Event Promotion

mmabigshow

Alpha
MMA Big Show
Greetings all,
I am an MMA Fight Promoter in RL and my investor actually sent me to this game to see what all the fuss was about. I'm actually really loving this. The opportunity, the grit, the challenge!

I'm eager to setup a series of events in the game and am interested in learning the ways I might pull this off.

Questions I have:

#1. Can you bet on things in the game?
#2. Sponsors, what are typical sponsorship arrangements in the game?
#3. How might one profit from promoting an event?
#4. Marketing, what are some marketing ideas that would be effective in the game?
#5. How could one setup a Mixed Martial Arts style event in the game? Is it possible? Would it be interesting to watch?
#6. How could one setup raffles, door prizes and the like?

I'm interested in ALL of the information and ideas you may have so please feel free to ramble.

Thanks!

Questions I have:

#4. Marketing, what are some marketing ideas that would be effective in the game?
#5. How could one setup a Mixed Martial Arts style event in the game? Is it possible? Would it be interesting to watch?

I'm interested in ALL of the information and ideas you may have so please feel free to ramble.

Thanks!

1) Nope, against games rules (check game EULA).
2) That depends on the sponsor (got no answer to that).
3) Dunno, never tried...
4)
5) Ehm... dunno, you can't fight without using weapons (there are powerfists though (a kind of glove that you can fight with)).
6) Against game EULA (I think?)

#6 is not against the EULA... if I am hosting an event in Formicacida LA, I can give a prize to whoever I want for whatever reason I want. Does not even need to be a real event going on.

If you are serious about events and promoting events, you might want to join the Event Organizers Social Group. There are some very experienced event people in there :wise: Just send a PM to Oleg and you should be all set.

Greetings all,
I am an MMA Fight Promoter in RL and my investor actually sent me to this game to see what all the fuss was about. I'm actually really loving this. The opportunity, the grit, the challenge!

I'm eager to setup a series of events in the game and am interested in learning the ways I might pull this off.

Questions I have:

Thanks!

Hi there :)

1. No, very much against the rules!
2. Sponsorship can be broken down into two types that cover most scenarios. Firstly, for an event held on a Land Area, the owner of the LA will usually sponsor the event by providing prizes. Secondly, someone else may provide a prize to promote their business. A common example is when hairdressers offer a free cut or makeover as a prize.
3. That's the hard part. Few events make a real profit. In most cases they are primarily a promotional tool to bring people to a land area.
4. Your options are quite limited here. I use this forum as my main marketing tool. In-game you can advertise on screens in the towns. Another more basic form of promotion is running around the towns and shouting out some details of your event for the people who are there.
5. Melee combat is as close as you can get to this, using powerfists and blades as weapons in a fight.
6. Pure raffles or lotteries are forbidden by the EULA but you can easily give out random or spot prizes to the participants at in-game events.

I just launched a big (I hope) boxing event earlier today. See here for details:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...rse-world-championship-boxing-tournament.html

Good luck, probably your best bet is to keep an eye on the events forum and see what sort of thing is being done.

The current in-game event system can be used to set up short running events. Typically an hour long, everyone pays an entry fee and either the most loot, or the single biggest loot wins. They're getting more popular these days but like Oleg says, generally to be successful the prizes need to be more than the total entry fees so if there's any profit it largely comes from the tax to the land area.

Champions League on CND is the exception to that rule, where the total prizes in individual events are always less than the entry fee. However, that is because it leads into a much bigger tournament, the MMOWC, which has very big prizes.

There's more long running events, generally a month long, which are based on land areas but not using the event system. Land area owners use these to attract regular hunters/miners to their lands. Sometimes they draw a big crowd, sometimes not - there's a lot of competition.

Then there's all sorts of random events, like the boxing one Oleg mentioned. Mostly thats people who enjoy events, creating them for the fun of it, and they almost certainly run at a loss.

Basically I think its pretty tough to profit from organising events at the moment, certainly without striking up a deal with a land area owner. But events in EU are still really in their infancy, its growing more popular all the time. If you have a little read about the World of Firepower event which featured 32 nations and probably over 1000 players this year, you can see there's quite a bit of interest in such things.

#6 is not against the EULA... if I am hosting an event in Formicacida LA, I can give a prize to whoever I want for whatever reason I want. Does not even need to be a real event going on.

Well, raffles and lotteries are strictly speaking very much against the EULA. The only way you can do them is to not have any entry fee - then there's no gambling since there's no stake :D

Back