Everyone needs to halt from hunting asap

I don't understand why some simply refuse to believe that there is an additional rather serious bug going on here that is not the display bug, and telling those of us who have actually now lost ped that we are simply wrong, it didn't happen, etc etc, is a real insult as far as I'm concerned. I'm not stupid and I know what happened in my case. I have seen and understand the display bugs, which is not what happened with the vanishing, newly purchased ammo.

I know this is repeating myself, but try to visualize this: you have hunted yourself down to basically zero ammo (or some small number the gun can't use under 10). You go to a tt, purchase new ammo. It shows up, and the ped is removed from your card. You go out and shoot a couple of mobs then on the third you get the message that you are out of ammo, when what you just purchased should have lasted through a decent hunt session. The ammo you just bought is still showing in the inventory but on merging with the tiny pile you have just looted, it dissappears, (display bug as by the time you merged the stacks the larger one was already gone, that's why you got the no ammo warning). It is not showing on your items on the mindark site either, because it no longer exists. You didn't use it up and you didn't imagine buying it a few minutes before as the ped is still gone from your card. It doesn't sound too difficult to understand to me, sorry it seems to be hard for others.

Anyway, this is my support response today:

29 May 2008Entropia Support:
Hi,
Thank you for your report. This is currently a known issue and members of the design team are working on a solution. Please follow the Support News section of the website for further information about this problem. A fix will be implemented as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Entropia Support

So far there is nothing in the support news section about either the display bug or the missing ammo or loot (a whole other thread). I know this reads like a copy paste support response, to be expected right now as they are flooded with support cases, but no where in it does it tell me I am wrong, that I did not lose ammo (ped) and that it was just a display bug, so I take the response as agreeing with me that it happened as described (the logs would clearly show what was purchased and what was fired). Fixing the problem so it stops happening must be done of course, but also I will accept nothing less than my ped back along with the 'fix'.

Oh Tamn, don't worry too much, Al is my housemate and was next to me at the time and saw it happen, he just wanted to offer some support I guess for myself and the OP who were being told it didn't happen. I don't think he's hiding in anyone's closet (yet ;)).

29 May 2008Entropia Support:
Hi,
Thank you for your report. This is currently a known issue and members of the design team are working on a solution. Please follow the Support News section of the website for further information about this problem. A fix will be implemented as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Entropia Support

thats good to read. THEY apologize, so theyre admitting their screwup, now if they make up for it and return lost items, i won't sue :cool: :D :wtg::yay:

Thankyou Lee, I had ammo go missing to but thought the trade at twin trade terminal had messed up as i wasn't sure of my ped balance before buying the stack (was only 1k to pass time as flight filled). I bought ammo at twin, tp'd to atlas north went to shoot a snable and....... no ammo.
I bought another 1k at atlas north - but i am 95% sure the trade went through at twin peaks. Thank god i'm not as senile as i thought. :)

Just possibly 10 ped lighter :(

Last edited:
seems to suck big time if items or stackables just randomly disappear. It did not happened to me tho (or I should say I think it did not happened to me), only the "normal" display bug. well hopefully you guys will be refunded tho MA has different policy.

thats good to read. THEY apologize, so theyre admitting their screwup, now if they make up for it and return lost items, i won't sue :cool: :D :wtg::yay:

:laugh:
I guess you haven't read much of MA support replies. they apologize allmost allways, not that it makes much of difference in the end result :silly2:

Just as a side note, I have so far never had a problem with support, they have always responded, sometimes copy/paste but usually not, and always resolved in my favor with the exception of maybe once, so I am more hopeful than most it seems that they will do the right thing here.

Te he Norbert, glad to know it helped. I am still hunting, only now I log everything and if it happens again it will be filed to support as well. Still curious though if they have even replied yet to the OP?

I don't understand why some simply refuse to believe that there is an additional rather serious bug going on here that is not the display bug, and telling those of us who have actually now lost ped that we are simply wrong, it didn't happen, etc etc, is a real insult as far as I'm concerned. I'm not stupid and I know what happened in my case. I have seen and understand the display bugs, which is not what happened with the vanishing, newly purchased ammo.

