Everyone needs to halt from hunting asap

crighton

Mature
ok heres the deal, and sorry if this is the wrong spot, but I wasnt sure where to put it.

Anyway.......

I was out hunting merps near minopilos and started running low on ammo.
I looked in my inventory and saw lots of 1's alone(10-12 of them), and a stack of 5 and 11(not only), I dragged the 11 onto the 5 and the 11 just vanished. I still had 42, 96 and 562 left so I didnt care that much,
but when my main stack emptied(42), it all vanished.
It went from 6 to 0(using breer ma2(L) 4 ammo burn),
so I switched to opalo and it said 2 again, so I fired last 2 thinking it would reload, (becuase I didnt want to loose them by joining them),and then checked my inventory and it all was completely gone.
Thats now over 6.5 ped this run, god knows how many other times this has happened while I wasnt looking.
I did think it strange that I ran out so quick when I was picking up the ammo I was using alot.

This is the second time this has happened to me now, the first time was a stack of 700+ i tried to merge with a lot larger stack(5k i think).
I have put in 2 support cases about it now, 1 has been assigned the other is still submitted.
Now I'm sure its not only me this is happening to, so I suggest take a break from hunting or atleast watch your ammo closely(not the little ammo window, but the actual amount in your inventory) and make sure it isnt just *poofing* away.

And I'm really hoping thats its just the ammo doin it and not those oils and skins we love to harvest so much as well.

Anyway, thought I'd pass it on.

PS. test it for yourself, buy 10 ammo, and split the stack un-evenly, usually the dragged one vanishes.

cheers
crighton

I havent had time to do testing but something is definatly funky about things that stack in inventory

It's a display bug - not an actual missing items bug.

I get the same thing crafting, mining, and hunting - your inventory display doesn't show the correct amount of stackable items, but everytime I place the items in the Trade Terminal - it gives me the proper ped credit.

so I switched to opalo and it said 2 again,

Just on this note, that is the "correct" scenario.

If you have 15 medium cell left and you equip a gun that fires 17 per shot it will say "0" ammo. If you then equip an Opalo it would say 15. If you fired 7 times, leaving 1 ammo left the info would again say "0" ammo.

Just a quick question... why should everyone stop hunting because of this? :laugh:

Just change tabs

This is a inventory display bug, nothing more. All you need to do is change tabs in your inventory and back again and all will be right. I can't wait for the mini-update that will presumably fix it, but it is no more than an annoyance.

:beerchug:

Miles

I haven't noticed the disappearing ammo, yet. But, I did put in a
support case that the looted ammo is forcing itself to the top of the
inventory by moving your items. The looted ammo is also taking over
as the active stack, until it is less than your ammo burn, then it switches
back to your bought ammo (this is why you are ending up with so many
small piles of the same ammo). The work-around that works for me is
as soon as I loot a type of ammo Im using, I drag the bought stack onto
the looted ammo, and then split off all but the ammount looted. I watch
the ammo in inventory and occasionally have to do it a couple times
until it works. Hoping this isn't another attempt by MA to make it
difficult to figure out your exact return. They responded to the support
case that they were working on the issue.

Good Luck

title may be over dramatic i know

I understand what your saying, but trust me, its gone, i have tryed to close and re open inventory.
1st time it happened i relogged and it was still gone. tonight, 6.5+ ped vanished when it went to reload from a different stack.
thats 2 stacks dissapeared 562 and 96.
Like the game didnt know which to use and stacked them and *poof*.

I'm not saying its happening to everyone and you all should stop, I am suggesting that you keep an eye on it, just incase it is happening to you.

cheers
crighton

*edit*
happening not happeneing

Yes .. when you hunt things - the ammo does in fact disappear from your inventory.

I know what you're talking about the stacks not going in the right places - but I've not seen any ammo disappear without it being shot first.

There was actual bug in ammo counter + out of sync problems with some stackables (wrong amounts in my items section) but AFAIK it's now, after patch, only visual bug in inventory.

try and let people know and ...

Ok guys.

Trying to do the right thing here, Letting people know about a possible bug and saving ya some peds.

It's a display bug - not an actual missing items bug.

I get the same thing crafting, mining, and hunting - your inventory display doesn't show the correct amount of stackable items, but everytime I place the items in the Trade Terminal - it gives me the proper ped credit.

Wouldnt it re-apear if i reloged/re-opened inventory?

Just on this note, that is the "correct" scenario.

If you have 15 medium cell left and you equip a gun that fires 17 per shot it will say "0" ammo. If you then equip an Opalo it would say 15. If you fired 7 times, leaving 1 ammo left the info would again say "0" ammo.

Yes i explained this so people would understand.

Yes .. when you hunt things - the ammo does in fact disappear from your inventory.

I know what you're talking about the stacks not going in the right places - but I've not seen any ammo disappear without it being shot first.

Always someone tryin to start something. I dont mind ammo goin down 4 per shot, but not 700 in 1 second.
Take it for what it is. advice/concern for my fellow players.

will Post results from MA, when they do infact resolve it. been 4 days since first dissapearance.

night all.

