For people who take part in fashion events !!

Do you think its fine for friends and family to vote for each other in events such as Mr / Miss Caly

• No

Votes: 42 67.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 32.3%

• Total voters
Well, if a common outfit would look good then why not. Also, if someone has let's say yellow hair than the classic outfit might be a very good choice, but if someone has black hair, it might look aweful (with the OJ). Though it wouldn't hurt if external judges would spend some time, let's say at least a few days-hours ingame to see how clothes generally look on the general population.
Yep, but I'm taking account of the fact that "originality" would usually be amongst the judging criteria. This needn't mean using rare (and thus expensive) materials, but putting them together in an unusual way, like the guy in Pixie did. As you said, someone might look great in a classic outfit, but that is the problem here. People who would have looked equally great in the same outfit would likely go for something else in the expectation of losing points if they didn't wear something more original. They would then feel justifiably aggrieved when the classic outfit won (Hell, they even felt aggrieved about the Pixie man winning, evidently) Take "originality" out of the judging criteria, and no problem, except, perhaps, for having loads of contestants in the same outfit. Leave it in and you have to ask: how the heck would an outsider assess an outfit for originality?

jay :)

Such a shame that what was intended as a bit of fun and something for the Arkadian community gets tarnished in this way. I have read comments that judges should be named before an event? why? People are becoming more and more reluctant to participate in a judging capacity on these events for this precise reason, that no matter what the outcome someone will always feel they have been hard done by, cheated or scammed and the mudslinging will start, names get bandied about and peoples good names slurred.

I agree, it's a great shame that these events get tarnished in this way

However, as somebody pointed out, it's normal for judges of a competition to be named, and if that isn't done, then it looks fishy, and the ugly rumours only gain credibility. You also lay yourself open to speculation that the panel of judges is fictitious. I mean, basically that set-up demands that we trust the organisers rather more than anybody really ought to be trusted.

If people are reluctant to be judges if their names are gonna be revealed..well, that's's a heckova problem and the organisers have my sympathy. But this really wasn't a solution, as is obvious.

Personally, when i first looked at the competition , I did think it looked a bit fishy, given the lack of info. But then i shruigged that off , thinking it was probably just that it was too hastily organised (that really does appear to be the case) Besides, there were no really big prizes at stake, anyways, so it was easy to take it in the spririt of fun, and overlook the shortcomings.

However, I was a little bit shocked when the judges never got named at all, not even retrospectively. I kinda thought that the oversight was due to difficulty getting a definite line-up of judges, and would therefore be corrected ASAP

jay

Leave it in and you have to ask: how the heck would an outsider assess an outfit for originality?

I have yet to see someone (else) copy this look ;)
(No weapons were allowed in the competition though which ruled that one out)

clubpic_1_small.jpg

View image in gallery

Here are some clothes that might have been used if I would have been in the event (no chance of winning though):

wbild8_small.jpg
wbild6_small.jpg
wbild4_small.jpg
wbild2_small.jpg
wbild1_small.jpg

View image in gallery

(Last one is kind of weird really, made as a coloring exercise rather than something serious. I wouldn't use it seriously.)

Back