First impressions!?

I believe that the game will be much better soon with some patches. MA gave us VU10, because we asked for it. It looks good but of course there are many things to be corrected, like the movement, the items spaces, some textures, freedom of movement (to go everywhere you want and not stuck on a hill), etc.

I agree that these things are essential for the game but lets wait some more time to see what MA will fix.

... and btw i believe your frustration comes basically from feeling n00b again after all these years of playing. The moment you thought you knew the game you have to do things all over again!

Good job MA. Keep developing and correcting and everything will be all right!

GPA

First impressions? - GREAT!:yay:
Exactly how i expected it. (u know that u will see bugs - dont u?)

Bugs :rolleyes: but hey! Its normal by its own mean. I dint see in my life any MMO coming out without bugs. Especially without common "beta" stages.
Closed Beta - to fix most bugs, Opan Beta - bugs AND server stress test... EU doesnt have those stages officially... yet if u notice we have limited amout of players who can be online @ once - so i think... its Closed Beta stage. Meaning of Betas is HELP devs FIX things - so help them!

Whining... is pointless... everybody has another option... and u know what it is - take a blue bill.

Great work MA! Now... keep going!:wtg::wtg::wtg:

Wow.

First impression. Annoying with the esc. to close chat.
Annoying that all preset buttons were gone and storage was in a mess.

Improved gfx to very high. Some nice scenery indeed.

But last but not least.. The HILLS are too steep.
Went to CND and got almost unreachable claims.
One was actually unreachable inside a stone. :mad:

But overall. Happy it is here..
Well done. Back to reprogramming myself to adjust to the new interface.

About as expected...

Sadly i have to say i'm a bit disapointed. Disclaimer though is that i have far from seen everything yet.

Yes stuff looks a lot better but very high settings is not very high quality, far from it, from what i have seen so far it's far from crysis very high settings.

So sadly i'm a bit disapointed so far. I hope it will improve though

vid posted on youtube soon or on my webhost vith high settings no AA.

bah screw the vid for now, my rendering makes it even crappier.

*Update*

ok so now i have played during night aswell.. game went from looking hmm ok was this a gfx upgrade to looking. oh my this actyally looks nice.. maybe due to that you didnt see much details ;)

So my first impression still stands. A lot of textures are still the same old crappy looking ones, some places does look very good but most places are hmm ok.. armor looks the same, ground does look a bit better but not good enough for cryengine 2 (atleast not on very high settings)

To me it feels ma did the usuall ma stuff, hype it by taking a lot of of screenshots at the few very good looking places and leaving the rest of the places bland. There should have been a major gfx update but it feels like 70% of it is missing.

I can understand that there will be glitches, been in a lot of launches but still ma has done a pretty crappy launch. Major install errors for ppl, quite a few nvidia problems etc. Things like this should have been solved BEFORE release.

That you log in underground or fall through the ground sometimes and need a relog can be understandable but the rest not really.

Mindark i thought you learnt from your earlier misstakes??

How is your Q&A personel doing? and what system do they use? to me it seems they kinda dont use any.

Some suggestions aswell.

The chat: Make it not resize the whole time, or atleast make that an option.

Work on the optimizing of the cvars, you need to do that.. a LOT, or atleast let the community do it.

hmm all i can think of at the moment, had more but forgot... oh update the textures.. they need a LOT of work.

and btw.. who the HECK made the jumpanimation? that's almost what annoy me the most.

bleh bleh bleh i need to complain about something again.
can,t u just shut ur mouth for once.

ur mouth is moving but we don't want to hear u.
talk to the hand. as my face ain't listening.

the graffix are cool.
the game now looks awesome.
i play in the highest settings .... the distance i can see is enormous.
finaly it's not really possible to run straight in to trees and such.
the schadow
the night fall (though i dun see a lot as i have no light)
the sun rise
the texture of most thing's
the kewl TP's with all the beam's and such.

if i go into pvp next to east of argus and im in the middle of it........
i can still see the piramide ..... not even that but i can even see the pilar lines in the glas what is on top of the piramide......

without using the scope.

the game looks in one word said .......... uberkewl
or great what ever u want :silly2:

very nice work FPC
keep it up........

First impression. Annoying with the esc. to close chat.

You can close the chat just by clicking anywhere on your screen.

so, enter - type - enter to send - click anywhere on screen

Needs some getting used to, but works OK i guess.

