Event at Billy's - BIG FAIL!

Karl XII

Guardian
Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Karl XII
So I decided to join an event today (few mins ago) to test it. Bought a brand new sword, as it was a melee PvP event.
Was very excited and had high hopes, but when the clock got to 22.30 (MA time), the event never started. I got the message that it HAD started but there was no pvp. People that wasn't registered could be in the area and the Event organizer wasn't present. Could that have caused this problem?
Oragnizer was rob rjn.
Ticket cost 1 ped (not much I know) but I never got it back. Imagine if the ticket price was higher, like 30 ped...
And yes before you ask, I was at the right place, it was not in zychion :silly2:

Has this happend before? Could anyone tell me what went wrong?

Thanks // Karl XII

Same here ..i stoped any others from joining,,,as more showed..up allas i was already registered..

looked like a scam ..but seemed all ok items placed etc...with all the new rules yar not sure..if the organiser..doesnt show..mmm

these are the specs..

Rob RJ Neal

event time...22.30 23.00...20-1-09

description melee event
chop shop....

2 bad .we been waiting and all prepared..etc was small but funn group..

seemed all ok..

then nothing...

seems a new scam is going..or billies ring bug..

still 1 ped but he could have gooten 100 ped..with ..some small items..

so if any 1 knows this guy..tell him..

karl will amke ma report off al the compeints about this guy here..

i know cant mention names..

but i just cut paste the event description..

as .we cant do it otherwise..so.. ROB RJ Neal..is the description ..i aint sure if its a name..

any way..dam sword will go 2 good use..next event..

tu kindly 4 the addition .sssssssssssss no names;) now every 1 knows..:yay:

dont you have to pay a fee to set up an event? Doesnt sound like much of a scam to me - sounds more like a bug...

Hope you guys are all aware that it cost this guy about 60 PED to make the 30 minute event through the event system?

I can assure you he wasn't making a fake event with 1 PED tickets to make a profit off of you :laugh:

Hope you guys are all aware that it cost this guy about 60 PED to make the 30 minute event through the event system?

I can assure you he wasn't making a fake event with 1 PED tickets to make a profit off of you :laugh:

Was a 30 min event ;)

seems a new scam is going..or billies ring bug..

There is another faulty event at Billy’s from 12-19-2009, still not concluded and still listed in the in-game event manager. Something seems to cause problems there, so I presume it be a bug.

dont you have to pay a fee to set up an event? Doesnt sound like much of a scam to me - sounds more like a bug...

Yes, you have to rent the venue. 40 PED for set-up + 25 PED for each half hour of duration in PVP-/Event-Zones, 50 PED for set-up + 25 PED for each half hour of duration in LAs iIrc. So there was definitely some up-front payment involved. Does not look like a scamming attempt to me tbh.

Additional thought: Is there a way for the event creator to cancel an event (and get some of the money back)?

Last edited:
Reminds me when event manager was 1st released in game. I had the 1st hunting event held at Ft Ithica(event manager was inside the bar). Event started we left the bar and the event area(inside the bar) :scratch2: hmm now what?

So we had to drag atrox and drones past the turrents into the bar and kill them inside to earn event points. I never got my ped back for hosting the event after support case. I did refund all that registered after that I never hosted a public event again.

Reminds me when event manager was 1st released in game. I had the 1st hunting event held at Ft Ithica(event manager was inside the bar). Event started we left the bar and the event area(inside the bar) :scratch2: hmm now what?

So we had to drag atrox and drones past the turrents into the bar and kill them inside to earn event points. I never got my ped back for hosting the event after support case. I did refund all that registered after that I never hosted a public event again.

Kinda made me lol, but yeah, that must have sucked :(

btw, never assumed this would be a ripoff as the creater is a rather known name + it costs to make an event. BUT, it did seem strange that he didn't show up...:scratch2:

There is another faulty event at Billy’s from 12-19-2009, still not concluded and still listed in the in-game event manager. Something seems to cause problems there, so I presume it be a bug.

That's my event, and yes it's bugged.

My event worked fine until we got the message that servers were going down in 3 minutes, about 3 minutes before the end of the event :banghead:

Everyone logged out or was booted, and when we came back the event was no longer going on. The prizes were not awarded, and as you've seen the event got stuck in the event list. My income/expenditure was not affected (meaning I made a loss :)).

I have an ongoing support case about this, which I was hoping would be resolved this week but hasn't.

I haven't heard of any other bugs in Billy's events until now, and there have been at least two more since mine, but having seen this, I guess there's some problem not specific to my event.

I'd suggest that no-one makes events at Billy's until it gets sorted.

beside that, looks like the octagone´s are bugged... cant enter twin peaks ring or billis ring, tehres an invisible wall :mad::mad::mad:

Well seems ma is the winner as usual..

.still if buged or not....looking at the prises up..close...

..mm

well if ya set up an event ya should be there..if it ws buged...hed be more interested and show..up and tell all there should nt he..

Well I've sent support case now and others should too if you've been in the same situation...
Hope this will get resolved asap :)

Back