Gradivore

Status
Yep. The information on ED was correct. We have had 2 Gradivore Land Grab Areas recorded in our lists for over a year now. The NE Nate area (LA 19) did have a lower spawn rate than the NW Nate area (LA 17) for some reason, as I would usually find 3 or 4 Grads lurking around in LA 17 but only 1 or 2 while running through the whole of LA 19.

I will need to check up on each of the Land Grab Areas to see if their settings have stabilised after the VU 9.1 increase in numbers. I haven't updated ED's settings for them since the VU as the settings were unlocked - meaning they should drop back to zero numbers very soon (unless MA have altered the LG areas' behaviour).

NW of Nate is 3 dna at min maturity.
Numbers are low and even olds aren't easy to find on there now.

They seem to have completely stopped dropping fine hides now, and much less wool than before too.

Just put the prowlers back and I'll forgive you Mr C ;)

t

NW of Nate is 3 dna at min maturity.
Numbers are low and even olds aren't easy to find on there now.

They seem to have completely stopped dropping fine hides now, and much less wool than before too.

Just put the prowlers back and I'll forgive you Mr C ;)

t

Yes, as I predicted the sliders have dropped back to zero, so all Land Grab areas have returned to the minimum spawn settings.

lol where can I find this mob? :D

There are also some tucked away among the Tripudions in the swamps at the bottom of the purple jungles, SW of Billston Towers.

be warned, though, there are 40 tripus for every flying sheep, and they still only go up to Old.

Oh, and they do indeed still drop Vigi shoes, since I got a pair this weekend. They were for F, naturally. *sigh*

On the upside, they've already sold for a good sum :yay: God bless the little flying blue sheep.

lots of high maturity Gradis at LA 19. Been there 3 times in 2 days and spent a total of 500 ped ammo.

Loots so far:
Vigi harness M
7 pairs of vigi footsies, both M and F
Minor TP chip

And of course the normal oils and hides

lots of high maturity Gradis at LA 19. Been there 3 times in 2 days and spent a total of 500 ped ammo.

Loots so far:
Vigi harness M
7 pairs of vigi footsies, both M and F
Minor TP chip

And of course the normal oils and hides

That's a helluva testimonial. :D

Got a scan of a Stalker:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Just visited OLA-19, all dna is allopyl and I didn't see a single gradivore.

Just visited OLA-19, all dna is allopyl and I didn't see a single gradivore.

OLA-19 is a different LA :)

Try searching for LA-19 :) (LA with coords 228xx 115xx)

You can tell I don't hang out much on Amethera. Had a feeling I was in the wrong place, I should have realised as it was in the land grab.

Only thing that confused me was that OLA-19 announced itself as LA-19, atleast I think it did.

Last edited:
Anyone looted vigi from these recently? Got loads of vigi feet and 1 harness in the week after land grab. nothing since the 4th march though

looted my last vigi harness 1 week ago (3 total now). foot seems to have stopped dropping for me

looted my last vigi harness 1 week ago (3 total now). foot seems to have stopped dropping for me

Has anyone looted anything from these things lately? I did fine when the maturity was young to provider ...and it was much cheaper. I met several people a hunt too, hardly see anyone now at all. Since LG I have dropped nothing as far as items, and all wools and hide with a markup pr LGlost them straight after... decay is through the roof and so is ammo used and oils looted. Skills due to ammo used are the only real benefit.

How glad am I that I don't own a Gradi LA, and since hardly anyone hunts there anymore ....how long will there be grads there at all ?

t

I've been hunting the Stalkers today. Didn't get much tonight, but when I was hunting there shortly after Landgrab I got a Minor TP chip and many sets of Vigi feet :)

I don't think its a matter of the drops "stopping" really, just that they seem to come in waves.

On the mob/s I hunt, The goodies will seem to dry up for several days or more, but when I do loot items I tend to get several within a few days.