My first impression is positive !!!
Its almost unplayable as it is now, but it look really promising, we ll have to wait some months for the major bugs to be erased, then eu can grow up

Now the bad points:

-Numerous crashes
-Lot of lag, impossible to switch between stuff without 10 second waiting
-Graphical optimisation (impossible to change resolution, AA make too much lag with big configuration)
-Mobs or people that go under ground
-Many sounds missing ( no sound when global, hit, crit, msg received, etc..)
-Black map, Black chat window
-Items in inventory look shilty, horrible
-Smallest Ava is a lot too small (dont even reach the dick of biggest one)
-New controls sux
-Drone sound is ridiculous (its like being attacked by a cat and have Trex running sound)
-cant see some tp, they are invisible to some people, visible to others
- lot more to come

Now get up to work ma !:laugh:

Last edited:
Looks fine on medium setting with my cheapass videocard :)

I have to keep resetting the graphics options
i like footsteps :)
and running up hills
and running downhills
and swimming
and the faplag that was present in previous VUs has been sorted (this makes it easier for me with huge ping in pvp areas)
and the TT on my sword displays correctly
and ambient sounds

ofc there are usual lag issues, but so what? It's an entirely new game to explore. can't wait to find all new mob spawns. Rediscovering LAs takes me back 2 years running around trying to get tps :)

i also like the highly customizable graphics system and how EASY it is to change without need for a relog
i likethe mining claims making noise now (easier to find when you are close to it)
I like the fact trees and rocks are now solid
I like the fact there are hills everywhere (and annoying lol)

and i like the fact i've been playing 12 hrs already and have barely discovered anywhere (maybe 2% amethera) let alone find hunting spawns

i like the fact pvp2 revive is now nymph :laugh:

i like the new animal textures, the new sounds, my lightsaber, plasma rifles (look and sound)

should i keep going? :) (running everywhere takes so long :D )

Stunning, what a brilliant update. :yay:

i like the movement thing. not sure how good its gona be for hunting, but i am into the mining thing atm so love it.

yes there are issues but once they are sorted man this will be one of the best looking online worlds.

MA have come a long way since i logged into the BETA all those years ago. :beerchug:

MA have the best casnio ever. I take my hat off to them, pure genius :clap::evilking: :tongue4:

:topic:

Last edited:
I've never been this excited with this VU or any other games. At first I was frustrated since I couldnt login but i managed to solve that issue. When I first logged in, I just loved it, the graphics were so much better in comparison to the older version. I love the new movements, new lightings and shading and shadows. A few bugs here and there wont bother me since it will be solved soon. after 200peds of ammo hunting i've gotten use to the navigation system since i've been using this first person controls before.
There is so much exploration to do and sometimes i dont get why ppl still sit in cities and craft ;)

I just want to say a big thankyou to MA for not making me disappointed with this VU and this game. Finally, i have the urge to play again! :laugh: Ah man everything is just so wonderfully new, very much like when i started this game ages ago!

OK

I gave in and am looking to buy a new GFX and 4 more GB of RAM.

Question: IS THIS GAME PLAYABLE ON GFX CHEAPER THEN 400$.

I aint cashing out that amount of money.

I.

YES!:D any of XFX NVIDIA GTS or GTX series board cards
MAKE SURE THE CARD HAS GDDR3 MINIMUM!

the GTX are better cause they have the PPU with the GPU on the same card. And the cheapest GTX is less then 200$ with a GTS (wich works beautiful on a dual core) is for 130$ and plays SMOOOOOTH. :D Make sure your power supply can do it, most stock PS dont have the amps on the 12v line to run em

http://www.nvidia.com/content/HelpMeChoose/fx2/HelpMeChoose.asp?lang=en-us

It all comes down to the cards SPEED not amount of RAM

Last edited:
Yeah I'm impressed. Once I got my graphics drivers & whatnot sorted. Looks amazing. Watching the sunset at Corinth earlier was sublime.

First I have to say I have only tested on my Lap top and I'm not at home.
Where I am the internet is 5 times faster than at home, so I did hope that stuff would work better than at home, we will see.

Client loader says I'm OK. So I should be OK, right?

My ava has no texture, neigter has enyone else.
My ava is missing 50% of it's body causet of missing triangels.
Everything is slow. I can't close windows, move windows etc. I haveto click up to 10 times before anything happens.
I crash now and then.
The sky is like being inside a big globe. I understand how it should work, that on that globe it should show a sky, but it isn't.
Browing my Inventory is also slow....

My impressions ... It's easy ...

I think that MA should force the beta testers to "play the game" on a specific server with their monthly pay on their ped card. And at the end of the month ... pay them with what is left on it.

My impressions ... It's easy ...

I think that MA should force the beta testers to "play the game" on a specific server with their monthly pay on their ped card. And at the end of the month ... pay them with what is left on it.

That would be so Sadistic..... I LOVE IT!!!!!

Hate MA first try but the new fix for changing resolutions has help me to regain over 25 frames per second so i m getting to like it, now if they would do something about the blasted steep hills i went to a tp inside a crater and was not able to climb the walls, i stopped trying about half way around the crater's diameter.

I love MA even if is a bit dificult to play, but i could do with a bit of more integence and less flare.

Anyone able to say what is more important out of the following?

Processor speed

Graphics card

memory.

I have AMD64 4200+, 2 core at 2.2Ghz
Nvidia 8600 GT, 128Mb
2Gb ram

It runs shit, best I have managed 17 FPS, after lots of messing about.
Dirtect X is 9c, have updated GFX drivers, etc...

