News: Halloween Mayhem 2013!

I think the problem is that MA have not yet devised a system that can keep count of time, be it minutes or hours once the player has logged out.

Strange as it should be one of the first things you should keep in mind as it concerns time, wondering what they thinkin of at MA.:lolup:

Ok ... Kim explain how you thought and how it turned out, not keep it a secret that you did it with Aurli mutant bone for 10 months .... Talk to us

Last edited:
Got an important question here if Kim can answer or any of you guys if it's allready known (i looked but did not find anything):

Tommorow the patch comes and we can take the quest and deliver the pumpkins if our 40 hours inside the instance are done (mine are). AFTER we deliver the quest can we keep hunting the zombies untill the event is over or if we do we loose the chance to compete for the prizes?

Thanks in advance for an answer.

Not only that, but I would like to know how is the system counts time in when I got disconnected from the server? Sometimes I could do insta relog, other times I need to wait for like an hour, because Server Timed Out bla bla bla. Now, How I should know my Time count is second case? Or even a first one. I could only guess now, now many hours on my virtual count.

Not only that, but I would like to know how is the system counts time in when I got disconnected from the server? Sometimes I could do insta relog, other times I need to wait for like an hour, because Server Timed Out bla bla bla. Now, How I should know my Time count is second case? Or even a first one. I could only guess now, now many hours on my virtual count.

Well... this has been asked many times this event and on the feffox event, but afaik never been answered by mindark. But if you have less than 300+points per hour on average you can forget about reaching any of the prize spots anyway. Well, possibly the 80th, 90th or 100 or so.. but to win anything you need to have super-high dps...

this is a weird rule

I would like to clarify the rules regarding the team system for this event. It is not permitted to be in a team while in a Halloween Mayhem instance for any reason regardless of the motive, this includes covering up your avatar name from global messages.

wow, why is this RULE not in the beginning when a player enters the instance? or even better, why are teams not automatically disbanded upon entering instances? i am 26 hours into mayhem event and i just did my first and only hour in a team, i swear i was not aware of this rule. I was streaming my hunt on twitch.tv and a viewer pointed out to me this post on forum. this is the first time im reading this, what happens to me now? i have my hunt on video saved on twitch page so if i need to prove something its all here. I will also fill out support ticket and will not hunt till i get a response back.

IMHO it would be better to make 'drop' event, like every mob on calypso can drop some consumnable boost items (that can be sold) like the candies are atm (not with such ridiculous droprate) and skill boosters and whatever u can come up with that would boost up eco/dps or bring down defcost. Spamming more UL items in loot and rewards is just killing economy even more.

wow, why is this RULE not in the beginning when a player enters the instance? or even better, why are teams not automatically disbanded upon entering instances? i am 26 hours into mayhem event and i just did my first and only hour in a team, i swear i was not aware of this rule. I was streaming my hunt on twitch.tv and a viewer pointed out to me this post on forum. this is the first time im reading this, what happens to me now? i have my hunt on video saved on twitch page so if i need to prove something its all here. I will also fill out support ticket and will not hunt till i get a response back.

There is ONE person at support that might go through the hassle of finding out if what you say is true, but the rest of the people on support are just copy/paste monkies that won't read more than two lines of your support case then give you a copy of their standard answers from their archive... my last support case i started with "i have two questions", and then labled them question 1: and after that sentence question 2:
There is no way they could habe missed that there were two questions.. they skimmed through it without actually reading it, then hit me with a copy/pasted "standard answer"... and it took days to get a reply .. so in the unlikely event that they read your case without dismissing it after the first two sentences, and decide to give you a second chance, you will still be up for a long wait before you get the reply, so if you are off the hook you got very little time to finish your 40 hours....

But i hope i am wrong and that mindark shows you mercy, but you really shouldn't expect them to..

Good luck regardless!

The chance to loot a 200 ped markup evil essense item that is tradable and usuable by anyone also allows the ability to essentially buy pumpkins out side of random normal rates.

Please consider bans for anyone abusing this method of obtaining extra pumpkins, both sale of or purchase of.

This also probably created hundreds of "family friends" for people to farm for these items for sale or use on main characters. Tons of teams have also defiantly and deliberately been created for the specific purpose of bumping the loot table for these items.

Add the trapping feature to the mix, and without a doubt, this whole meyhem is a complete fraud.

Some people have more principals and money than time....Swedish courts are not immune to this. I personally feel that a court would find Mindark at fault, it would be hard not to. MA and thier PP's should seriously consider these points. This is based on Real Currency, with real laws behind the use of.

Between the legit players upset about the ability for people to trap endlessly, and the innocent people unfortunate to wind up in a team, There will be/are alot of frustrated players as a result.

This event looked promising, it now appears to be a big thorn in customer satisfaction.

I don't know if anyone has noticed but the instance times on the completion sheet that pops up when you leave the instance are often wrong.

I've got an open ticket to support becuase I finished one and it said I had been in the instance for 1hr 27mins....

Every instance I have left has matched my stopwatch within a few seconds. I have not noticed this issue yet. i have been doing roughly 30 min runs in the instances instead of the full hours though.