I know this is repeating myself, but try to visualize this: you have hunted yourself down to basically zero ammo (or some small number the gun can't use under 10). You go to a tt, purchase new ammo. It shows up, and the ped is removed from your card. You go out and shoot a couple of mobs then on the third you get the message that you are out of ammo, when what you just purchased should have lasted through a decent hunt session. The ammo you just bought is still showing in the inventory but on merging with the tiny pile you have just looted, it dissappears, (display bug as by the time you merged the stacks the larger one was already gone, that's why you got the no ammo warning). It is not showing on your items on the mindark site either, because it no longer exists. You didn't use it up and you didn't imagine buying it a few minutes before as the ped is still gone from your card. It doesn't sound too difficult to understand to me, sorry it seems to be hard for others.

That happened to me last night at CP. I bought ammo, ran into the dome, killed two mobs, and then saw that i was almost out of ammo.

I also lost something from a global today. I don't know what, but i know the total loot was less than the total globals during the hunt, so clearly something disppeared.

I may stop hunting for a bit.

After the VU I crafted a bit. With a loss of 16-18k peds. I.e. almost everything I had. I don't want to hear such bug exists. Seriously.

That happened to me last night at CP. I bought ammo, ran into the dome, killed two mobs, and then saw that i was almost out of ammo.

I also lost something from a global today. I don't know what, but i know the total loot was less than the total globals during the hunt, so clearly something disppeared.

I may stop hunting for a bit.

Whats the adage? No smoke without fire? There is no way that so many people can be wrong on this issue IMO. I'm desperate to do a bit of mob blasting but as there has been no fix to the

1. Loot window bug
  2. Display Bug
  3. Missing Loot Bug

there is no way I am going to.

Here are 3 pictures of the display bug in all its glory anyway (only risking sweating at the moment) the missing loot bug is harder to get a screenie of.

I am getting this bug often.
I am not losing anything, but my inventory is showing I have more than I do.
Example, I have two stack of 200 ammo.
Click Merge All.
End up with 2 stacks of ammo, one 200, one 400. Shoot it all, and once the 400 stack goes to zero, the 200 stack will vanish.
IE the 200 stack was a Phantom Stack.

Also, use bombs/probes, and the stack does not go down in size. Example.

Good examples of display bugs by excess and default.

Update on my case, not looking good, I am really disappointed here :(

29 May 2008Entropia Support:Hi,

We have checked your inventory history and looks normal.

Kind regards
ENtropia support

Ok, that tells me diddly squat about where my ammo went, though I also had noted to them that a lot of stuff in my 'items' on the website were showing as location 'unknown', mostly worn stuff.

Strangely, support case seems to be suffering from the vanishing bug too, as the first response on it and my response to that has now vanished as well. There is only my first post in the case now and this answer received tonight. My head hurts.

Sorry to hear others....

Sorry to hear its not just me now, would've rathered it was.

My cases are still "In progress".
trying to narrow it down to an exact time on both occasions.
As for MA support on this case, We have been in constant talks everyday since my second case was opened. So, there isnt any ignorance or blow off from them on my part so far, and I am not an uber player.

A couple of things I would like to note for others with the same problems is.
1. Try to accuratly get the time you noticed/event took place so MA can go directly to this time location in the DB.
2. Record all amounts of items as precisly as possible, I went in there in my first post, (and not being smart, but becuase i wasnt sure of the amounts) said roughly this and about that time and obviously it didnt help any. LOL.

So, try and make accurate diagnoses before opening a case.
And I hope those who have infact been affected like myself will recieve there missing items or a resolution.

crighton.

Well, sad to say I now have my 'resolution', I only bought less than 10 ped of ammo in MA's books, so the stack of ammo I saw appear in my inventory when I bought it, and the amount I saw come off my ped card must have been my imagination I guess :(

I did suggest to them that in searching for the bug or bugs causing all these problems, perhaps that is one to look at more closely, the tt telling them incorrect amounts, but without screenshots there is nothing more I can do now but accept it, though at the moment every ped counts on my budget (which is why it was so easy for me to keep track of what I had and what I spent etc as there wasn't much there to work with in the first place :laugh:).