Where is my problem?

Accoding to the system requirements I should be ok for medium settings, but something is clearly not OK.

Well my first impressions of the new system are a definite WOW what great graphics, love the whole feel of it (bugs aside, we are used to that)
What is perturbing me is what will the new system actually achieve?

From reading a lot of posts a lot of people are now stood around admiring the sceenary traversing the land areas marvelling at the new sights and sounds. I have also done that since the uprade, hunting is such a hit and miss afair (probably becuase I am a lousey shot ;) )

I hope this is just an exploratory-temporary thing, and people will get back to the main backbone of the game, hunting mining and crafting. That for me is what this upgrade might do (my opinion), distract players from the core elements.

Suppose it (because of the massive graphics change) becomes a social "ooooh look at the graphics on her/him/that/this" players looking chatting, and generally larking about having fun. I hope not, but maybe upgrading the graphics so much we have lost the "game" feel. What I am trying to say is the previous graphics ( mobs and terrain aside) were good, playable and had the "gamey" feel. Now the superb graphics seems to have lost that feel (for me anyway).
The great graphics to be honest set my mind in a melancholy mood and I want to hug the mobs instead of blow their brains out ;)

This has been a massive undertaking for MA financially, and indeed for many players who will have to fork out hard earned money to allow them to play the game again. Timing could have been better (But I guess MA has a long term business plan and could not forsee the recession).

I am worried about the potential new player base, these are the future of the game, asking someone new to upgrade their machines just to play the game may put them off and direct them towards other games of this ilk

I feel we are at a huge crossroads for MA, I really hope we all take the same path and it achieves what MA and indeed us want, a bustling, bigger game with lots more payers-depositers and fun.

Fingers crossed for the future

Last edited:
Finally found Swamp last night.

Daylight turned to dusk, and wow, the graphics are awesome. Bright swords flashing various colours while hitting the combi's, the new lake, the glow of revive spinning.
Finaly got a good config, where I can hunt reasonably well again.

Am glad my computers upto scratch, and can handle the graphics.
Very high on all but 1, shadows, with 2x aa at 1920*1200.
Just a shame we have to wait for a patch to stop the crashes that occur to often, due to (I think, and hope) Nvidia drivers.

P.S.
Still hate the tiny slopes that stop me dead in my tracks though lol, and the looooootttttttttttttttt.

Your CPU is fine
Your graphicscard needs updating, severly
Another gig or two in ram would help alot (if youre using 32bit OS, even if you buy 2 more gigs, you will only get one more for EU, the other gig goes directly to system)

What i did, with a system of an Intel QC 2.4 Ghz, 4gb ram and GF 9800 GX2, was to upgrade to Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate, and everything runs smooth, with 32 bits, i wasn't getting top dollar for my system.

Anyone able to say what is more important out of the following?

Processor speed

Graphics card

memory.

I have AMD64 4200+, 2 core at 2.2Ghz
Nvidia 8600 GT, 128Mb
2Gb ram

It runs shit, best I have managed 17 FPS, after lots of messing about.
Dirtect X is 9c, have updated GFX drivers, etc...

Where is my problem?

Accoding to the system requirements I should be ok for medium settings, but something is clearly not OK.

Your CPU is fine
Your graphicscard needs updating, severly
Another gig or two in ram would help alot (if youre using 32bit OS, even if you buy 2 more gigs, you will only get one more for EU, the other gig goes directly to system)

What i did, with a system of an Intel QC 2.4 Ghz, 4gb ram and GF 9800 GX2, was to upgrade to Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate, and everything runs smooth, with 32 bits, i wasn't getting top dollar for my system.

What might one suggest?

I find Nvidia's card numbering system confusing, to say the least!

would "BFG 9500GT 1GB DDR2 PCI-E Graphics Card" be good, or is the fact that it's a 500 rather than a 600 be a downdgrade?
Plus the one I have is GDDR3, and the above is DDR2, so that makes it slower right?

Confused..... :scratch2:

From my point of view, you should go with a card no worse than the
NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GTX+,
the better card you buy, the longer it will last you.

If you want top performance and can afford it, go with the
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260
or
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 280

Hope this helps

What might one suggest?

I find Nvidia's card numbering system confusing, to say the least!

would "BFG 9500GT 1GB DDR2 PCI-E Graphics Card" be good, or is the fact that it's a 500 rather than a 600 be a downdgrade?
Plus the one I have is GDDR3, and the above is DDR2, so that makes it slower right?

Confused..... :scratch2:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/XFX-8800-50...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1250953963&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zotac-9800G...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1250953981&sr=1-11

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inno3D-NVID...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1250954011&sr=1-13

Three great cards, at the lowest (but quality) prices that I could find. They would all run EU nicely, but the 260 would run the best by far, followed by the 9800 and then the 8800, but they would all run it. The 260 would need a PSU of at least 500W and a compatible motherboard, so check those first.

Back