Gold Card Error 72

StormrideR

Mature
Society
Synergen
Teh Serbian StormrideR
lately I started to get this error more and more often when I insert gold card in the reader... After few tries it usually gives me code, but today, it just keep giving me that damn error. Like reader doesn't recognize that chip on the card... Anyone with suggestion?

lately I started to get this error more and more often when I insert gold card in the reader... After few tries it usually gives me code, but today, it just keep giving me that damn error. Like reader doesn't recognize that chip on the card... Anyone with suggestion?

I think we all get the 72 error from time to time, all I can suggest is make sure the card isnt dusty and insert it slower. :)

I think we all get the 72 error from time to time, all I can suggest is make sure the card isnt dusty and insert it slower. :)

classic *wiggle-waggle-wiggle-waggle-shake-shake* tactic is worth trying too :)

i find squeezing it with my thumb and index finger fixes it, tis wierd.

I've been getting that for a long time - especially after I peeled off the plastic coating on the card lol

Easiest fix, blow inside the reader, wipe your card and try again.

yep working nicely now I didn't get used to clean stuff when it gets dirty lol... thx for suggestions... btw numbers started to show pretty weakly too... like battery is dieing or something

yep working nicely now I didn't get used to clean stuff when it gets dirty lol... thx for suggestions... btw numbers started to show pretty weakly too... like battery is dieing or something

Error 72 indeed is a battery problem. Had it one and then MA send me a new one for free. These days you either try to put in a new battery or buy a new one ingame.

ah so battery... now time to find mini screwdriver. thx for clearing this out!

For any others that have the problem...

Clean the contacts on the card with a pencil eraser. Be sure to clean off eraser bits before inserting into reader.

Had that problem a lot in the past ... had to open it to change batteries not so long ago ... seems to have dissappeared ... so batteries or dust :)

i noticed that happened more and more and more untill the point it just refused to work, eventually i got a new reader :p

Cant remember where, but somewhere there is a thread about cardreader fail codes and 72 is battery.

Had same fail code, changed battery in card reader and work ever since :)

awesome how people handle their gold cards where are for instance serval thousadn dollars behind, *peelin of the protection foil* :scratch2::hammer::banghead:

For any others that have the problem...

Clean the contacts on the card with a pencil eraser. Be sure to clean off eraser bits before inserting into reader.

Have also cleaned contacts on the card. Most of the times its enough to scratch a little with your nail.

Batteries are/were CR2016s - easy to find and reasonably cheap. Try ebay.

For cleaning the contacts on the GC, a light rub over with a pencil eraser as has been suggested or the plain end of a match - not the head!

A match is also small enough to clean the contacts inside the reader while you have it apart to replace the batteries.

Use a small magnet (fridge magnet?) to hold the screws while you have the reader apart because you really, really don't want to spend an hour looking for the one that fell on the floor.

The sets of jewellers/watchmakers screwdrivers should have a size 0 or 00 crosspoint screwdriver which is the size you need for the GC reader screws.

Hope this helps :)

changed them, good as new :) was about 2 euros per battery here...

bought new batteries here still 72 error when it does read, most times cant even get something to show on screen.

Back