Help: Get locked out while reading

GoNi

Slayer
Society
freelancer
Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
Don´t know when it started exactly, but last two days it happend that I get logged out form PCF while reading the forum.

Today it happend that I get logged out while I was writing an answer to a thread, so the post was invalid.
Had to log in again, and rewrite the answer.

Why do I get logged out while active browsing the forum ????

Something suddenly clears cookies on your side. If not the browser then some 3rd party utility maybe.

i know why Gloria
:yay:

Are you private-browsing? For example, you can do InPrivate Browsing with Internet Explorer, and I'm sure a similar setting exists for other browsers. When you do that, you may not be authenticated with the forum server and get punted repeatedly due to lack of credentials.

Don't panic!

When website sets cookie it sets it for defined time, not sure how long it is in case of PCF (but it is easy to check if you really want - just delete your cookies, login and check cookies expiry date).
So it happened that your cookies expired while you was typing....

Don't panic!

When website sets cookie it sets it for defined time, not sure how long it is in case of PCF (but it is easy to check if you really want - just delete your cookies, login and check cookies expiry date).
So it happened that your cookies expired while you was typing....

PCF cookies don't expire or at least mine never have,I haven't logged in in years.

711 can confirm, but I think PCF cookies will expire one year after you last log in (ie one year after last visit).

Thanks for the replys.

Think the cookies got autodeleted, as I didn´t exclude PCF cookies from that.
Will check my settings, so that PCF cookies don´t get deleted automatically.

Are the thread so boring you fall asleep maybe? ;)

PCF cookies don't expire or at least mine never have,I haven't logged in in years.

Expiration date is one of properties of cookie, so every cookie expire, you can set it for very long time tho....

Back