve:

1. Login and check some auction/storage, see where I can free some ped.
2. Meanwhile chat some and think of what to do.
3. Buy ammo, mostly 200 ped light cells and 100 ped med cells.
4. Burn this ammo in 2 hours with iFF8k (7.3 hit/6.x dmg), HL-15 (maxed of course) and Adj M2722 as a finisher.
5. Getting 20-40% return without a global and maybe 40-70% with a global. In case of much luck I get 2 globals and have 70%-100% return. If the globals are high enough i might even have a little profit.
6. Return to storage and auction, chat a bit more and log off.
7. Online time = about 3 hours
My version:
1. Login and check if I repaired already, if not, repair.
2. Meanwhile chat some.
3. Buy ammo, mostly 500 ped med BLP cells and 200 ped som other.
4. Burn this ammo in 3 hours.
5. Getting 60-140% (very roughly) return with 0-8 globals. Possibly switching target and area if I feel like it, then %'s get confused.
6. Return to storage and auction, chat a bit more and maybe continue or log off.
7. Online time = about 4 hours, or maybe more, if I'm not tired.

Btw threadstarter's issue was not loot.

Last edited:
Btw threadstarter's issue was not loot.

True, but this loot issue is an important part of all this RCE game - you may like it or not. Nice results for you Torschen. I am at Kemp's level :( Still >70% return in the longtime range (4 days left until 5 year aniversary), but unpayable atm. (50 Euro = 3 hours hunt)

My problem atm is that I can't see the silver lining at the horizon. This is a major change against the last few years. In short: The hope has gone. The sweet ambiguity was substituted by deep doubts. The magic even ...

introduction of puny mobs to calypso main has made EU actually bring it's magic back for me. Hopefully they'll learn from this and bring more of this low cost entertainment in to the main parts of the game.

Hopefully all the promises to bring all the old systems back by end of year will be fulfilled.

Last edited:
introduction of puny mobs to calypso main has made EU actually bring it's magic back for me. Hopefully they'll learn from this and bring more of this low cost entertainment in to the main parts of the game.

Hopefully all the promises to bring all the old systems back by end of year will be fulfilled.

It may help new players. But tbh ... I don't want to hunt mobs below Atrox anymore. I tryed it due to the cheap missions - and will do them all until 1k - but it's boring like hell. No magic in killing Merps or even bigass Daikibas with >10k skills in longblade.

Yes, loot was not the issue.

Im ready to pay for my entertainment, but the problem was finding EU entertaining

Heya WQ
Dont give up to the memories :)

Life in EU is just like RL. There only difference in time.
3 months EU life are something like 7 yrs in RL.
Firts 3 months (0-7yrs RL) - newborn avatars are learning to walk and run, they need their mum to help every step (old mentoring ;) )
Next 3 months (7-14) - like first 7 years in school - learning to read and write, first steps in soc life, learning there good and bad in the world ...
next 3 (14-21) - first teenage yrs - avatars want more and more and more ...
next 3 (21-28) - first serious "love" disappointments - bugs here, bugs there, unfair loot distribution..., some ppl makes his famlies and homes...
...3 RL yrs later our avatars become OLD (~70-80 yrs) and start to remember old times more often and more often.

At the same time EU chages too (just like RL). New tech revolutions. New politics. New wars and new arrangements. Cold war is replaced by terorism war. Cinema vs teater. TV vs cinema. DVD vs Video. Kids play computer games not street games. Fast cars, planes ....
So generations been changed.
Now kids cannot imagine what is life w/o computers, just like we cannot feel magic of first radio and TV.
Same in EU - new EU players dont know what been before. New swampcamp and PA are just great. Rocktropia is simply another place. Cars, planes and boats exist and TP chips are anachronism.

This is evolution. EU and RL parralel evolution.

Beginning of VU10 was nightmare. A lot of bugs. Too much. VU 10 was just like premature baby. (SGA been called by me FDA - first dark age)
But now (a lot of EU yrs later :)) all is going to its place. Step by step, one by one, better and better.
I can't deny - last months MA doing well. (TY MA for good job. Keep moving ahead!)

Yes i miss old EU too. Sometimes a lot. (Excluding bugs ofc) But i like evolution of EU.

