zombyone10

Dominant
Society
Opus Tenebrae
Bannos Nosba Zombyone
"Support Case

15 Jan 2007
Hi,
I heard about someone who had been hacked wiht a gold card.
Is it true?
I would like to know if we can be hacked with gold card. "

I m waiting for the answer, if you have more details, let me know.
TY

"Support Case

15 Jan 2007
Hi,
I heard about someone who had been hacked wiht a gold card.
Is it true?
I would like to know if we can be hacked with gold card. "

I m waiting for the answer, if you have more details, let me know.
TY

Yes it´s possible, but not likely.
Everything can be hacked, its a matter of how hard it is.

friend of mine that does internet security was very impressed with the fact a game is using this type of security

he said its the same set up major firms you and is one of hte best on the market at this time

Yes it´s possible, but not likely.
Everything can be hacked, its a matter of how hard it is.

Ok, then we just have to withdraw, what about security?
How MA could sell a bank licence without security?

If dont think you get it. Even a bank can be hacked. Everything can be hacked. But MA/EU has the same level as a bank regarding security with Goldcards. And also everything can be traced in the universe so it´s really hard to steal money.

Banks get hacked all the time btw.
"Hacked" is the wrong word actually for this matter, but there are methods of getting data out of any system if you want with the right tools/software.

hacked with a goldcard

we have 3 scenarios

1) they are lieing, and its a excuse given when they cannot return borrowed items "oh i got hacked"
imo this is the most common one we see

2) someone at MA with teh goldcard codes has gone awol and decided to hack our accounts
very very very unlikely, but its the same for ur banking codes etc, or creditcard numbers.... possible but highly unlikely

3) someone hacked MA's system and has got these codes out

almost impossible, and none of the big ubers have been hacked as far as i know

so, what can we deduce from this... that having a gold card is safe, or as safe as we're gunna get

with options 2 & 3 i think we only need to look at the ultra rich ubers... any of them been hacked? not that i know of
and frankly who would go to all that effort of compromising themselves in order to target someone with 100 peds on thier card
MA rogue staff, sounds like a movie script.. its possible, but i am sure MA have some good procedures here and if they didnt the hacker would be very easily identified so i guess thats a no-go

so it brings me back to point 1, most times ppl with a gold card tell us they have been hacked its to cover themselves for not returning a item they borrowed

of course there are other possabilities.. but generaly they are so dumb its not even worth mentioning..... giving out codes from ur reader.. lending ur goldcard to a irl friend etc etc

without a goldcard its not so hard to hack a account, hack thier mailbox and request a new password... bingo.. so i hope u dont have ur account registered to a hotmail address orso (the easiest to hack i believe)

but back on track, the goldcard is pretty secure imo

If dont think you get it. Even a bank can be hacked. Everything can be hacked. But MA/EU has the same level as a bank regarding security with Goldcards. And also everything can be traced in the universe so it´s really hard to steal money.

Banks get hacked all the time btw.

Right but then, why Ma did nothing for all ppl who had been hacked, with or without any card?
Then, Why the police do nothing, and then again, how MA can sell things like malls, lands, banks, when ppl can be hacked on it and do nothing beause the police get no interest with it.?
I think MA should provide a soft to secure each PC.

Right but then, why Ma did nothing for all ppl who had been hacked, with or without any card?
Then, Why the police do nothing, and then again, how MA can sell things like malls, lands, banks, when ppl can be hacked on it and do nothing beause the police get no interest with it.?

Read what Lighterthief wrote. Agree with him 100%
Also I have and have had alot of money ingame. People know this. Why dont I get hacked?

Also as said, everything can be traced.

yes, everything is about degrees of security.

anything that was totaly secure would be inaccessible.

EU is a very secure system with the gold card.

Infact it has a more secure system than my credit card company

they always ask the same set of questions - wand for you password in full - easy prey for a key logger.

As such - if i was going to hack anything - i would attack my credit card company first - there is a lot more money to steal there , its easier, and tehre are more end users to target.

I dont think you need worry about EU and its gold card just yet.

This one you have to grant MA, a gold card is pretty much the safest thing you can get atm, except if you are bypassed and someone claims your cold card is broken and they get sent a new one on your account ....

