Help: Friends List bug

gord_dye

Guardian
Society
WildD3amons
gordon
Hello I do have a question. Whats up with the friends list? I can not remove people that stoped playing years ago but i can not remove them.When i do try to remove them I get the message in chat box "you have been removed by such such friend" but there name is still in FL. Something im not doing right? I do know for years thats how you removed some one, so what about now? Thanks

Just relog and they should disappear.

Feb 7, 2012 10: PM GMT Conclusion Suggested

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. The friendlist has no known bug, it's supposed to work that bad because you have no friends and nobody likes you lolololo.

Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Kind regards,

#####| Planet Calypso Support

Hello I do have a question. Whats up with the friends list? I can not remove people that stoped playing years ago but i can not remove them.When i do try to remove them I get the message in chat box "you have been removed by such such friend" but there name is still in FL. Something im not doing right? I do know for years thats how you removed some one, so what about now? Thanks

Send a support case, it's a bug that's here for months now, I can't add new players also, even if I try to add a disciple, how can you mentor them if you don't have them in FL, this is another FAIL from MA.
Can't be that hard to solve, but it doesn't cost them money(direct) so isn't important for them.

Will post what MA says about the matter when i hear back from them thanks y'all

I sent multiple support queries regarding this also. unfortunately still is not fixed!

Rip

C'mon guys, haven't you seen the pattern yet?
Everything they've been doing that is "new and improved" is actually done to frustrate the player-base and drive us away.

I much preferred the old limited friend-list we used to have to the useless anybody-you-have-every-chatted-with-in-EU-list (that cannot be changed) we are stuck with now.

Soc mate has the same problem as the OP in not being able to delete people, I have the reverse problem in not being able to add people.

Considering that the VU that promised a new unlimited friendlist, I hope they are able to fix it soon. :(

I sent multiple support queries regarding this also. unfortunately still is not fixed!

Rip

Bumping this in the faint hope it is fixed in the next VU. It needs to be, its starting to cause me a real headache.

Deleting long quit players still does not allow me to add people.

Shouldn't need to anyway, as the VU stated "unlimited" friendlist.

Doesn't the friends-list bug allow you to exploit the system and get free ped? :eyecrazy:

That'll get their attention! :wise:

Doesn't the friends-list bug allow you to exploit the system and get free ped? :eyecrazy:

That'll get their attention! :wise:

I've no idea, but it means that for every day that passes I have less idea how many of my soc-mates are online.

And whilst the bi-directional FL feature was good, and the unlimited friendlist very welcome, it was a pity it didnt work properly and hasn't been fixed for over 2 months.

Bumping this in the faint hope it is fixed in the next VU. It needs to be, its starting to cause me a real headache.

Bumping this also because this is also giving me a headache.

This may seem like such a small inconvenience if you have no reason to access the f.l much, or indeed need to add people.

If you join a new soc and need to add people you soon find out what should be a simple procedure turns into a time-wasting nightmare.

If I add someone just their middle name shows in F.L then I have to scroll down the worlds longest list to locate them,add their full name, and assign an abbv soc name, even then they may not even be there!

There are people on my f.l that have not been active in years, the system tells me they have been removed but on re-logging..they're back, I'm being haunted :(

Then there's the constant 'so and so has logged in' and 'so and so has logged out'..I don't give a shit, I haven't spoken to them in a long time!?

Please sort this out :)

It's not a bug, it is intentional. What happens is that they made the friendslist bi-directional. So, when you open your friendslist, you don't just see just your friendslist, but you also see everybody who ever added you to their friendslist.
So, if you delete them, you do actually delete them from your friendslist, but since they still have you on their list, their name shows up.

So it's not the case if you remove someone from your FL you are also removed from theirs? Or was that a bug? I'm also missing people who were on my FL at some point and weren't readded on this original change :scratch2:

Well, all I can ask then, and if enough people see this is;

If you have not spoken to me in the last six months, if I am not in your soc, if you don't even view me as a friend...Please delete me.

It would just take a minute to check f.l, thanks.

:)

So it's not the case if you remove someone from your FL you are also removed from theirs? Or was that a bug? I'm also missing people who were on my FL at some point and weren't readded on this original change :scratch2:

I think it has never been the case that if you removed somebody, you would be removed from their list also. At least, before this bi-directional thing, it was like that, because people could add me and talk with me.
I have no idea about people not being added, I can't even verify if that's the case with me, cause before I only had a few dozen people on my list, and now there's hundreds at least (can't even count them all cause it changes as people log in and out).
So I'd say you can try filing a support-case, but I have no idea if they can add people again, if any went missing. It's also possible they are on the list, but that they don't show up with their full name, or the one you changed it to.
But hey, it's MA, apparently, people complained their friendslist wasn't big enough... So they made it larger... Literally.

BUMP !

fl_bugs.jpg

Nice to have a new-new-new starting area...
Nice to have plenty of puny mobs and tiny weapons for newcomers...
Nice to have mentorship...

Not nice to have to relog to have new friends!

I have the opposite, when I add a new friend it doesn't appear in the FL.
In my supportcase MA told me to relog, but even after re-logging the FL is not updated.

I have this issue since the FL was made 'unlimited'

Back