Votes: 95 33.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mack Ka An

Provider
Society
NBK
Mack Ka An
Read a post and the person had never recommended EU to a friend.
Made me think and I realized I had never done that aswell, and I have been playing this game on and off for a couple of years now.

Have you ever recommended it to a friend?
Thoughts on the issue?

Don't get me wrong, I love the game but it's still strange that I haven't/wouldn't recommend it.

yesyes, had actually couple of my mates playing for a few days, then they got bored of sweating...

its a hard case to convince someone to deposit just from experience from sweating & tp running & dung gathering...

MA introduce the free mining & hunting & crafting tutorial already! :silly2:

drug-dealers have known this marketing fact for ages already:

give the first "hit" free, the dude will come back! :laugh:

I have recomended Eu for many friends and co-workers before but would i do it today?........Im not so sure about that

I've not recommended it, but have talked about it, and on a few occasions roommates have watched me play (sometimes let 'em shoot a mob or something as well ;)).

In EUs current state, I couldn't recommend it. Whilst I like the game and it has a unique concept, VU10 is still far from finished. Perhaps after MA have given the game a lot more polish and the planets have been released. But for now it's kinda like recommending a game in beta testing.

Hehe i told a friend today that i use to play Entropia but have no PC, and told him to give it a try.
He told me that he might do it, but not when i am not ingame.
My PC crashed a few months ago so i havent been active since..
NEED EU! :(

I have recommeded the game in the past. Will do it in the future too.
Of course - i recommend it with a warning. I keep it fair with my friends. The game is hard - one of the hardest i've ever seen :D

In EUs current state, I couldn't recommend it.

But for now it's kinda like recommending a game in beta testing.

I agree totally!
And careful with the beta statement.. you'll get David's underpants all up in a wad :laugh::laugh:

i made 3 frinds playing entropia :yay:

2 left because they was not able to depo enough for there wishes :rolleyes:

and the other got kicked by VU10 :(

But for now it's kinda like recommending a game in beta testing.

And careful with the beta statement.. you'll get David's underpants all up in a wad :laugh::laugh:

According to wikipedia (CryEngine 2 article), EU is now in open pre-beta:
open pre-beta (VU 10.0.6.29273).

:silly2:

And I wouldn't recommend EU to a real life friend... Entropia is my place away from them! :laugh:

(OK I have reccommended to a couple but one of them didnt want to even try, and the other stopped playing when his computer broke down)

Last edited:
yes, many times.. one of my freinds has sold out 2 times and he has made about 5k$ profit, but he is a pokerplayer and it is kinda lame to grind/fight for small profit in EU when he makes alot more playing poker wich also takes alot of time.

most of my freinds quit because they play fps like cs and stuff like that.. when they come home from work they dont wanna work.

I actually started to play PE 5-years ago due to Rl-friends, they are since then gone from PE/EU and the rest of my friends that are into MMO-games already knows about EU and will neverever sat theire foot in here.

So no, i dont tell my friends about EU couse i dont have too.

Sure... many times...some responses:

- Uhh. It looks crap. (VU9)

- No. I play :censored:. Take this trial account.

- Sorry we play :censored:. It takes more then enough time alone.

- It's a beta right? /a game tester

- I can't get alone with those stupid controls /mathematician prof.

- ....So these are the odds to actually earn RL money. No thanks! /later the guy became millionaire from playing slot machines.... no BS.

And there where about 6-7 friends who made an ava... I gave them complete setup then after few weeks they completely forgot to come back.

Made me think and I realized I had never done that aswell, and I have been playing this game on and off for a couple of years now.

Thoughts on the issue?

Don't get me wrong, I love the game but it's still strange that I haven't/wouldn't recommend it.

Yes i have, got my girlfriend to play, and generaly when the topic of gaming comes up i usually mention Entropia.

BTW if you love the game why not recommend it to your friends? Afterall if they loose crap-loads of money ingame, it was their choice, not like you forced them... ;)

I have, but no one stayed.

You have to be stupid like me to play this game :)

BTW if you love the game why not recommend it to your friends? Afterall if they loose crap-loads of money ingame, it was their choice, not like you forced them... ;)

Maybe it's that I don't want them to know how much time I actually have spent in the universe skilling and grinding and depoing and...
;)

Last edited:
Maybe it's that I don't want them to know how much time I actually have spent in the universe skilling and gridning and depoing and...
;)

nothing to be ashamed of.. when you have totally accepted that your a nerd you will look at your not so nerd freinds and feel smarter

I have, but they couldn't run it very well. I wouldn't have done it in the last few months due to it being crap...but one day when things are working well again and some improvements are made I'd not think twice.
I would warn them it's not easy money and the negative side...but my mates are capable of deciding what they like.

I did post a link on a big non-game related forum last week where they like free and cheap stuff (thinking some may like to waste some time in EU) but only got one response and that was from a Entropia player ...a positive response that was.

If I wouldn't recommend it EVER...WTF am I doing here myself I'd have to ask really I think. :laugh:

t

planets shmlanets... I want them to concentrate on this one so we can have a complexe universe both socially and economically developped. I want to see wowing landmarks, bustleing marketplaces, dynamic in world ad and marketing campaigns to help finance mindark and take a load off the players financially. I want to see storylines continue and not fade away into oblivion. I want to have confidence that this game is going to be devellopped at it`s full potential because there is so much of it. I want to see investments protected so that people feel like investing more and don`t feel like fools to have invested in the past. When the platform is better I want to see TV and google ads all over Europe, Asia and USA to promote the universe to adults. Then I will promote it to ALL my friends.
I do tell people but the last friend that I refered was not impressed....and that was after last VU in October. I`m real enthusiastic about this game and I,m trying to rub that enthusuasm off to others...but I need help. ;)

planets shmlanets... I want them to concentrate on this one so we can have a complexe universe both socially and economically developped.

Well, FPC is concentrating on Calypso, planet partners are concentrating on their planets, and MA is concentrating on servers, economy, balancing, etc etc :silly2:

Recommended it to several actually :p some stayed some days other stayed longer some play still.

dunno bout others but I know them well enough to know why they quit :p

one quit because he knew he'd spend way to much cash on it, he plays a game i shall not mention (....) and is happy there, he got an global on his VERY first bomb ever on 200 ped growth molecules ;P and I had to explain to him what exactly happened lol. but ye. one quit since he felt it was to much of a job and the others quit due to steep learning curve and mixed with the others.

EU lacks the generall "help" for newbies, new players that doesen't have better geared and well knowing friends will really struggle, i guess thats why we got mentorships ofc but yes.

when ive recommended it ive mention all the good things and all the bad things up the years of EU, not to mention the insanly steep learning curve.

I can't say wether someone will like it or not when i recommend or tell people about it, that they have to find out themself :p

Yepp, I recommended it to a friend about two years ago. He is still playing and enjoying it.

i don't wanna make fool of myself,
was enough when i told them what i'm playing and all laughed about me

Thoughts on the issue?

Actually I have... Guess what happened? They all quit :(

Hmmm , you should invite your enemies to EU , not friends in my opinnion , specialy the wealthier one's :laugh:

I have invited some people , but as in most ppl's experience , they all left.

yes i have recommended this game to my friend. even to my gf but she wasnt too excited for it :laugh:. but few friends have started playing EU.

Yes I have recommended a number of friends, none of which stuck around for more than a month. Not because they didn't like the game, they just stopped playing. A few others havnt even been able to get accounts, or are still trying to!

Back