As long as you change your PW regularely and use the gold card, you have the same security standard as major banks...

where is the proof any one has been hacked

i belioeve if there was gonna be an account hacked it would be someone with 300k on there ped card not some one with a few k there and its the few k players that cry i have been hacked

so untill i hear of an ubar being hacked then i feel secure with this system

and remember there are more people trying to hack into your bank and cc accounts then there are trying to hack your game account

if u get "hacked" using a gold card is not about money lol... search ur basement, maybe u have some nuclear weapons or smth stored..

hacked with a goldcard

we have 3 scenarios

1) they are lieing, and its a excuse given when they cannot return borrowed items "oh i got hacked"
imo this is the most common one we see

2) someone at MA with teh goldcard codes has gone awol and decided to hack our accounts
very very very unlikely, but its the same for ur banking codes etc, or creditcard numbers.... possible but highly unlikely

3) someone hacked MA's system and has got these codes out

almost impossible, and none of the big ubers have been hacked as far as i know

so, what can we deduce from this... that having a gold card is safe, or as safe as we're gunna get

with options 2 & 3 i think we only need to look at the ultra rich ubers... any of them been hacked? not that i know of
and frankly who would go to all that effort of compromising themselves in order to target someone with 100 peds on thier card
MA rogue staff, sounds like a movie script.. its possible, but i am sure MA have some good procedures here and if they didnt the hacker would be very easily identified so i guess thats a no-go

so it brings me back to point 1, most times ppl with a gold card tell us they have been hacked its to cover themselves for not returning a item they borrowed

of course there are other possabilities.. but generaly they are so dumb its not even worth mentioning..... giving out codes from ur reader.. lending ur goldcard to a irl friend etc etc

without a goldcard its not so hard to hack a account, hack thier mailbox and request a new password... bingo.. so i hope u dont have ur account registered to a hotmail address orso (the easiest to hack i believe)

but back on track, the goldcard is pretty secure imo

Yeah ok with all you said, but the reason why ppl who are very rich are not hacked could be: MA will stop the stuff, locking account, or withwraw. By chas card ppl can only steal 30K peds in one month, or they have to wait 60 90 days for more...
Then, I had benne hackd in the past, withotu gold card, but the police did nothing, and MA nothing too, like for many ppl.
So, is it a joke to say I had been hacked wiht gold or not?
And when someone is traced 6 month, he write gold code during 6 month, then hackers could get the key.
My last question is, how can we be sure we are not traced, and which soft is the best to prevent of this...

This one you have to grant MA, a gold card is pretty much the safest thing you can get atm, except if you are bypassed and someone claims your cold card is broken and they get sent a new one on your account ....

As long as you change your PW regularely and use the gold card, you have the same security standard as major banks...

but to get a new gold card then they have to have your real life info and also sit at your mail box waiting for it to arrive

Zomby, is just like in sex. The only 100% safe way to do it is abstinence (i.e. internet cable unplugged).

The point is that ppl who are able to bypass a EU goldcard won't risk their asses for a EU account with say 2-300k$ tops.

Just substitude real Entropa.exe with a fake one. Showing same gold card logon screen and some silly excuse about making connection to EU then. Offender will get alot of one time codes :p
No one really need to crack gold card itself...

In reality Mindark is not selling anything. They still have the right to anything on your account and they could throw you out for no reason at all and delete your entire account.

The only thing you might have a chanse to claim is the actually value (ie TT value) of your account (PED card, weapons etc). "Marketvalue" is pretty much a creation of the participants (players) that's endorced by Mindark.

Still Mindark has, as far as I know, not yet thrown anybody out without reason (scammers and such) and I don't think you should worry about it.

And as major-rage said it's just a matter of how hard it is to crack security. Why do you have money in a bank account when someone could just hack the bank? Or worse - rob the bank?

Want security? Get a gold card and don't let someone get close enough IRL to use it.

Edit: Wow a lot of people posted before me - I guess I should type my reply immediately after pressing Post Reply. :D

Zomby, is just like in sex. The only 100% safe way to do it is abstinence (i.e. internet cable unplugged).

The point is that ppl who are able to bypass a EU goldcard won't risk their asses for a EU account with say 2-300k$ tops.

Maybe, mybe not.
What about the reality?
I think many student who could make a learning period in army or in electronics company, could do it, wiht knownledge in electroni and informatic...
But question is, how can we prevent of these problems?

Maybe, mybe not.
What about the reality?
I think many student who could make a learning period in army or in electronics company, could do it, wiht knownledge in electroni and informatic...

stop playing hten if you are that insecure with ma and there ability to secure there servers and the gold card accounts

In reality Mindark is not selling anything. They still have the right to anything on your account and they could throw you out for no reason at all and delete your entire account.

