FAP efficiency

kebplay

Stalker
Keira Gypsy Croft
After noticing that my non-SIB FAPs give a lot of full heals compared to SIB FAPs I ran a small test to check it out. I used a FAP-50 for a non-SIB FAP and a Vivo T1 as a SIB FAP, and took off my armour and stood in front of argos and FAPed and recorded my heals.

After 400 uses the FAP-50 gave max heal 66% of the time and average heal between min and max 33% of the time.
The Vivo T1 gave average heal between min and max 100% of the time.

To calculate average heal for SIB FAPs
AverageHeal = ( MinHeal + MaxHeal ) / 2

To calculate average heal for non-SIB FAPs
AverageHeal = ( MinHeal + 5 * MaxHeal ) / 6

This really makes some of the non-SIB FAPs very attractive, eg:
Vivo T1 (L) (maxed) - heal/sec=7.3, heal/PEC=5.82
FAP-50 - heal/sec=9.51, heal/PEC=5.94

Has anyone done more extensive testing of this to confirm my results?
The test was only done on 2 types of FAP but I notice that my Ek-2350 and Ek-2600 also give max heal most of the time.

Gypsy

PS: I’m at Level 13.5 Paramedic

Last edited:
uhm average heal on faps depends on skills.
I believe on entropedia there is a formula to calculate avg on UL faps.
Really not very useful info since the first one we already knew and the second one is not true.
Good for wanting to add something, but maybe search ef / entropedia first.

uhm average heal on faps depends on skills.
I believe on entropedia there is a formula to calculate avg on UL faps.
Really not very useful info since the first one we already knew and the second one is not true.
Good for wanting to add something, but maybe search ef / entropedia first.

Yes it's based on skills, thats why I use min and max damage in the calculation. The formulas work if you look at your FAP in game and get the min and max damage.

This is on entropedia:
http://entropiawiki.com/Page.aspx?page=ChartTalk:FAP
But it is not right for UL FAPs, thats why I did this.

Gypsy

I must have missed something here, as I understand the test it shows that a SIB FAP gives dubble skill gain while in learning period?

A simular test with a maxed SIB FAP (no learning period) would be interesting to see.... havent searched so it may be here somewhere

Healing with a non-SIB FAP will give full heal all the time (when skilled enough)?

/Dendron

I must have missed something here, as I understand the test it shows that a SIB FAP gives dubble skill gain while in learning period?

A simular test with a maxed SIB FAP (no learning period) would be interesting to see.... havent searched so it may be here somewhere

Healing with a non-SIB FAP will give full heal all the time (when skilled enough)?

/Dendron

the fap experiment shows you get alot more skill with MAXED sib faps than unlimited faps (fap 50 etc) at least thats my understanding

and the more paramedic you have the more you max heal with a fap emt non sib fap. i noticed i maxed healed on most faps more often at 11 paramedic, now that i am at 16 it is getting even more consistant on most faps.

Hi

I only read the first post (thought it summarized the findings). Saw now that there was more information in ther (Immortals post). Interesting and (for me) supprising.... will need to read more....

/Dendron

/Dendron

To clarify the findings:
A SIB fap in learning period gives more skills/ped spent than non SIB
A SIB fap when learning Period is "not anymore" gives more skills/ped spent than non SIB
A SIB fap when learning Period is "not anymore" gives more skills/ped spent than a SIB fap in learning period

Remind us old Farts, who don't trust any of the new gear.

SIB faps are which? The old Fap Faps, or the new Vivo faps?

Simple minds need simple explanations....

Sib faps are the new round crappy ones and non-sib faps are the real deal.
As the op already said.. if you have a bit of skill, the old style fap simply outfaps the sib faps. Doing 33% of full heal in her case all the time.
Sib faps on the other hand outskill the oldstyle real faps.
But if you don't care about your skills because you have enough already for your real fap (instead of the crappy sib round fap) then you don't really care.

fap that in your pipe and fap it!

Got, thx. It was what I thought.

Not a bad system, since it helps newer players skill faster.. close the gap more quickly.

To calculate average heal for non-SIB FAPs
AverageHeal = ( MinHeal + 5 * MaxHeal ) / 6

Actually, this is the interesting thing in your post, since we all know how (L) FAPs work, with SIB period etc...

I am using a Excel spreadsheet made by Thorr, and he was using another formula (yes the one described here :http://entropiawiki.com/Page.aspx?page=ChartTalk%3aFAP)

Both formulas give about same result but with some differences.
Of course I have no way to prefer one or the other. :(
How did you find it?

