News: Halloween Mayhem 2021

Stuff like this happens all the time when you deploy code to production environment. I really believe it's minor issue and will be detected and solved fast.

dont worry they disabled token drops in isntances, until the 5 hour instance expires

Last edited:
dont worry they disabled token drops in isntances, and i think boxes too , so they just hunt for TT until the 5 hour instance expires
I just exited, because my 5h timer ran out on my instance. I looted a point right before leaving. Same with box, and also token.

Points are not disabled fully as it is right now.

I did however notice that the points slowed in the last 45 minutes of my instance.

i know cause people told me who are still farming in instances, + u can see live on twitch people who sitll farm , didnt look at points too got bored watching

Well then, next time don't believe all they tell you.

As you can see, they were wrong.

Well then, next time don't believe all they tell you.

As you can see, they were wrong.
yep they had a box drop just been long till they had one, but m tokens are completly disabled its same as when u do practice before live event starts in mayhems, so they didnt lie , exept the box droped too late :)

Last edited:
Tokens stopped dropping but boxes and points still worked. Left the instance since it was not worth grinding without tokens...

when practice start before live event, m tokens were not droping until live event was on too, seems same system they disabled instances so does the tokens stopped exept u get points., dosent matter u got one or few from daily m token mission or whatever its off.

Last edited:
Token drops from mobs were totally disabled, they were raining, and than went zero when the instances were closed.
Boxes dropped ok, maybe less, maybe just random, who knows.
Scores also was ok for me.

Stuff like this happens all the time when you deploy code to production environment. I really believe it's minor issue and will be detected and solved fast.
Right, so why don`t they test properly and correct such issues BEFORE release?
I have better things to do than wasting time to check every couple of minutes if they corrected it, if it was indeed a minor issue like some newcomer with less than 3 years in EU tries to suggest, or if it was a major bug like MA got us used to in all these years and so on and so on.

Right, so why don`t they test properly and correct such issues BEFORE release?
I have better things to do than wasting time to check every couple of minutes if they corrected it, if it was indeed a minor issue like some newcomer with less than 3 years in EU tries to suggest, or if it was a major bug like MA got us used to in all these years and so on and so on.
It's because this system is in production all the time besides when they pull it down for the release. The timeframe during the release isn't enough to test things as good as they would like. Testing is prolly done at test servers but it's never the same as the real deal :p

Token drops from mobs were totally disabled, they were raining, and than went zero when the instances were closed.
Boxes dropped ok, maybe less, maybe just random, who knows.
Scores also was ok for me.
I spent 5 hours inside, from when it opened until I was kicked out (by which time it had been closed)

during this whole time I looted 70~tokens, included the daily rewards. I guess im just unlucky then?

Because MA probably gone home :) and will fix it tomorrow
I think you misunderstood....I think they will fix it end of next week and prolonge it till end of November :D

I spent 5 hours inside, from when it opened until I was kicked out (by which time it had been closed)

during this whole time I looted 70~tokens, included the daily rewards. I guess im just unlucky then?
I got 88 tokens in roughly 3 hours in survival mode (including stage rewards), but they did say the higher mobs would drop more tokens

I got around 50 in about 1 hour, unfortunately i have no idea how long i was in while the tokens still dropped.
But, you did cat3, and they wrote:

The amount of Mayhem Tokens and Rare Mayhem Tokens looted from creatures in the event instances scales proportionally with their threat level.

So probably that is the reason for the lower ammount.

Can't we have worlds which aren't as screwed as RL? Maybe while we are waiting, can we recall any of the great programmers of the past, and are they now pensioners or just no longer hip and young? I suggest ermmmm, I think the name is Paul Woakes. Oh, just searched and found he is no longer among us.
Edit: Where does the phrase ghosts in the machine come from? Was it Asimov and is it a line in the film "I Robot"?