The chance to loot a 200 ped markup evil essense item that is tradable and usuable by anyone also allows the ability to essentially buy pumpkins out side of random normal rates.

Please consider bans for anyone abusing this method of obtaining extra pumpkins, both sale of or purchase of.

This also probably created hundreds of "family friends" for people to farm for these items for sale or use on main characters. Tons of teams have also defiantly and deliberately been created for the specific purpose of bumping the loot table for these items.

Add the trapping feature to the mix, and without a doubt, this whole meyhem is a complete fraud.

Some people have more principals and money than time....Swedish courts are not immune to this. I personally feel that a court would find Mindark at fault, it would be hard not to. MA and thier PP's should seriously consider these points. This is based on Real Currency, with real laws behind the use of.

Between the legit players upset about the ability for people to trap endlessly, and the innocent people unfortunate to wind up in a team, There will be/are alot of frustrated players as a result.

This event looked promising, it now appears to be a big thorn in customer satisfaction.

Yeah, ban half the players because they looted item in the instance and sold it on auction. :laugh:
Sure the event sucks if you don't like it, but the CLD revenue shows that people love this event. :yup:
Sory my friend, but this event rocks. Best event so far if you ask me :yay:

Yeah, ban half the players because they looted item in the instance and sold it on auction. :laugh:
Sure the event sucks if you don't like it, but the CLD revenue shows that people love this event. :yup:
Sory my friend, but this event rocks. Best event so far if you ask me :yay:

Not saying this event is not fun but...

I liked how Merry Mayhem was done last year myself, competing in categories instead of against ubers or newbers. It just seemed more fair competition last year during MM. I know for a fact only ubers will win the prizes in this competition maybe a mid level grinder might have shot at 50th or 100th prize.

I do agree disconnects were an issue in last years MM because if you disconnected few min after entering you lost your key for 1 full hour.

What they should do is combine the logic behind both to make a good event for everyone. Create event that separate's the competition so newbies are not competing against ubers, but instead of using keys use the time tracking method they do now.

An actual event timer would be nice but I doubt that will ever happen but manually tracking time is not that hard you can even use a wind up cooking timer, if you can't find a stop watch or stop watch app to use to help you track your times.

k-max,

when thye do mayhem in diferent categorys it is still not fair,
i am level 111 blp sniper,yet i have no chance against say star and others with modfap/good gear

imo what would be the most honest approach which would give all players from high to low an chance ,is to make points lotterytickets,
at the end of the event prizes will be drawn,so if you have high dam/sec you have better odds thne some1 with low dam/sec,but the low dam/sec still has an shot at first prize

when thye do mayhem in diferent categorys it is still not fair,

I did say "more fair" not completely fair.... and yes it was more fair.... newbs won prizes against other newbs in MM they were not totally eliminated before they started their first run. Yes it was a level range but small level range is better then all level ranges to compete against which makes it "more fair".

lottery ticket idea is interesting idea but isn't getting points based on DPS kind of like getting lottery tickets for a drawing. You are not guaranteed to get x points for x damage you sometimes get higher points and lower points on each run, but higher dps has a better edge to get more points which would be pretty much the same thing.

I know I do not get same points doing 50k damage on every run, I have made 1k+ points in pumpkins one run and 1 point in another run doing same damage, mostly make tens of points per run only on average. So it already is a lottery, based on how many runs you do and how much damage you do. If I upped my damage per run using bigger gun I'd get more points but not a guarantee.

off course if you do it lotteryticketstyle the players with more dam/sec have better chance at finishing in the money,
but that is how it should be

in the real world when you buy more lotterytickets you have more chance at an prize then the person that just buys 1 ticket,but thet 1 ticket might still win topprize

Every instance I have left has matched my stopwatch within a few seconds. I have not noticed this issue yet. i have been doing roughly 30 min runs in the instances instead of the full hours though.

Same for me. I take the stopwatch to be most accurate, as MA have stated not to completely trust the timer. But the difference has been a couple of seconds at most. Ans that could be being not exactly certain whet the start and end time points are.

The event is improving for sure, only timer and loot are missing this year.. Too bad so much of instance loot is tt stuff (exept the first day ??). Would have been lot better with special items like in winter mayhem on boss and at least some esi/ guns with markup in normal mobs loot

One of best event this year idea of halloween is very nice ,just server stability needs to be improved :wise:

off course if you do it lotteryticketstyle the players with more dam/sec have better chance at finishing in the money,

in the real world when you buy more lotterytickets you have more chance at an prize then the person that just buys 1 ticket,but thet 1 ticket might still win topprize

I second that, after all luck is an important factor in this game and we play it as it is, why change that for an event?

No, not really; In the real world one random number will win the lottery. every ticket has for example 1 chance in ten million. While if I only shoot one mob I will never win; unless it drops 50 mutated.

So even if 500.000.000 people go hunt with a 30dps gun in level1; none of them will win. If 500.00.00 buy one lottery tickets; statistically 50 people will win on average.

So, no; anyone that isn't high level should not compete to win. You don't make a chance; since it about 40h of looting stuff that drops regularly, the highest DPS will win.