:confused:

Sib faps are the new round crappy ones and non-sib faps are the real deal.
As the op already said.. if you have a bit of skill, the old style fap simply outfaps the sib faps. Doing 33% of full heal in her case all the time.
Sib faps on the other hand outskill the oldstyle real faps.
But if you don't care about your skills because you have enough already for your real fap (instead of the crappy sib round fap) then you don't really care.

fap that in your pipe and fap it!

new crappy ones ??
yeah..geting faps of 60-80 with an vivo125 really sucks compared to ek2600 42 heals i guess...

compareing apples and pears doesnt get us anywhere in the world:

lets keep it simple:

fap-5 vs the tt fap.

fap-5 will always fap full heal in 33% of the cases according to the original poster, and 66% will be lesser heal

vivo t-1 will almost never fap full heal and will almost always do a bit less.

that is the point. If you have some fapping skill, simply test it. and find out how similarly decaying faps are in fact miles apart.. the fap-5 owns the vivo (if you have the skill to use it)

sure there are nice uber sib faps.. i could argue the modfap is also very nice, but that would also be comparing apples and pears.

and find out how similarly decaying faps are in fact miles apart.. the fap-5 owns the vivo (if you have the skill to use it)

heodc 20 --> similar decay (with markup ) to fap 50 but faster (heal/sec ) and more health given

vivo 125 similar decay (with markup ) like ek-2600, but 60-80 health given instead of 42

You can't compare a non-sib fap with a sib one.
If you max out the non-sib fap, you heal FULL everytime.
If you max out a sib fap, you heal from 1 to 3, and average 2 all the time.

Sib faps are way more eco than most normal faps, even after a quite high markup. They are not created to heal max heal all the time like the old ones, they work more like weapons.

Tbh, i don't get why you did this test.

To clarify the findings:
A SIB fap in learning period gives more skills/ped spent than non SIB
A SIB fap when learning Period is "not anymore" gives more skills/ped spent than non SIB
A SIB fap when learning Period is "not anymore" gives more skills/ped spent than a SIB fap in learning period

Catch is, that the best FAP for most medium level players, the SK-50, is very hard to get. Especially if you don't like hunting in pvp4.

new crappy ones ??
yeah..geting faps of 60-80 with an vivo125 really sucks compared to ek2600 42 heals i guess...

First, my guess is that the average player has NOT maxed UR-125. I haven't. This means, that for practical hunting, EK-2600 (which you probably max sooner, or at least get max heals most of the time) will give you a better chance of survival.

Second, if to use a "new" or "old" fap depends on the kind of hit you just got in a battle. To make it simple, to spend least time waiting for your fap to reload, you should use a FAP that maches the hit you got from the mob most. For example, if you got a 20 dmg hit and you use (maxed) UR-125, you will have to wait 3 seconds before making a shot instead of 1.5 second, if you would have used the 2350 FAP. (Given, of course, you're expecting a crit hit to come so you want to be at max health.) On the other hand, if you hunting big mobs that hit you with 60-80 hits, then the UR-125 faps are better because you wil be at full health longer time in case a second hit comes immediately (and if UR-125 gives you a 60 heal, you might want to "backfill" it with a smaller fap ...just beware of the dreaded "item busy" message).

Third, a good thing: The new FAPs has placed less preasure on the other faps, like FAP-50, FAP-80 and EK-2600, meaning they have gotten more affordable to buy.

Off-topic...

Come on kids, the thread is not "What is better, SIB or not-SIB FAPS". :laugh:
And yes, you can compare SIB and non-SIB FAPS, both series have same characteristics:
- Min Heal
- Max Heal
- Average Heal
- Heal / Sec
- Heal / PEC
Prove me they can't be compared. ;)

On-topic...

I like the new formulas, please post how you found it?

Thx!:yay:

First, my guess is that the average player has NOT maxed UR-125. I haven't. This means, that for practical hunting, EK-2600 (which you probably max sooner, or at least get max heals most of the time) will give you a better chance of survival.

Second, if to use a "new" or "old" fap depends on the kind of hit you just got in a battle. To make it simple, to spend least time waiting for your fap to reload, you should use a FAP that maches the hit you got from the mob most. For example, if you got a 20 dmg hit and you use (maxed) UR-125, you will have to wait 3 seconds before making a shot instead of 1.5 second, if you would have used the 2350 FAP. (Given, of course, you're expecting a crit hit to come so you want to be at max health.) On the other hand, if you hunting big mobs that hit you with 60-80 hits, then the UR-125 faps are better because you wil be at full health longer time in case a second hit comes immediately (and if UR-125 gives you a 60 heal, you might want to "backfill" it with a smaller fap ...just beware of the dreaded "item busy" message).