Most of us are adults. We know real magic does not exist (still or already).
The beauty and magic of sci-fi is in our heads. We make it.
We can adapt ourselfs as fast as progress of EU and make its magic to live. From us - for us.

So dont give up. Magic is here. May be a bit modern and different, but its here.

Now drink one shot more and go to kill some puny's with kiwio - just for fun ;)

Now drink one shot more and go to kill some puny's with kiwio - just for fun ;)

Have Jack Daniel at my side ... but I won't return to noop-times. Maybe we'll get some good mood from Ozi's new planet Arkadia soon :)

Dont worry, I never give up, the addiction is too strong ;)

I play with the things I love, which is my friends.

Have Jack Daniel at my side ... but I won't return to noop-times. Maybe we'll get some good mood from Ozi's new planet Arkadia soon :)

Noobs are blessed like children - all their pleasures ahead :laugh:

Much like the groundhog on a cold February morning, Sledgehammer pokes his head out of his hole...and see's his shadow. Well folks, it looks like we have at least another six weeks of bullsh..I mean winter.

Hi sports fans! Had a bit of a catastrophic failure on my PC a few months back, with no means (read: money) to fix it. Just got everything back up and running, and I see nothing has really changed since I've been gone. The only thing I can see from the forums that MA has introduced is boats to go with the cars. How about mentoring? Any beacons, eh? Any word on those yet? No, didn't expect so. Perhaps taming? Wow, no pets yet? Perhaps they are being smuggled in on the boats? I see we have beer, though, sort of. I'll need a cold one, please. It will help me get through reading the new EULA. At least if I get drunk I won't get lost stumbling over to swamp camp to heal some noobs, so I've got that going for me, which is nice. By the way, since you don't have to risk the second item on UL tiers, do all the people who lost expensive stuff get it back? I didn't seen any of those comments, although I'll admit I didn't read through every thread. I got a headache, and I only had one r/l beer. I'm sure I already know the answer to that one. Looser will just have to depo another 10k USD to get his back, huh? Will be depo-ing again when I get logged back in, so I can't wait to see everyone in PVP :)

Much like the groundhog on a cold February morning, Sledgehammer pokes his head out of his hole...and see's his shadow. Well folks, it looks like we have at least another six weeks of bullsh..I mean winter.

Hi sports fans! Had a bit of a catastrophic failure on my PC a few months back, with no means (read: money) to fix it. Just got everything back up and running, and I see nothing has really changed since I've been gone. The only thing I can see from the forums that MA has introduced is boats to go with the cars. How about mentoring? Any beacons, eh? Any word on those yet? No, didn't expect so. Perhaps taming? Wow, no pets yet? Perhaps they are being smuggled in on the boats? I see we have beer, though, sort of. I'll need a cold one, please. It will help me get through reading the new EULA. At least if I get drunk I won't get lost stumbling over to swamp camp to heal some noobs, so I've got that going for me, which is nice. By the way, since you don't have to risk the second item on UL tiers, do all the people who lost expensive stuff get it back? I didn't seen any of those comments, although I'll admit I didn't read through every thread. I got a headache, and I only had one r/l beer. I'm sure I already know the answer to that one. Looser will just have to depo another 10k USD to get his back, huh? Will be depo-ing again when I get logged back in, so I can't wait to see everyone in PVP :)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/content.php?125-The-Planet-Calypso-State-of-Play-2010

I am not well known as an ass-kisser I guess ... but I enjoy some of the new content. Your post may result from a drunk night. So we can forgive you. Have a look at it when you come back fresh and well-rested.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/content.php?125-The-Planet-Calypso-State-of-Play-2010

I am not well known as an ass-kisser I guess ... but I enjoy some of the new content. Your post may result from a drunk night. So we can forgive you. Have a look at it when you come back fresh and well-rested.

Sorry, not sure what your point is there. I see promises on that thread. I see nothing that has been released.

Promises mean very little to me, especially when they come from MA or FPC. Back during the 10.0 upgrade, McCormick (I think?) made a wonderful graph to decipher MA/FPC promises.

Last edited:
i have the magic stick

I have the disco stick, but Lady Gaga isn't coming anywhere near it because I think she's a dude.

computer addiction

your story is the perfect example of addiction and could be used by a recovery hospital or something. i wish you the best of luck freeing yourself.

Back