Exchange rate

Neo555

Young
star neo cyber
I deposited ped into the game today and the xchange rate is way too low 50pound in uk money currency i got 394 ped from 50 pound bank deposit
and with a ukash voucher the xchange rate is a little higher from a 5 pound ukash voucher i get 74 peds from it and so with 50 pound ukash deposit i would get like over 700 peds worth.... post your views and try and follow it :scratch2:

go back and check it again, you are out by a half, not just a exchange rate discrepency (should indeed be ~700).

wait.... a bank deposit? you mean a direct bank transfer? how much does your bank charge for that, £15, £20. oh dear, should have put it on CC or ukash. :(

yep most likely your bank took a nice cut out of your deposit

yep most likely your bank took a nice cut out of your deposit

OMG! a $30 cut? thats insanity thers no way it costs that much to change a few numbers around

It was a direct transfer i used visa debit card i entered my 16 digit long number the ccv2 and expiry and it was 50 pound i tried to deposit but when i saw the exchange rate at 4. something with 394 ped i canceld it im not paying that thay have not charged me i never accepted the payment process i clicked cancel but with ukash voucher i get like 14., something xchange with 50 ukash voucher i would get 760 peds so i will go to the atm and withdraw some cash and get a ukash voucher from the shop and deposit peds on to my avatar with a 50 pound ukash atleast i get my moneys worth ...... i dont think its bank charges ma and first planet company have there own banking license:cool: im going to stick with ukash from now on im not using my bank card only for withdraw peds

There must be something seriously wrong with that. You shouldn't lose almost half your deposit from charges just to do a bank transfer.

Yes, international banktransfers are quite costly...

i dont think its bank charges ma and first planet company have there own banking license:cool:

well yeah, but that is not the bank you have your money in, right? ;)

I deposit via debit card and it's usually OK. Sounds like something has gone wrong when you get less dollars for your pounds :scratch2:

And my bank charge me about £1.25 I think

im going to stick with ukash from now on im not using my bank card only for withdraw peds

best to i think. either your visa debit was trying to put in a charge or somthing went wrong.

And my bank charge me about £1.25 I think

:eek: even on a credit card it should be much more than ~5% of the market price on the day. thats 1.52 today, i'd be shocked at anything below 1.4. change bank.

:eek: even on a credit card it should be much more than ~5% of the market price on the day. thats 1.52 today, i'd be shocked at anything below 1.4. change bank.

By £1.25 I think Voom means that its a flat rate of £1.25 not the exhange rate. so transferring say £50 would mean £48.75 gets transfered after charges.

My bank charges me £1 on top so if i transfered £50 to the game i would get charged £51 and if i transfered £10 i'd pay £11

even on a credit card it should be much more than ~5% of the market price on the day. thats 1.52 today, i'd be shocked at anything below 1.4. change bank.
Bank Debit card here usually is close to 6% loss... 3% to MA's bank and 3% loss to bank here.

If you use a prepaid visa debit card - i.e. gift card, make sure to not use a domestic only one... Also, be sure to buy the most expensive one you can because it works out that the pre-pay part of it is about 15% on 25.00 cards, 10% or so on 50.00 cards, and 5 or 6% on 100.00 cards... and that's on top of MA's fee.. so prepaid cards aren't the cheapest way to go, but the might be the safest since it keeps MA's website from having your credit or debit card number... if you do use a prepay card, make sure it's not domestic only, make sure it's not a green dot, make sure it's the most expensive one you can find due to the above interest rate issue, and make sure to use 100% of the card in one lump sum deposit to your pedcard since a lot of those type of cards have crazy high monthly rates if you don't use the money after so many months.

By £1.25 I think Voom means that its a flat rate of £1.25 not the exhange rate. so transferring say £50 would mean £48.75 gets transfered after charges.

My bank charges me £1 on top so if i transfered £50 to the game i would get charged £51 and if i transfered £10 i'd pay £11

Quite right, and when I think about it that £1.25 comes out of my bank account not from the amount of peds I get, so I would still get £50 worth peds, which would be about 700 after MA's 3% commission.

Last instant bank transfer I did using Ideal I paid 16.73 euro transfer fee on a 500 euro depo. 3.2% ish. No MA fees except that they use a transfer rate which is a little below daily average.

Back