Gore and other stuff for cryengine.

Society
Tusalusa Stalkers
Leonardo Naifas Anaconda
In a recent thread by Marco, several valide observations were made relative to improvements of the game. I confess i did not scroll through every post, and noticed the thread was closed today, while i remembered a couple of things that would improve the fun factor without any doubt, and could be implemented to further improve the "eyecandy" effect coming up with CE.
These are:
_ give us blood again (mob blood spilling, as well as player's)
_ make critical hits spill even more blood :D
_ "fatality" animations when an avatar is killed. I would love to see avatars burning to ashes when hit by lasers, or dismembered by an infuriated atrox.

Do you have any other bloody idea? :launcher:

Sounds pretty sweet! How about bullet wounds on animals, and scratches on people. The wounds could be linked to the players health so they go away once healed. Maybe even visible armor damage like dents, scratches, and bullet holes. Again, you would need to repair your armor to get it looking like new.

I would not want to see the gore like you describe it.
If you can put it off I am ok with it.

For you it might be eye candy for me it would be confronting me with destruction all day long. That idea bothers me. Ofcourse you can add a little effect on hitting but I would not want to see all the blood and organs splashing out of body's and creatures.
It would most probably put you in a rage to kill them all asap. And that substance in your brain, well I do not want to much of that really...

Do I sound like a pussy now? :cool:

And no im not from the flowerpower gen, infact I think the flowerpower gen damaged the world humongously so I am against that although the motives were good(just to set my pussyness straight:) )

lol when u actually cut with the blade... the killing blow actually decapitates or dismembers. Too violent but yea, just some ideas for u.

In a recent thread by Marco, several valide observations were made relative to improvements of the game. I confess i did not scroll through every post, and noticed the thread was closed today, while i remembered a couple of things that would improve the fun factor without any doubt, and could be implemented to further improve the "eyecandy" effect coming up with CE.
These are:
_ "fatality" animations when an avatar is killed. I would love to see avatars burning to ashes when hit by lasers, or dismembered by an infuriated atrox.

I like those ideias Naifas, it would be great, and the option for activate and deactivate Gore effects on the login would make that perfect so everybody can choose to play with or without Gore :)

They actually had this at some point but was removed for reasons I don't know. I would like to see some kind of visually cue that you hit, or have been hit.

They actually had this at some point but was removed for reasons I don't know. I would like to see some kind of visually cue that you hit, or have been hit.

Some countries do not like gore and graphical violence of that sort, so they took it out, in order to be able to allow more people to play the game.

At least i think its something like that :D

Some countries do not like gore and graphical violence of that sort, so they took it out, in order to be able to allow more people to play the game.

At least i think its something like that :D

LOL well in that case why the hell they playing a game where you shoot things then??? :eyecrazy:

LOL well in that case why the hell they playing a game where you shoot things then??? :eyecrazy:

Yes, doesn't make much sense.
And yes, i remember the days when blood was visible, and i miss it.

Kiriku, the reason i want some gore is not because i'm a bloody maniac. I used to play loads of arcade games after the classes, waiting for the school bus to take me home, and one of those was mortal combat. Now if any of u guys remember the game, the thing that made it epic was the "fatality" strikes, which were animations for blows which finished off ur oponent. That was fun. Why not here? Moreover, it would (re)add some realism. (ok, i also was a fan of doom, quake, duke nukem and all those oldies. There was blood in all of them.)

And since we're there, when an avatar dies, the state of the body should be so obviously bad that there would be no need for a ghost or skulls with crossed bones...

Nowadays, when you hunt, there is no actual fun in the actual hunting and killing of the mob. We just want the swirlies and the nice loot box. Hunting has become more mechanical. Hell, sometimes, i shoot down a mob without even looking at it. Criticals are just red lines and a sound, which most of the time give a bit of emotion during the kill, but it should be more than only that. Since Cry2 is about visuals, i hope they improve it in a certain way. I can imagine for example team hunts where a mob just picked one of us and teared him appart. For example Pombinho. That'd be fun. And then we HOF of course (ok, that one is meant to be understood only by Starkiller and nomad, sorry).:laugh:

I personally wouldnt like any gore in EU. Aside from being approachable to a wider audience, too much gore is an eyesore for me. All of this is in my opinion, to take it as you please.

I wouldnt mind if MA allowed for disabling gore/blood.

I would not want to see myself fed by bloodthirst going frenzy on the streets =)
Insanity is not far away :eyecrazy:

Last edited:
Hmm, yeah, I like the idea. :D I won't deny I like bloody games, way too many hours (And coins!) playing stuff after school. And never got how come this game had mild nudity but not even a single drop of blood, on its current state that is (Yes, yes, I know there used to be blood before, I can read you know. :laugh: ). Though, if it were implemented, should be optional and moreover, with different levels of "goryness".

- Level 0, just as it is now.
- Level 1, Some blood is spilled when you get hit or hit a mob.
- Level 2, Just like Level 1, but with more blood, critical hits and "Fatalities" (Death with a critical hit) make more blood appear, also there are visual damage cues on both avatars and mobs.
- Level 3, All out rampant gore with chances of dismembering with critical hits, beheading, turning into bloody pulp, piles of dust by plasma/laser guns, etc, etc.

China is a HUGE market and Entropia would not be allowed into it if they had blood thats why they took it out.

it be shooting themselvs in the foot and thats.

plus i'd rather they put other stuff in the game then blood. it's one of the reasons i like Entropia too. is that it doesn't have to be a violent game.

Would make the "game" more colourful no doubt about it. I vote for It 100%.

The idea with more levels of blood`n gore, also nice.

Should be in disabled mode (no gore) by default imo.

As far as China is concerned, I don`t think their players will ever roam the lands of Calypso in the near future..., text filters, gov. firewalls etc., might be many many years untill this is possible. Also I think their government is more affraid of free speech (team names like "free tibet" etc...lol) than blood and gore..;)

Cheers,
Robo

These are:

Play Fallout much?

hehe

this is a bad idea.

there is enough violence in other games and films. Too much violence in my opinion.

A game should be for fun not sickening sights. The fact that many people agree with op's suggestion shows to me there is something wrong with our modern societies.

Video games showing blood, dismemberments, and so on makes them an easy target for politicians who need something to yell about. For some, it is the sign of indignation they need to show to get re-elected. For others, it is the thing they can rail against to keep foreign businesses out of their country. It is a simple target, and MA is making a wise business move by steering clear of it.

Others have mentioned the cultural sensitivites - some countries do not allow some levels of violence to be shown. Some countries have a big problem with in-game nudity. That has led some MMO companies to produce different client versions that run on different servers for different countries. That approach isn't really practical for EU, since anybody would be able to download any version, and everybody plays on the same server, no matter where they live.

Yes, some players would have more fun with blood splattering around, but it is bad for business. Just because it appeals to some players doesn't mean it will appeal to the governments they live under...

The idea of armor looking beat up when damaged would probably be a good compromise, though.

Blood got removed in VU5.6 or so. With a reason Id say.

Well, the opinions about this subject seem to be pretty much splitted. It could however be, like suggested by NeutrinoX, an option with several levels of intensity. EU is the main game i play, i'd like to have more options in the visual effects department.

And it remains to be proved that blood in games or movies generates violent persons. I don't think they had videogames or TV back in the middle ages.

Back