For me personally it actually hasn't all the time, after one relog I actually had less in the stack than before. It's a bit weird but physically (ie, length of hunting and return) the visual bugs don't appear to be manifesting themself in to an actual disappearance of any items..

I'm hoping Mindark reverse the "fix" to looted ammo being used up first.

And stop fixing things that arent broken.

I personally agree with the OP, and wont be hunting until I can trust the loot window and inventory back how it used to be with VU 9.2 (A nice stable VU that we had for 4 months or so)

In the meantime maybe I'll get a

:tower:

:rofl:

Ok guys.

Not if the stacks you saw in your inventory orginally were due to the display bug. Ie you didn't loose the ammo, you just never had those stacks in the first place.

Just a suggestion :dunno:

Peatie.

I recommend opening and closing inventory a couple times before looking at the contents. Ammo, hides, and other stackables are not properly refreshed. I realize the OP thinks there's something more than that going on, but just a tip to reduce the madness in between. :)

they displayed correctly before the VU, shouldnt be too hard to fix it no? and there ARE many cases of items disappearing, not just a display bug as many here say, my soc mate lost 76 ped becuz of it

Did MA say this was a bug? Maybe it's a feature. Just something else to keep hunters guessing....

Recently I've found after a hunt when I go to tt my stuff, sometimes I find my starting ammo of say 12k displayed in inventory. When I close & open it again it reverts back to the 5-10 that I was expecting. This isn't lost ammo it's the display bug that people have been mentioning. Now if I dragged this 12k onto a smaller looted stack it would add only 5-10 to that stack. Surely this is what has happened to you. How can you be sure that your 700 ammo displayed hasn't already been shot?

I gotta agree with the Eggy fella above, and several others...

Your ammo is not disapearing, I have noticed this display-reset bug many times since the latest VU....

It's not just ammo either, I've seen it happen with all sorts of other items that should have disappeared from Inv, but are still displayed, incorrectly. Hitting I twice usually puts it right...

But the ammo is not Vanishing, it's the ammo you already shot, it just hasn't disappeared from your inv yet when it should have done. Move it to another stack, or hit I twice, and normality is restored...

It's a worrying moment I grant you, but fear not.

Who was it who said, "Don't look for a conspiracy when a F*ck Up is more likely to be the explanation.." ?

Update!

Hi,

Thank you for your report. This is currently a known issue and members of the design team are working on a solution. Please follow the Support News section of the website for further information about this problem. A fix will be implemented as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Entropia Support

Just visual huh?
thank your lucky stars it is visual for you.
2 open cases in progress at the moment.

Will post more when I get more info.

cheers
crighton

Just visual huh?
thank your lucky stars it is visual for you.
2 open cases in progress at the moment.

:laugh: Until you get the peds back from MA - it's just visual - just like a lot of us have said in this thread and many, many others.

Good luck with the support case none the less ;)

Use melee then you don't have to worry about ammo ;)

Use melee then you don't have to worry about ammo ;)

then ull only have to worry about items decaying very sudden like the case with the dante goin *poof* after 17k?

My Two Pecs...

Well,

For me, in crafting, hunting, mining, refining...all have the display bug. I refine a stack of ore, get the refined stuff and still have the raw ore showing in inventory. Of course its not there, I can't refine it again, shut inventory open inventory and its gone.

I've not seen anything just vanish. But the display bug is a bit confusing and can mess up me keeping track of what I have refined, lol, i'm old and forget easy.

DS...:wtg:

ok heres the deal, and sorry if this is the wrong spot, but I wasnt sure where to put it.

Anyway.......

I was out hunting merps near minopilos and started running low on ammo.
I looked in my inventory and saw lots of 1's alone(10-12 of them), and a stack of 5 and 11(not only), I dragged the 11 onto the 5 and the 11 just vanished. I still had 42, 96 and 562 left so I didnt care that much,
but when my main stack emptied(42), it all vanished.
so I switched to opalo and it said 2 again, so I fired last 2 thinking it would reload, (becuase I didnt want to loose them by joining them),and then checked my inventory and it all was completely gone.
Thats now over 6.5 ped this run, god knows how many other times this has happened while I wasnt looking.
I did think it strange that I ran out so quick when I was picking up the ammo I was using alot.

This is the second time this has happened to me now, the first time was a stack of 700+ i tried to merge with a lot larger stack(5k i think).
I have put in 2 support cases about it now, 1 has been assigned the other is still submitted.
Now I'm sure its not only me this is happening to, so I suggest take a break from hunting or atleast watch your ammo closely(not the little ammo window, but the actual amount in your inventory) and make sure it isnt just *poofing* away.

And I'm really hoping thats its just the ammo doin it and not those oils and skins we love to harvest so much as well.

Anyway, thought I'd pass it on.

PS. test it for yourself, buy 10 ammo, and split the stack un-evenly, usually the dragged one vanishes.

cheers
crighton

Log onto www.entropiauniverse.com and check your inventory there if it happens again. I think "in world" means on person, but I may be mistaken.

It's a new feature: when you are under level 100 sometimes your weapon shoots more than the required number of cells :D

Back