Last edited:
It's because this system is in production all the time besides when they pull it down for the release. The timeframe during the release isn't enough to test things as good as they would like. Testing is prolly done at test servers but it's never the same as the real deal :p
They've had all summer to test this.

It honestly feels like they just slapped this together last minute with a copy/paste format from Gold Rush.

It was better as a competition, they simply needed to adjust how the competition worked.
Now it's just a grind fest, highest DPS with armor that can deflect wins.

Using a resto I was being informed I think every second that my healing was being diminished by 20% or 30% . If we have more than 10 mobs on us, will we take damage when we try and heal? ;) Maybe that's the bug and MA considered it too unbalanced.... On second thoughts - nah!

It's not the first mayhem, issues happend all the time for years, expect issues at the launch so you're not disappointed and ready to grind once it's fixed ;)
If it was bugged and you got a rare token every mobs, be happy it will be fixed, if rare token weren't dropping enough, be happy it will be fixed.
After all those years you should know what's going to happen, grind at launch expecting a bug where you will get massive tokens/points/boxes or take the risk to get a very low ammount of goodies until it's fixed. Imma tell you a secret, there will always be bugs with Mindark (or any other game studios), no matter how much you sweated or how much you've deposited, bugs happen, you gotta live with it and as a famous Dev from a huge Tencent game would say "Adapt".

Using a resto I was being informed I think every second that my healing was being diminished by 20% or 30% . If we have more than 10 mobs on us, will we take damage when we try and heal? ;) Maybe that's the bug and MA considered it too unbalanced.... On second thoughts - nah!
If you were in the survival mode, the base zombie mobs (not the rage or acid ones) applied the debuff "Defibrillation", which starts at 10% healing reduction, and each stack increases the debuff by another 10%, lasts roughly 30 seconds (timer refreshes upon new stack). I know it at least goes to 90% reduction with 9 stacks, dunno if it can stack 10 times because I died before then.

Not sure if it's the same in annihilation mode.

Side note, the rage mobs also applied a debuff, that would make you take 0.25% max hp as dmg each second, but also multiplied your dmg by .75%. That debuff also stacks (it was infection something?)

I did think it was weird that the base zombie mobs applied the healing reduction debuff and not the acid ones, which didn't seem to have any debuff. Dunno if that's a bug or not though.

Edit: Oh, and the rage debuff stacks at least to 15 times, and lasts roughly 1 min from what I could tell.

In my brief try of annih I just tagged individual mobs as usual in these things. In cat1 most of the mobs gave 0 points, maybe 3/4 of them, but I only did a dozen or so before I wanted to move up. I took a short break - and then so did the mobs...
Strangely I don't want to return to normal planetary activities. Am I an unusual customer, do you think?

They've had all summer to test this.

It honestly feels like they just slapped this together last minute with a copy/paste format from Gold Rush.

It was better as a competition, they simply needed to adjust how the competition worked.
Now it's just a grind fest, highest DPS with armor that can deflect wins.
Still only on the test servers.. It's not the same thing.

Seems like ability to enter just went down… if u r still inside, don’t leave keep shooting
Been shooting for hrs, have skill pills rolling so don’t want to leave. But, no tokens are dropping unfortunately. :(

Hey MA, mayhem instances have been down for a while now... how about making an announcement? What's going on? Give us some of that amazing communication. And NO discord doesn't count, most of the playerbase is not there this is supposed to be the official forum...

There's people hunting in there right now while everyone else can't get in. If there was a bug and you had to shut it down why didn't you kick everyone out? don't you think that would be fair?

Hey MA, mayhem instances have been down for a while now... how about making an announcement? What's going on? Give us some of that amazing communication. And NO discord doesn't count, most of the playerbase is not there this is supposed to be the official forum...

There's people hunting in there right now while everyone else can't get in. If there was a bug and you had to shut it down why didn't you kick everyone out? don't you think that would be fair?
Announcements should be made on the Launcher + as a popup to anyone in game that accepted the mayhem instance.

Hell, they could even send out in game mail with such information.

Back