Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
The next Festival of FirePower,

..........FoF V..........
SPIDAPOCALYPSE

...is to be held on Saturday July 15th starting at Fort Troy at 7pm MA IN-GAME TIME.

Free Entry for Noobs to Oobs

As the last one proved the best yet, the formula will be much the same.
It will be a multi-team hunting tournament lasting 6 hours. The aim is to global on 6 different listed Mobs for points. The mobs are scored differently according to the threat they pose. The "End Mob" is Araneatrox, in homage to the very first FoF which saw virgin FoFFers down 8 spiders in style.

We want more Socs to field teams this time. Get a name for yourselves!

To Enter: Bring yourselves and/or your Soc to Troy for 7pm.

Teams should be at least 8 in number. (smaller teams of more able players will be fine, but for the majority of competitors, a team of 8 should be able to cope with the mobs)

Teams will be filled/formed on the day. Ask the team leaders. Solo entrants will be able to join incomplete teams.

Weaponry: The biggest weapons you have. Bravo's recommended (it's traditional lol), but anything goes. Just be ready to use them furiously. All night!.

NO-ONE WILL BE TURNED AWAY.

ALL TEAMS TO BE NAMED: "FoF (your name)" This is so Globals can be monitored for scoring.

The Mobs:

Armax
Foul
Molisk
Gokibusagi
Formicacida
Araneatrox

The Scoring: :wise: Slightly different to last time. The points are allocated as follows:

Armax/Foul/Molisk Global = 1 point.

Gokibusagi/Formicacida Global = 2 points.

Araneatrox Global= 4 points.

Any HoF/ATH on Any Mob= 4 points.

All teams will meet at Troy for the start, then they are free to hunt the listed Mobs in any order, in any location. All mobs on the list can be found in the greater Troy area but different locations are allowed.

The Finale:
At 12:00 am MIDNIGHT MA IN-GAME TIME all teams will RE-GROUP at Troy TP for a massed assault on the main Spider herd , due west across the rivers. Spectators are welcome, even more so if they fill slots on teams and take more spiders out!

The hunt will end at 1am if there is a winner, or will go on until a winner is established.

Noob Jobs: Last FoF saw a lone orange helper get rewarded left right and centre for his actions.... and even contribute greatly to the SEG slaying.(Well done again Knakker!) If you can fap, come along for the ride, fap every hunter you meet and watch your inventory grow. Blockers for the spiders at the end will also be welcome.

The Titles: Current FoF Champions are GloryHounds and Friends... yes, that's right, us... the organisers. We welcome any team to come and take it from us!. Lack of competition (good teams, but only two of them) made it easier for us, but it was still touch and go for the tie-break global at the end. (Never been so happy to see the fireworks lol)

No-one won the FoF Heroes Title... this is for any team that globals on ALL 6 LISTED MOBS during the hunt. If anyone ever wins this, the prize will be decided by the generosity of others. A collection will be made amongst the other teams and presented to the winners. Any old thing will do, it all adds up. Any donations for the Noob helpers/Heroes prize will be shared amongst the Noob helpers if no-one manages to win it.

Have the time of your life taking out the biggest mobs in-game.

TONIGHT!!!!!!!!! GET READY!!!!

Last edited:
I haven't posted this on our forums yet, But I'm sure we will make a team. :)

Had fun on the last one! We're gonna take the title this time.

Runt

Cool, this sounds good.

But with regard to the Formicacidas, are you sure it's Goki's you mean, or Tripudions, 'cos thats all I saw when I went down there.

I would make a suggestion that if any 'uber-esque' players do take part then it would be wise to split them up so that we don't have one team totally owning everything.

hmm this will be a very exciting one because there is about 50+ araneatrox's all around and next to each other so one wrong shot then you'll have a few of em to fight

I might join this one :D

I'm a noob with no society, but I would love to join in and help in some way or another, I will have a think about what I might be best at :)

Jurai Blood will be there.

AkiranBlade said:
Cool, this sounds good.

But with regard to the Formicacidas, are you sure it's Goki's you mean, or Tripudions, 'cos thats all I saw when I went down there.

South of the Spiders, below the chasm area by the west outpost, past the Robots and Foul, are a good few Formicacida. The rules do allow a trip to the new Formicacida LA if teams can't find enough..... but personally 1 or 2 of these little freaks is enough for me!

:D Count me in!

Only this time once I arrive, I'll STAY around, rather than go off to do something else until the FoF starts... and end up missing it again. :rolleyes:

AkiranBlade said:
I would make a suggestion that if any 'uber-esque' players do take part then it would be wise to split them up so that we don't have one team totally owning everything.

Lol if one team wants to try and own everything they are more than welcome. We ain't giving up the title easily. :laugh:

By the way, if anyone needed covincing: The rush of the FoF is fast becoming one of the must-do things in EU. To crest a hill with a full team firing 100+ damage plasma rifles at a mob that kills everyone it touches... then seeing it actually fall.... it really is a blast in every way.

The last one brought the element of competition which gave a whole new thrill, to see the opponents racking up their globals as you frantically try to better them..... all for free (apart from $5-$10 on ammo); the FoF is the best value entertainment going.

Some stats u may not have realised:

Amped Bravo x 12 = around 1250 damage, 13 times a minute.(max)

(or 100-110 damage, 157 times a minute (max) if you look at it another way)

That's some weapon. (total cost less than ModMerc/just about any "Uber" gun too!!!!)