Third, a good thing: The new FAPs has placed less preasure on the other faps, like FAP-50, FAP-80 and EK-2600, meaning they have gotten more affordable to buy.

Which makes your whole point to go away.
Fact is the new faps are not crappy. They are all more eco and some even heal more. I can't use the big (L) ones yet, but i always heal with smaller (L)faps after a kill.

Catch is, that the best FAP for most medium level players, the SK-50, is very hard to get. Especially if you don't like hunting in pvp4.

well..people that are able to use the vivo125 in general wont have to heal after getting hit for 20 cause they have some evade/hp

ill only start healing after ive absorbed like 100 damage
believe me,after i maxed vivo125 i was able to hunt bigger mobs far easyer then with maxedek2600

on to vivo175 now ;)

I like the new formulas, please post how you found it?

Well to start I don't care much about skilling, I just wanted to find the best FAP for me based on heal/sec and heal/pec and to calculate that I needed to know the average heal per use.

SIB FAPs are easy as you just get an even spread of heals between min and max so:
AverageHeal = ( MinHeal + MaxHeal ) / 2

From my tests on the FAP-50 it gave full heal 2/3 of the time and an even spread between min and max 1/3 of the time so:
AverageHeal = ( ( ( MaxHeal * 2 ) + ( MinHeal + MaxHeal ) / 2 ) / 3
This can be simplified to:
AverageHeal = ( MinHeal + ( 5 * MaxHeal ) ) / 6

Gypsy

compareing apples and pears doesnt get us anywhere in the world:

lets keep it simple:

fap-5 vs the tt fap.

fap-5 will always fap full heal in 33% of the cases according to the original poster, and 66% will be lesser heal

vivo t-1 will almost never fap full heal and will almost always do a bit less.

that is the point. If you have some fapping skill, simply test it. and find out how similarly decaying faps are in fact miles apart.. the fap-5 owns the vivo (if you have the skill to use it)

sure there are nice uber sib faps.. i could argue the modfap is also very nice, but that would also be comparing apples and pears.

The FAP-5 beats a maxed Vivo-T1 in heal/pec when it is nearly maxed, MinHeal=9.8, level 37 I think.
The FAP-5 beats the Vivo-T1 in heal/sec when MinHeal=4.0, about level 13.
The Vivo-T1 beats the FAP-5 in skill gain always.

Gypsy

From my tests on the FAP-50 it gave full heal 2/3 of the time and an even spread between min and max 1/3 of the time so:

Gypsy

Your formula will only work at your profession level. The method on Entropedia works for all profession levels. Just select the "Skill based" checkbox, enter your level and the average heal, heal/sec and heal/pec is calculated.

what are you all talking about? :scratch2:

So, can someone please list steps by steps what to do after i maxed out Vivo T1? I want to know what FAP to use after Vivo T1 in terms of economy, efficiency and effectiveness besides the fap to be used during a battle and outside battle?:eek:

It depends on which FAP you use....FAP 50 is a good alternative to high markup (L) faps, but it gives less skills....I prefer to use ballfaps for the extra skillgain :)

what are you all talking about? :scratch2:

So, can someone please list steps by steps what to do after i maxed out Vivo T1? I want to know what FAP to use after Vivo T1 in terms of economy, efficiency and effectiveness besides the fap to be used during a battle and outside battle?:eek:

For skills/ped:
Use the highest maxed pokeball you have.
For battle:
Use whatever fap suits your playing style (can range from super-fast eki-2350 to slow and skill-less fap50)
For skills/ped/sec
Use maxed pokeball, or at least 60% maxed higher-pedburn pokeball.

Yeah, Witte is right. (He usually is)

The old faps have a different "heal curve" than the new ones.
You don't need many skills to start getting max heals nearly every time. (And btw, Fap-50 is one of the most tough faps to get all max heals from iirc)

However, the SIB faps have SIB (Duh) and they also have much better eco if you max them or are close.

Once you have the skills for UR-125 or better, only Adj/Imp/Mod fap are better.

Thanks, I am so bad in Mathematical... :ahh:

Your formula will only work at your profession level.

Hmm this is the thing was I was a bit scared of... :( I wish MA has implemented a simple formula for the old FAPs.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your results and +rep ;)

(And btw, Fap-50 is one of the most tough faps to get all max heals from iirc)

fap-5 is even worse, maxed at lvl 37.53...
fap-50 you have maxed "already" at lvl 32 :)

(yes, entropedia has the numbers :) )

Back