Have i been hacked?

Mazuz

Hatchling
Marcus Lucimo Chase
Hello and sorry if there is other threads about this. But couldnt find anything similar as up to date.

This Wednesday, I was logged in an played. Everything was normal. But yesterday when i logged in 2023-09-08 almost all my items was gone. Armour, weapons, pills, shrapnel.
All my settings was also resteted. All my key bindings and stuff.

I didn't have to much on my account. But it's pretty annoying. I was writing a support case and waiting on reply.

There was some peds left on my card, and some items. Is there ways to see trading logs to see if someone traded my items or sold them to TT and traded peds with another account?

/ Marcus

Then I guess it's good bye to entropia for me :) Got myself to blame ofc. Sent support case. Also asked in chat if they answear support cases on weekends but the operator left the chat without answear that question. So whatever :p

Sad to hear. Even if MA give you logs I highly doubt that they will do something with it.
I never received support case reply during weekend, I guess you have to wait until monday. Life support is more like joke.
If you will continue consider using 2FA.

Without 2FA, did you use a password you use elsewhere associated with your email? When a website has a leak, those passwords affiliated with your email as often posted publicly, so especially for any sensitive logins that involve financials, never use a similar password if you use an email widely for logins. You can check what sites may have had issues in the past at https://haveibeenpwned.com/

That way, it’s at least a little easier to know what passwords you need to stop using entirely.

Hello and sorry if there is other threads about this. But couldnt find anything similar as up to date.

This Wednesday, I was logged in an played. Everything was normal. But yesterday when i logged in 2023-09-08 almost all my items was gone. Armour, weapons, pills, shrapnel.
All my settings was also resteted. All my key bindings and stuff.

I didn't have to much on my account. But it's pretty annoying. I was writing a support case and waiting on reply.

There was some peds left on my card, and some items. Is there ways to see trading logs to see if someone traded my items or sold them to TT and traded peds with another account?

/ Marcus

What have you done lately ? Installed anything on your PC ??

Really sorry to hear this. Long live my gold card. Was a brilliant initiative by MA many years ago to give them for free to anyone with a certain amount of "skin in the game" as it were. Probably saved them 6 times the cost in support wages for folks with otherwise hacked accounts.

BTW re the comment above about re-using credentials. I had a social media account hacked a while back and I did report it to action fraud in the UK as I had an email address used by the perp I could offer.

To their credit they were really good at following up with me. (I got the account back on my own though). One thing the police did write to tell me about was the haveibeenpwnd site. I'd hear of this but hadn't trusted it till the cops told me to check.

It's really good and I even looked into how they do the checking so that you never actually share your credentials with them (even though it feels like you do). Basically some tech wizardry if you'll trust me on that much explanation.

In my case I'd had email addresses etc involved in some leaks including the one associated with this forum. Since then I've defp moved away from re-using passwords and oi course have 2Fa (annoying as it is).

Hope you have some luck with MA.

Wistrel

Is there ways to see trading logs to see if someone traded my items or sold them to TT and traded peds with another account?
You can ask for a GDPR report. I'm not sure though, if item transactions will be listed as the names of the other players may be protected by their privacy.

I know it won't help get your account back, but yes, i recommend having a unique password for really important services if possible. primary email, all bank accounts, and anything that touches money (paypal, etc) should definitely have unique passwords

You can ask for a GDPR report. I'm not sure though, if item transactions will be listed as the names of the other players may be protected by their privacy.
Well it shouldnt be if he says his account is hacked.Mostly hackers when they hack the account transfer stuffs to 3rd account or immediately to their own..
All should be transparant especially if the owner of acc has time frame when he last login ( was all okey) after hours later he saw a mess) so in that time frame should be investigated.
But lack of using 2Fa security makes it harder..
Its literally his fault for beeing hacked

Wouldn't have thought Avatar names would be. They are publicly available in the avatar registry. Real names sure. Super private and absolutely what GDPR is there for, but in game names should be fair game

Well it shouldnt be if he says his account is hacked.Mostly hackers when they hack the account transfer stuffs to 3rd account or immediately to their own..
All should be transparant especially if the owner of acc has time frame when he last login ( was all okey) after hours later he saw a mess) so in that time frame should be investigated.
But lack of using 2Fa security makes it harder..
Its literally his fault for beeing hacked
Victim blaming.

