Hard to find SIB weapons

Society
Aussie Entropians
Skytle DblooD Dryke
I try hard to stay in SIB but it gets very hard sometimes.
Especialy when your current SIB weapon is a crafted 1.

Case in point is my current SIB sword the nano katana. Its is a crafted sword but comes from a rare BP. After talking to freinds in game I started a thread in the weapons subforum asken if any body had a bp they would sell or do a sponcerd craft run. When i go back to check the thread notice it is not the only thread of this sort there:scratch2:

So I get to thinking if MA set up a game with SIB why make it so hard to get a number of the weapons, is it to keep prices up, is it to let ppl monopolise or is it just to slow ppls skill increase down.

Now this is not whinge thread. I totaly enjoy PE/EU and love VU10, I would just like to hear some thoughts and ideas on this topic

hmmm..

problem with sib is most of it's L... L is and always has been hard to find if you don't own the BP yourself.... and it's even tougher with stuff like mellee weapons since crafters have to dump loads and loads of residue in to make the TT value worth anything, and the more res they use the longer it will be before you have to come back to them to buy anything, so they are reluctant to do it since their return shoppers don't return for a loooooong time. Look around for an unlimited sib longblade if you want. You will fair a pretty price for it since they are rare, but the ability to repair it will make it worth it if longblade is your main thing...

and it's even tougher with stuff like mellee weapons since crafters have to dump loads and loads of residue in to make the TT value worth anything, and the more res they use the longer it will be before you have to come back to them to buy anything, so they are reluctant to do it since their return shoppers don't return for a loooooong time.

That shouldn't be a problem...
Res is among the cheaper components out there, and for the crafter its the same (or even better, less work) to sell one sword for 1000 ped @ 120%, as it is to sell 10 guns for 100ped each @ 120%...

No I think you have to look for other reasons...

One could be there simply is less people using melee, so market is smaller.

But the biggest reason is probably in components needed for this particular BP... some just aren't sensible to make with the availability/price of certain components.

Using a weapon when you're still in the learning period is not really a good idea. Without 10/10 HA and maxed damage you will only get worse returns, and the increase in skill gain is barely noticeable (and mainly comes just because you're pissing away PED quicker).

The best thing to do is to use the biggest weapon that you're maxed on and which sells for a reasonable price. If the Nano is rare, forget about it. Use a smaller eco sword until you're maxed on a bigger one that you can get for a low mark-up.

Using a weapon when you're still in the learning period is not really a good idea. Without 10/10 HA and maxed damage you will only get worse returns, and the increase in skill gain is barely noticeable (and mainly comes just because you're pissing away PED quicker).

The reason for usen a learning period weapon is for the skill increase (all skills cost ped) and I have done the comparesion between nonL and SIB hunting and beleive the diference is noticable.

If you want to do serious hunten definatly a maxed out weapon is beter in DPS and econ but if your doing serious hunting melee weapons are only good when u get to the higher skills.

My main reason for usen melee is the atribute gains in strenght and health (and of cause the fun in close quarter hunting) so SIB comes in play again.

But it is not only melee weapons I find this with I remember a time when hl12s where geting hard to find as itumatroxs had stoped droping them for some reason aswell as numerous crafted ranged weapons.

There are a lot of ignored weapons in this game. If you want to go through a steady steam of SIB weapons, you are going to run into trouble when the crafted items become expensive to craft, and the crafters don't know that they can sell these items.
Many weapons are simply not made, because there are comparible weapons that can be looted or crafted much cheaper.

There are many crafters who will fill to order though, but it may cost you extra :) Buzz or Auktuma are skilled crafters who are willing to be nice and take orders. You can try contacting them through this forum.

Oleg is right (not for the first time heh:D)

The amount of bonus in a Skill Increase Bonus weapon is slight.
However , roughly speaking, damage=skills.

Here is a hypothetical example with figures that I have made up:
If you get a +10% bonus for being in SIB but you only do 85% of the maxed damage, due to lower HA missed shots and reduced damage stats, then you would get 85+8.5=93.5% of the skills that you would get with the maxed weapon.

It is impossible to say what the exact figures are but it is safe to say that SIB is only useful at the very end.
It should be called Skill Increase Compensation as what it does is increase a skill which is not 100%

The whole, unbroken, SIB line for all weapons has some areas which it is best to skip over.
I have used up a lot of (L) weapons for Coop's (L) weapons museum and had to pay way too much for some of them.
I think GeoTrek H45 Ortso (L) was one.
I could have got more skills, more DPS and better eco from buying a bigger gun with lower MU.

There are a few (L) weapons out there which are so uneco that it only worth using up one once, and then only if you have a friend with an (L) weapons museum ;)

The Nano Katana (L) and Nano Dai-Katana (L) will probably always be expensive. Until someone loots an unlimited BP that is.
The (L) BP is very rare and crafters love it, maybe it gives a higher chance of looting another (L) BP or an occasional big HOF. For this reason it costs between 100 and 200 peds per click.

You would be far better off using a maxed (L) sword with better eco until you have skilled up to a bigger (L) sword and just miss out the Nanos altogether.

Or cross your fingers for a Longtooth invasion and stock up on some Kilik Vass (L) ;)

Damage may not be that great per swing, but an unlimited embra c1 or loughlin cutter 3 probably is fairly economic.. and prices have gone down a lot over the last year or so. It just sucks having that many peds tied up in the part of the blade that you can't repair... which is part of the reason I think prices may drop even further before long... ;) :)

Why, in all sanity, would you use something with SIB=yes?

It makes more sense to use an axe2.0 then a weapon you have SIB on IMHO.
especially when have some skills already.

Some very interesting thoughts Thnx for the replies.

I am curently usen a rutic kil whitch I craft myself but will make some cutter threes and do some comparisons.

Thnx again for the replies it has helped me alot

Back