The only thing you might have a chanse to claim is the actually value (ie TT value) of your account (PED card, weapons etc). "Marketvalue" is pretty much a creation of the participants (players) that's endorced by Mindark.

Still Mindark has, as far as I know, not yet thrown anybody out without reason (scammers and such) and I don't think you should worry about it.

And as major-rage said it's just a matter of how hard it is to crack security. Why do you have money in a bank account when someone could just hack the bank? Or worse - rob the bank?

Want security? Get a gold card and don't let someone get close enough IRL to use it.

Edit: Wow a lot of people posted before me - I guess I should type my reply immediately after pressing Post Reply. :D

Not a prob I got a gold card when I had been hacked lol, but When yo usay that you say a bank which exist IRL could loose a lot of dolars loaning in :scratch2: EU?

stop playing hten if you are that insecure with ma and there ability to secure there servers and the gold card accounts

Not my wish, I m only curious.

Just substitude real Entropa.exe with a fake one. Showing same gold card logon screen and some silly excuse about making connection to EU then. Offender will get alot of one time codes :p

thats a lot of effor tto got to to hack EU account, may as well go for the Bank account if you can do this.

Also most firewalls will see this as a different exe to teh one that have been given access rights, which in itself can flag up the issue

thats a lot of effor tto got to to hack EU account, may as well go for the Bank account if you can do this.

Also most firewalls will see this as a different exe to teh one that have been given access rights, which in itself can flag up the issue

Yeah, like you say firewall, now to do something on internet you and the army to protect you, and I realy think MA could provide softs to secure.
cause for ppl who don t know, you get an uber, you depo a lot, you are hacked, but if MA provide a keylogger detector, an email box soft to scan your pc, firewall....
It would be a normal thing, or at least give advices!!

Yeah, like you say firewall, now to do something on internet you and the army to protect you, and I realy think MA could provide softs to secure.
they provide the gold card which is more then most other games provide and no need to worry abou tkey loggers if you have the gold card

they provide the gold card which is more then most other games provide

They sell the gold card yeah, more than many other game.
But they could do more I suppose.

the gold card is the most secure system available right now

it is the same system that major soft ware comapnys use to protect there devolpment of new programs

i think your to parinoid and would be better off playing checkers some where off line so you do not have ot worry about being hacked

Maybe, mybe not.
What about the reality?

Zombyone--I highly doubt that!! I use a "Gold Card" like system for my work--Every morning, or in a case of an emergency off hours, I get a code on a pager like device-That code is what enables me to log into my work systems and access them. It is a little more complicated than the gold card as the codes only allow a certain amount of access time until they need to be reset and NO existing codes are out there--they create it, send it, and it expires-the whole process starts over again. I assure nobody with "limited" or "little" knowledge of these systems is going to "Hack" it. As noted all systems of data storage or vulnerable to some extent--But this system is not vulnerable to those who lack LOTS of experience in how it works.

My point here is MA has done us all a real favor by putting these gold cards into use. I don't want to be forced to put on some anti-virus/spyware/defender crap software which more than likely has it's own bugs and work arounds. I like using my choice software and I am comfortable that my systems and the use of the gold card protect me as best as I can. If you are not comfortable with the systems in place then don't deposit-don't play.

As for the banking situation, I don't have all the details on how this is going to work and If you do and see flaws in it I would suggest you don't invest in it--I highly doubt MA would implement a system without the usual checks and balances that any online banking institue would need to have up and running to operate this type of business.

Shhhhhh.... :p

Ma has gone to great lengths to make things secure, IF and only IF you buy the gold card. While its possible to "hack' the card, its highly unlikely. Just for frame of reference, PE/EU is more secure then 60-70% of banks in the US and even more secure then my ETRADE and Schwab online accounts. Yes, its true! Ma has done a great job securing the system /clap. Now of course, they lag in the time to payout but its a small price to pay to ensure the game is secure.
Most people that lose their stuff or get 'hacked' do so because they don't take precautions to prevent it. Buy a gold card, if you don't there is a good chance you will get hacked regardless of how good your password is. Keyloggers, fake websites, phising etc are all a mute point once you have a GC.
I'd really like to see MA implement a requirement- a first deposit mandatory fee that goes towards a GC to protect everyone.

aha, sry missunderstood the purpose of this thread

i thought you needed reasurance about security issues, I didn't realsie it was a bash MA thread.

EU login with gold card is MORE secure than your bank.

Status
Back