Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dante aka Ghost

Provider
Society
Vice President Of ENN
Dante Ghost Mitchel
ok is there like a trick to finding this stuff or certain places its at or spawns. like i no oil spawns at the oil rig . so im wondering if the same is true for this stuff. i tried the walking thing and didn't find anything.

so can anyone provide some info on this. it would be really appreciated.

im looking for locations where stuff consistently spawns. and time it takes to respawn and stuff like that

You have to walk for a long time to find anything, try TI :)

any specific areas or just go in a straight line till you find it?

Seems to me that its basically random spawns. You need to be moving slowly to find anything usually. I find fruit almost every day. Rocks and dung much less.

They say TI is good for fruit, never found anything there myself (not that I've been looking too much :silly2: ) or, I found some papplon, but it was the last second before I tp'ed back to town, so couldn't stop it :laugh:

Try west for Zychion if you need dung ;) can't go for ten minutes without finding some. Go from the turret and out, and keep inside the grass field there:) not on the mountain, not down in the valley. The dung can sometimes be hard to spot there, because of the grass is high there. Found some stones there as well :)

Stones..? where to find them? :scratch2:

The spawns are fixed once a spawn position has been determined. If you see some fruit etc, don't pick it up, then come back at a later time it will still be there. TI found a lot. max 444 fruits found on CND :eek: minimum 13? :scratch2:. I'm sure there's a meaning to them and the numbers they drop but haven't figured that out yet. Stones you find the same way but they 'just appear'. No flies like dung or butteflies for fruits.

Stones you find the same way but they 'just appear'. No flies like dung or butteflies for fruits.

As I said:
xInFernaLx said:
Found some stones there as well:)

But, is there any known places that is good for finding stones? :silly2:

The spawns are fixed once a spawn position has been determined. If you see some fruit etc, don't pick it up, then come back at a later time it will still be there.

Yes, if u aren't fast enough to pick it up, just wait at the same spot until it pops up again. Have happened to me several times.

rocks? stones?

what does this look like? can someone post a pic?

ive found fruit and dung but rocks? i wasnt aware you can find them as well. what are rocks used for?

thanks

eagle

The rocks u can find(nissit for example) are used to craft textures. Don´t know if there is another use... Anyway with the markup they give a nice bonus if sold.

I find fruits very regular.
A little less often the dung, but in bigger amounts most time. Damn that slows you down.
Stones, are real hard to find. Maybe I missed some popping up close to me as there are no fly around ;)

Most times I find that stuff, while fighting a mob. Walking backwards and firing the weapon :)

Some stones, Hansidian for example, you get with your claim. Normally get the msg that you have found something unusual.

Some stones, Hansidian for example, you get with your claim. Normally get the msg that you have found something unusual.

Ohh :) I didn't know that.. hehe :silly2:

Most times I find that stuff, while fighting a mob. Walking backwards and firing the weapon :)

That's how I usually find fruit :)

fruits and dung i find alot , every day once or more ... but rocks i dont find very often .. guess it is beacause there are no butterflyes or stinky flyes when u spot them

only time ive ever found rocks was in desert areas and only time ive found dung wasn in grass or snow and only time ive found food was in grass areas. does this seem to be the same for everyone else?

i never found rocks how do tou tell the difference between pick upable rocks and not pick upable ones?

only time ive ever found rocks was in desert areas and only time ive found dung wasn in grass or snow and only time ive found food was in grass areas. does this seem to be the same for everyone else?

No, I can´t experience this.

Have found fruits in all areas. At graslands, desert, ice, rocky, mountain.
Same as dung.

Imho it is completely random where and what pops up!

i never found rocks how do tou tell the difference between pick upable rocks and not pick upable ones?

You can see the regular rocks you can´t pick up from distance.
The pickupable rocks pop up very close to you and vanish if you walk of a few steps. It apear again if you walk back.

The problem with this rocks: there are no fly or butterfly around to notice it easyly even if it pops up behind you.
A lot of areas are covered with rocks that you can´t pick up, if some other rocks pop up there its very hard to notice that! I am sure I have overseen a lot of this popups already :)

got to moving slowly huh? hmmm, i've never tried that, might have a go :)

Very important is what you do because for example you skill with some low level melee weapons there are much more stoping and looking to the ground but for example you are hunting big trox with very high dmg/sec wep and have fast kill speed you probably don`t pay much attention to the ground.

Found fruit once right outside the north entrance to Port Atlantis. Found stones once at the housing area just north of Fort Argus. If you go to the northernmost turret and walk just over the little hillock where there are lots of snable and exo, that's where I found the stones. I've walked both places again dozens and dozens of times, but never found anything again.

I've never found dung, except for in the kitty litter box. :laugh:

minimum 13? :scratch2:.
i once found 10 of something, don't remember what exactly - probably bombardo. it happened in exa area just SW of Twin Peaks.

i've also found 12 papplon and 12 brukite on the Combibo Island, right near Port Atlantis; on the other hand, all the big finds were pretty far away from cities or in dangerous places. had to kill a foul scout to pick up 209 papplon. :)

this leads me to guess these resources might be growing in size until someone finds them.

As long as you are not running you can "discover" fruit or dung or stones at any time, but I find they usually appear when I am battling with a mob and my health has decreased to almost nothing. If I pcik the fruit then I get killed by the mob, if I fap and kill then the fruit has disappeared (or been taken by someone else) by the time I can look for it again.

Yes, if u aren't fast enough to pick it up, just wait at the same spot until it pops up again. Have happened to me several times.

Rocks, dung and fruit pop up in a 4m radius, they disapear a little further (not much though!). But after they disapeared they pop up again if you are back in the 4m radius zone of it. It's not easy to find it, but you can try it while chatting and mining. Press the walk button and then press enter (like to chat), you ava will autowalk then, much easier ;) Then you can mine while walking in stead of running. Bit more boring, but nice to try ;)

Cheers!

areas tend to spawn the same thing not always in the same place at least that is what i have observed. just find a stone, fruit, etc and check the general area in the near future, few hours or days etc

Yes, food rocks!
And dung ...?

;)

find some long walking space...

autowalk is the way to do it... and just go one direction... usually a 15 minute walk will result in at least one find... but I don't walk much unless super bored with sweating since sweating gets faster results in those 15 minutes... Also, look for non-aggressive paths to walk... autowalking in one direction 15 minutes should do it, but that's hard to do if mobs are agro on you every 3 steps. In Amethera, staying outside of the LAs is the key - inside LA is where most mobs spawn... if you stay between the LA borders, you can usually walk a while with no mobs attacking much. keep map screen opened and zoomed in and pay attention to direction you are walking. Also zoom out in third person perspective as far as possible and switch from front to back view a lot with middle mouse button.

I find that if I run for a while, and I mean a long while and stop and try to kill something, BOOM, some fruit pops up. As far as Rocks go though, I am having a hard time finding any. Dung, well everything poops, so dung is a hit or miss thing. But I have noticed that it only shows up where the MOBs are.

Has anyone found dung where there were NO mobs around at all?

Has anyone found dung where there were NO mobs around at all?

I have found quite a bit of dung north of TI across the water, and there have never been any mobs there.

The best thing to do I find is "walk the grid" between four points, somewhere that can be reached fairly easily and that has 4 points of reference such as a turret, tree or walls.

What you do is walk from east to west and when you reach your stop point move along a bit and start walking back from west to east, rinse and repeat.

If you have the distances correct you will maximise your success if there is anything there.

Best I have found upto now is around 150 nissit but I also find quite good quantities of fruit and brukite too.

Never found any gems though I am assured it is possible :eek:

Back