That being said; I like to participate, just because it's a fun event; and I don't even going to submit my pumpkins.

This event caters to those who have ped to buy the win.

The winners will be those who bought alot of other peoples' essense and killed the drac.

I hope people realize the mutated and twin drop appear to largely off the pumpkin and drac. (the drac has higher odds, and only a few can even try to farm the cat 5 drac, with amazingly particular mob damage that match one particular sets' protection, of course only 2 of those sets exist)

For certain they drop abnormal boost in points. Drac drops the most by far.

To label this a mayhem event with chances even near possible for those who don't essentially buy points, is false advertising to say the least.

Also to have a full week of trapping still qualify, kinda makes the whole thing a joke in my mind. Ill still probably finish it, but it has given me a horrible impression as far as how they have chosen to run the event.

I honestly think the day is coming very close for MA to have to answer to the legal issues around these choices.
I know in my country advertizing a competition that is rigged, or could be bought is usually fined and shut down, Sweden has pretty damn good consumer laws also.

The event itself, the instance is cool. The whole mayhem behind it is a complete mess.

Wait, is there someone here that actually had fun grinding the same mobs in the same tiny instance for 40 hours?

The winners will be those who bought alot of other peoples' essense and killed the drac.

I hope people realize the mutated and twin drop appear to largely off the pumpkin and drac. (the drac has higher odds, and only a few can even try to farm the cat 5 drac, with amazingly particular mob damage that match one particular sets' protection, of course only 2 of those sets exist)

I looted 4 essence in total, and killed the vamp 4 times, category 4. None of those killed had anything higher than a damaged (10 pointer) in it.
I looted 1 mutated, of a hunter, and also 2 twins from a hunter.
Even the pumpkin boss, all killed, had nothing higher than a damaged in it for me, and a big majority, only having a rotten.

Could not agree more though, on the armour needed to kill the damn thing, seems 1 sided.

That being said, I liked this event, it's the 1st mayhem I've completed, some hunts were pretty poor loot wise, some good, it enabled me to go on without having to use my CC every few hours.
I did get frustrated though sometimes, no pumpkin would loot for 25 minutes, not even a rotten, and 1 hunt only got 26 points in cat 4.

I looted 4 essence in total, and killed the vamp 4 times, category 4. None of those killed had anything higher than a damaged (10 pointer) in it.
I looted 1 mutated, of a hunter, and also 2 twins from a hunter.
Even the pumpkin boss, all killed, had nothing higher than a damaged in it for me, and a big majority, only having a rotten.

Could not agree more though, on the armour needed to kill the damn thing, seems 1 sided.

That being said, I liked this event, it's the 1st mayhem I've completed, some hunts were pretty poor loot wise, some good, it enabled me to go on without having to use my CC every few hours.
I did get frustrated though sometimes, no pumpkin would loot for 25 minutes, not even a rotten, and 1 hunt only got 26 points in cat 4.

My first hunt in cat 4 i killed over 100 mobs and got 0 Points.

No, not really; In the real world one random number will win the lottery. every ticket has for example 1 chance in ten million. While if I only shoot one mob I will never win; unless it drops 50 mutated.

So even if 500.000.000 people go hunt with a 30dps gun in level1; none of them will win. If 500.00.00 buy one lottery tickets; statistically 50 people will win on average.

So, no; anyone that isn't high level should not compete to win. You don't make a chance; since it about 40h of looting stuff that drops regularly, the highest DPS will win.

That being said; I like to participate, just because it's a fun event; and I don't even going to submit my pumpkins.

you misunderstood me,i mean with lotteryticketstyle what you just describe...that 1 lucky random drop can win..but the more tickets you have the more chance you have at that random number

you misunderstood me,i mean with lotteryticketstyle what you just describe...that 1 lucky random drop can win..but the more tickets you have the more chance you have at that random number

yes but as it is now, more tickets = a basic GUARANTEE of that number (so to speak)

To label this a mayhem event with chances even near possible for those who don't essentially buy points, is false advertising to say the least.

How terrible is it that "uber" players are paying a lot of ped to lower level players?

The event itself, the instance is cool. The whole mayhem behind it is a complete mess.

But its an improvement over the last MM and the feffox mayhem, no?

best event ever by MA, please do more like these :D, one for every season seems bout right, i am looking forward to looting the snow essence from frosty the snowman :D

Bought over a 100 of those essences, maybe over 200, almost all spent in cat 4, I was hoping for a cape. I looted one mature pumpkin from all the counts I killed, nothing better than that, no cape either. Count always dropped a sickly, and mostly a damaged, the points were decent but nothing to give me any delusions that I'll be placing high. In order to do that you'd still need to be an uber or have ungodly luck or have done something no one else thought of.

Bought over a 100 of those essences, maybe over 200, almost all spent in cat 4, I was hoping for a cape. I looted one mature pumpkin from all the counts I killed, nothing better than that, no cape either. Count always dropped a sickly, and mostly a damaged, the points were decent but nothing to give me any delusions that I'll be placing high. In order to do that you'd still need to be an uber or have ungodly luck or have done something no one else thought of.

Bought a 100 ? Nice amount ... ouch :)

Back