I know a certain soc mate who tells me they drop the II tp chip regularly :) from his reports they drop the II as often as drones/argos drop the I

I would go hunt them if I weren't attached to CP

A week plus later, camped these gasbags almost all of that time...not a single item, the only good loots being large oil amounts, when maturity was low things were mush better..maybe because lots of people hunted them? I rarely meet anyone on gradi LAs anymore...they are beyond the lower level guys now for sure so that makes sense...also the previously high markup common drops like gradi wools are TT fodder now so they don't pay hunting costs anymore.

I can't help wondering how this is showing up in the LA owner balance sheets since they only get a % of actual loot, not ammo used? Surely it's better to have many hunters (and miners since they also seem to stay away now), than just me and a couple of die hards who aren't looting that much anyway?

The only reason I'm still there is the quest for a Vigi harness ...and some nice skilling ..I ever get that and I'll be gone and very happily so.

t

A week plus later, camped these gasbags almost all of that time...not a single item, the only good loots being large oil amounts, when maturity was low things were mush better..maybe because lots of people hunted them? I rarely meet anyone on gradi LAs anymore...they are beyond the lower level guys now for sure so that makes sense...also the previously high markup common drops like gradi wools are TT fodder now so they don't pay hunting costs anymore.

I can't help wondering how this is showing up in the LA owner balance sheets since they only get a % of actual loot, not ammo used? Surely it's better to have many hunters (and miners since they also seem to stay away now), than just me and a couple of die hards who aren't looting that much anyway?

The only reason I'm still there is the quest for a Vigi harness ...and some nice skilling ..I ever get that and I'll be gone and very happily so.

t

cK owns both LA's that have gradivore. For those Wanting to hunt the smaller ones it is a short run NW of nate. A midlevel will find no problem hunting the big ones without armor and just a p5. THe LA is far from anywhere that fact can't be altered.

If you check entropia tracker you will see average loot/day is 700ped in globals. I know of a number of harnesses and a lot of minor tp chips that have dropped - all you have to do is check the market activity on them since LG to know how much they have been dropping.

Watch for cK event soon. gl :girl:

Good idea to check the tracker...why didn't I think of that ? :ahh:

I'm simply comparing the LA NW of Nate to pre VU...it's almost devoid of hunters and loot sucks recently at least apart from oils and ubiquitous paints which are tt fodder basically.

Looks like most of the decent stuff drops from the other LA which is in the middle of nowhere as you say...could use a TP around there to encourage travellers maybe?

An event would be cool...look forward to that id only to see someone else while out hunting. Cheers you up hearing and/or seeing others global even if you aren't doing great yourself doesn't it? :laugh:

t

Spent way too much time hunting for these, way too little time actually hunting them. Found far more Trips than I care to ever see.

Look like a blue shrub to me.

Took a young with no armor.

Nice to know they're not just a myth =)

~I

looted a Justi MK I today from gradis

What happened to the big gradis on LAs? :(

t

What happened to the big gradis on LAs? :(

t

Landgrab areas revert back to Marcus Callender's ownership after 6 months, which means they go back to minimised spawn. You'll have to wait for the next Landgrab.

Yeah sux atm, tp'd out to the high maturity LA and only found a few olds there, and noticed it had gone back to marcus, so I tp'd to the low maturity one and found the same thing.

Is there anywhere else to hunt them? I looke don entropedia but no luck there.

Yeah sux atm, tp'd out to the high maturity LA and only found a few olds there, and noticed it had gone back to marcus, so I tp'd to the low maturity one and found the same thing.

Is there anywhere else to hunt them? I looke don entropedia but no luck there.

no where else in large numbers. Higher maturity ones are found in tiny numbers around the scipulors

wait for the nect LG after that the LA gonna be alive again :)

btw ive looted 4 minor tp chips from the gradis so i would apreciate to see em back in big maturity :yay:

Some DNA would be kind of nice then ...spread the gradis to CND or another LA ?

LG doesn't seem like 6 months back already ...how time flies when you're camping for a vigi harness :laugh:

t

------- ---------- ------------ ------- ------

Last edited:
Status
Back