Last edited:
Hardicus said:
I'm a noob with no society, but I would love to join in and help in some way or another, I will have a think about what I might be best at :)

Bait. :) :)

Shrike said:

Yeah that's about all i'd be good for :p Although I do have a month to skill up beforehand, maybe have some more useful skills by then.

Hardicus said:
Yeah that's about all i'd be good for :p Although I do have a month to skill up beforehand, maybe have some more useful skills by then.

Skills are not the issue here ... having fun is :)

All you need is a bravo (about TT+120 if you look around) and the ammo. I was on the first outing - this event is not to be missed.

Hurrikane, good man! I'd love to come along, but the 15th is the first day of my summer holiday (to Iceland). Sorry I'm not going to make it man. Good luck with it.

Count Terra Verde in mate ;)

In addition to FoF IV and upcoming FoF's, loads of thnx to
Hurrikane
Rooster
DoctorH
J Boy
Kitty
Paul
and of course Hunters Extreme

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

for the fun and gifts.

Knakker

Knakker said:
In addition to FoF IV and upcoming FoF's, loads of thnx to
Hurrikane
Rooster
DoctorH
J Boy
Kitty
Paul
and of course Hunters Extreme

for the fun and gifts.

Knakker

You're very welcome Knakker, thanks for the help. :)

.....aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnndddddddBUMP. :D

Count me in ;) (hopefully). I have no idea when im going on holiday but knowing my luck this event will be bang in the middle of it, lol)
But otherwise count me in.

Bada-bing, bada-bump.

<--- runs off to repair his fap-5 and clean his orange pants (i think i messed then at the oil rig!).

*soundboy makes note in diary on July 15th*

I would like to come along and join a team if possible. If there's no space for a nOOb with only 1.5k rifle then I'll certainly FAP to help out :cool:

soundboy

soundboy said:
*soundboy makes note in diary on July 15th*

I would like to come along and join a team if possible. If there's no space for a nOOb with only 1.5k rifle then I'll certainly FAP to help out :cool:

soundboy

LOL I've only got 1.5k rifle meself... and our team won the last one :laugh:

Come along and shoot things lots!

<edit> ...just noticed it's now 1.7k...but it was 1.5 last FoF:)

yo hurrikane

..heyum about the bait and fapers...well i wont be here on the 15th so ill be there for the next one...........um wat do i do...do i have to enter a team and be the bait/fapper(i got a fap 50 but no hunting gear), or do i need to just run like a chicken and fap and stand in the way of stuff???....will i get some money or watever if i do just run and help??....

um is there like a compition for the bait or fappers around??......

u said fap and watch ur credit rise....how will i??..do the hunters pay me for fapping them or being bait??....or do i get some money at the end and how am i sure i will get it??...plz answer this for me as i have no clue how to collect my reward.

Hurrikane said:

Come along and shoot things lots!

<edit> ...just noticed it's now 1.7k...but it was 1.5 last FoF:)

Then that's me in firing on all cylinders :laugh: I've always found blasting round after round of ammo at mobs I can't take alone excellent fun. Six hours solid shooting, that'll burn some!!

I hope I don't sound too thick but what is a Bravo 12? I want to shoot a gun with damage like that even if I miss often because of my skills. Not all the time though, just at events like this where fun is more important than economy.

Thanks.
soundboy

Hurrikane said:

Pfft. Rifle skill...

It is a well-known fact that you only won because Knakker kept tripping up the SEGs by bashing them on the toe with his FAP.

:D

lulu said:
..heyum about the bait and fapers...well i wont be here on the 15th so ill be there for the next one...........um wat do i do...do i have to enter a team and be the bait/fapper(i got a fap 50 but no hunting gear), or do i need to just run like a chicken and fap and stand in the way of stuff???....will i get some money or watever if i do just run and help??....

um is there like a compition for the bait or fappers around??......

u said fap and watch ur credit rise....how will i??..do the hunters pay me for fapping them or being bait??....or do i get some money at the end and how am i sure i will get it??...plz answer this for me as i have no clue how to collect my reward.

You probably won't be on a team unless you make your own team of Master Baiters or some such.

So. Will you come away from your mad fapping and mob baiting a rich player? No, but you'll almost certainly come away with something donated by whatever teams you happen to follow around and lend a hand to.

And you never know - a week later someone might come up to you out of the blue and lay something nice on you. Stranger things have happened.

But really, the truth is we all just like seeing n00bs in orange jumpsuits getting ripped apart by giant beasts. That sort of entertainment has got to be worth something :D

Count me in also, ill be there with my Ghost (M) armor and a poor but reliable Opalo +A104 and 4 2x0 axes

Ohh, and about 50k ammo, ill be the walking ammo TT if anyone wants any

Fappers and Bait get paid by the teams as we go, according to how useful they are. Most go away happy:)

Oh, and Shrike... Knakker helped you guys too! To be fair, your team was Soc only and we had outside members, so your second place was well earned:)

soundboy said:
Then that's me in firing on all cylinders :laugh: I've always found blasting round after round of ammo at mobs I can't take alone excellent fun. Six hours solid shooting, that'll burn some!!

I hope I don't sound too thick but what is a Bravo 12? I want to shoot a gun with damage like that even if I miss often because of my skills. Not all the time though, just at events like this where fun is more important than economy.

Thanks.
soundboy

Bravo 12? There is only Bravo... or Marber Bravo-type Plasma Annihilator.... the cheapest way in-game to 100 damage (amped) and the best way to kill stuff from a distance! (12 of them is what you get in a full team, which is enough firepower to ace a spider old alpha)

and while you lot have it's attention, I'll pistol whip it from behind using the trusty maddelaine IV :laugh:

Back