I will now screenshot all transactions with MA machines, no matter how small. Best of luck to the rest of you losing ammo, loot, or items in inventory.

Revise and Extend

I'd like to revise and extend my remarks, as they say.

In an earlier post I was a "poo-pooer" of this bug, and while I have not experienced it myself, it seems clear to me from all of the additional reports that this is indeed a real problem. While I won't stop hunting, I will take the precaution of getting screenies of all ammo purchases and keep close track of ammo, loot, and the time while hunting.

I think the display bug (which is probably related) is what is causing so much confusion. Everyone seems to be experiencing the display bug, with the phantom stacks, etc., and hidden within are a smaller number of people (but any number is significant) who are victims of this far more serious problem.

The fact that we have yet to get a mini update since 2(?) days after the VU while this issue has persisted indicates a complex problem. Let's hope for a fix soon, and for those that have been victims, I hope you are able to get proper compensation for your losses.

Reader's Digest Version: Sorry, I was wrong. Be careful. I hope you all get your stuff back. :)

:beerchug:

Miles

Last edited:
I'd like to revise and extend my remarks, as they say.

In an earlier post I was a "poo-pooer" of this bug, and while I have not experienced it myself, it seems clear to me from all of the additional reports that this is indeed a real problem. While I won't stop hunting, I will take the precaution of getting screenies of all ammo purchases and keep close track of ammo, loot, and the time while hunting.

I think the display bug (which is probably related) is what is causing so much confusion. Everyone seems to be experiencing the display bug, with the phantom stacks, etc., and hidden within are a smaller number of people (but any number is significant) who are victims of this far more serious problem.

The fact that we have yet to get a mini update since 2(?) days after the VU while this issue has persisted indicates a complex problem. Let's hope for a fix soon, and for those that have been victims, I hope you are able to get proper compensation for your losses.

Reader's Digest Version: Sorry, I was wrong. Be careful. I hope you all get your stuff back. :)

:beerchug:

Miles

I am prepared to believe this.
I can accept that a bug that causes me to see more ammo than I have might also cause ammo to vanish for others.
After all, where did the ammo I saw, but did not have, come from?
Still not experienced it myself though.

They say there is no smoke without fire, and I agree with this. However, sometime people smell smoke when there is none.
Jury still out on this one.

Sometimes the warning is there, but you dont see it until it is too late.... ;)

PS: Make sure you click on the thumbnail

Yes there there are inventory bugs and yes it is display.

Whilst hunting I shot my ammo off, after I have finished or when I open the tt to buy more I open the inventory. First thing I do is merge the cells I have, they are the ammo I use.

After opening invent, whatever way I do this, I see ammo I have already shot still sitting in invent. When I merge them, the stack I know I have expended disappears.

I do not close my loot window I hate it popping up and next thing I know I have another mob on me with loot window in the way. I tuck the loot window down behind the chat box and hunt.

Not all the loot was in inventory after a hunt, it wasn't displaying. I had no idea there was loot not displaying until I logged back in the next day and there was loot there I didn't know I had.

These are 2 problems with invent since VU, however the loot isn't missing its just not displaying yet and your ammo you most likely shot off. When you saw the larger stack in invent you thought it was what ammo you had left, but it disappeared when you merged it. This is because invent display wasn't registering that you had shot off that ammo, so you were still seeing it believing you had that much left, until you merged it.

I hope this explains to you what is happening to your ammo, your using it.

Warmest regards

Rayne

I don't really believe ya until u make a movie about it

As sort of in the same vein, when I refine some enmatter the refined product shows up in my inventory along with the unrefined amount. If I close and reopen the inventory, all is right again.

It's really frustrating that even on this last page we still have people insisting that it's only a display bug. :(

I am restraining myself from a -rep here, but it's hard to do when someone states so definitively that they know what's going on for someone else. The insinuation that the people reporting the missing loots are just so stupid that they can't understand the simple display bug is insulting too.

