Question: excesive housekeeping by moderator(s)?

FallenAngel

Stalker
Society
Free!
Fallen Yours Angel
i would like to think that most of us are adults here, and if we can read and write english well enough to communicate here i presume that most of us know exactly where we start new threads and why we chose that particular forum to do so. the titles of various (sub)fora are also clear, the rules seem pretty clear so i dont really understand why threads have to be moved so much, it almost seems as if certain types of topics are hidden away in sub-fora despite not breaking rules.
when this happens to myself it annoys me because i chose to post in a (sub) forum based on its stated purpose, if i wanted to post a thread in a another forum i am perfectly capable of choosing to do so myself.
i do understand the need for moderation, but i would hope that the moderators here also understand the need for moderation when moderating other adults.

I'd like to think most of you are adults too.

But, you really think we need a dozen different threads, all about server disconnects, spread across half a dozen different sections of the forum, instead of collected in 1 thread in the Bug Reports forum?

Nor does every other thread on this forum need to be created in either General Discussion (which is only for threads that do not belong in any of the other available forums or subforums), or the Dev's Corner sub-forum (and there's a whole thread by 711 on what is permitted in there).
(Ok, 'every other thread' is a bit of an exaggeration, but some mornings when I log in here and check New Posts, it does seem that way. :computer:)

Those sections aren't there just so thread starters can get the biggest audience. Just because you don't read every forum section, don't assume that others don't, and if someone is looking for information now or in the future, they'll probably be searching for it in the section where it's supposed to be (and where the mods have moved it to).

And finally, a reminder of the relevant forum rule:
3.3 - Thread Location
Please make an effort to post new threads in the appropriate forum or subforum. Posting threads in the proper section makes the forum easier to browse for all members and visitors, and reduces the workload for our volunteer community staff. If you are unsure where to post a new thread, please take the time to read the forum descriptions in order to familiarize yourself with the focus of the various available forums and subforums. Threads posted in an inappropriate forum may be moved or deleted without notice.

Back