I wonder how many of the "it's just a display bug" posters actually read this whole thread... or the other one?

It's really frustrating that even on this last page we still have people insisting that it's only a display bug. :(

I am restraining myself from a -rep here, but it's hard to do when someone states so definitively that they know what's going on for someone else. The insinuation that the people reporting the missing loots are just so stupid that they can't understand the simple display bug is insulting too.

I wonder how many of the "it's just a display bug" posters actually read this whole thread... or the other one?

Amen Snuggins. Bad enough having to convince/prove something like this to MA when you didn't think ahead to take screenshots (because you didn't know this was happening until it hit you), but to have so many of your fellow players telling you that you are a dummy too sure doesn't help, as I don't believe any of them were in our bodies looking at our screens at the time to be 100% sure it couldn't have happened.

Anyway, I couldn't help it, but I felt the urge to give someone a hug after I read this last support response late last night:

01 Jun 2008Entropia Support:Hi,

We understand you, but we had a bug whit the system, we will do our best to recover
Thanks for your understand us.

Kind regards
Entropia support

I mean come on, isn't that sweet and human and make you want to go :better: ? (won't admit to wearing slightly sarcasm tinted hat here). Anyway, not sure which bug it was being discussed, the missing stuff one or the missing parts of my support case (which are still lost in space).

Consider that this bug does not occur to all ppl and it seems random (but all are affected by the inventory display bug that is why most tell u that it is a display bug).

I put in a support case about the threads here, and got an answer that the design team are aware and looking into the problems. :) :yay:

I put in a support case about the threads here, and got an answer that the design team are aware and looking into the problems. :) :yay:

which seems to be in line with response Lee got. :rolleyes:
dear MA I'll volunteer to code you bug tracker, so your stuff don't have different opinions on same matter.

anyway, judging by tracker stats there really isn't so much active players, so stopping logging on should force MA to actually do something for playerbase. As they most likely can't afford to loose much players.

It's a display bug - not an actual missing items bug.

I get the same thing crafting, mining, and hunting - your inventory display doesn't show the correct amount of stackable items, but everytime I place the items in the Trade Terminal - it gives me the proper ped credit.

Agreed display bug, its evident in processing hides and whatever other raw materials, you drop item process and raw item remains. Same with hunting loots that I have noticed...move them and they clone themselves but value remains the same only to the move:)

It's a display bug - not an actual missing items bug.

I get the same thing crafting, mining, and hunting - your inventory display doesn't show the correct amount of stackable items, but everytime I place the items in the Trade Terminal - it gives me the proper ped credit.

Agreed display bug, its evident in processing hides and whatever other raw materials, you drop item process and raw item remains. Same with hunting loots that I have noticed...move them and they clone themselves but value remains the same only to the move:)

Ok, I give up. It must be just a display bug and no one is having anything more problematic than that, because so many now who haven't had anything more than the display bug (as far as they know) say so. How can anyone in their right mind disagree? :rolleyes:

Off to do something more productive I think. Good luck again to those like me having such problems with your 'imagination' or intelligence levels who just can't accept this 'reality' about what has happened to your stuff.

So the L item i looted that was in my loot window but wasnt in my inventory was just a bug?
or i imagined it?

thankyou for your contribution :)

Ok, I give up. It must be just a display bug and no one is having anything more problematic than that, because so many now who haven't had anything more than the display bug (as far as they know) say so. How can anyone in their right mind disagree? :rolleyes:

Off to do something more productive I think. Good luck again to those like me having such problems with your 'imagination' or intelligence levels who just can't accept this 'reality' about what has happened to your stuff.

Yep, I was on a hunting run on Argo's where I 'imagined' that I looted this Iron stone stuff. When I got back to Nymphtown the display bug prevented me from seeing *any* ironstone.

I have to say I found this strange that it coincided with the same time as those fraudulent deposits.

But I am just probably a paranoid person.

Back