Yea, he didn't protect himself, but he isn't the one who did the hacking. Being vulnerable does not mean full guilt.

Victim blaming.

Yea, he didn't protect himself, but he isn't the one who did the hacking. Being vulnerable does not mean full guilt.
No u missunderstand mate,maybe i wasnt precise enough.Thats in MA's eyes not mine..I have been hacked in past aswell i know how bad it feels.

In my case I'd had email addresses etc involved in some leaks including the one associated with this forum.

This forum got hacked years ago.
Since then all your data associated with this forum is traded for money and circulating with all the 13 years old wannabe hackers.
Know the consequences.

Last edited:
I still have my account. I changet password and activated F2A.

I created a support case and asked what happened, and If I could get trade logs to see if someone traded with my avatar the latest days,

This is what I got in reply

Hi Lucimo,

We are sorry to hear about this.

Unfortunately, computer intrusion is a matter for federal authority and we do not have the legal means to investigate and solve such crimes, our advice is that you turn to your local police authorities with such issues and ask them to contact us and refer to this Support Case.

You can also file a police report at https://polisen.se/en/victims-of-crime/making-a-report/

We do keep records of all transactions that take place within Entropia Universe and if the police contact us, we can assure you that we will provide them with any information needed to solve the case.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Then they closed the case.
I don't get why they dont tell me the name of the avatar the hacked used for trading my stuff.

I don't really care too much since I didn't have so much items of value. But still thinking of doing a police report so MA have to do some paper works.

I still have my account. I changet password and activated F2A.

I created a support case and asked what happened, and If I could get trade logs to see if someone traded with my avatar the latest days,

This is what I got in reply

Hi Lucimo,

We are sorry to hear about this.

Unfortunately, computer intrusion is a matter for federal authority and we do not have the legal means to investigate and solve such crimes, our advice is that you turn to your local police authorities with such issues and ask them to contact us and refer to this Support Case.

You can also file a police report at https://polisen.se/en/victims-of-crime/making-a-report/

We do keep records of all transactions that take place within Entropia Universe and if the police contact us, we can assure you that we will provide them with any information needed to solve the case.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Then they closed the case.
I don't get why they dont tell me the name of the avatar the hacked used for trading my stuff.

I don't really care too much since I didn't have so much items of value. But still thinking of doing a police report so MA have to do some paper works.
File police report, MA can provide names etc. to police I guess. So they can maybe do something for you.

Most likely even if u got hacked which there is no prove of beeing hacked..So it has to be investigated but not by them.. (so i am only trying help not giving opinion are u lieing or not,referring to my previouse post because i was miss understanded)
If they provide you with the name,he can make a law suit for MA because providing personal info is forbidden unless there is a warrant from police or judge etc..i think it still depends on rules in each country but they should be the same or differently interpreted l.

I would fill that form,went to police and try there..still depends for how much u have been hacked..maybe its not worth it to go threw that trouble and question is will it ever be solved..
Not sure how it goes,not an IT expert.

Gl with it,for what ever u decide to do!

Most likely even if u got hacked which there is no prove of beeing hacked..So it has to be investigated but not by them.. (so i am only trying help not giving opinion are u lieing or not,referring to my previouse post because i was miss understanded)
If they provide you with the name,he can make a law suit for MA because providing personal info is forbidden unless there is a warrant from police or judge etc..i think it still depends on rules in each country but they should be the same or differently interpreted l.

I would fill that form,went to police and try there..still depends for how much u have been hacked..maybe its not worth it to go threw that trouble and question is will it ever be solved..
Not sure how it goes,not an IT expert.

Gl with it,for what ever u decide to do!
Yeah. Thats what I think. For me personal I can just deposit what's missing and keep playing. But it would be kinda fun to involve the Police and see IF they can do anything. And if there is 1% chance they can find the hacker or whatever it would be funny :)

Yeah. Thats what I think. For me personal I can just deposit what's missing and keep playing. But it would be kinda fun to involve the Police and see IF they can do anything. And if there is 1% chance they can find the hacker or whatever it would be funny :)
Yeah i would support that call,because it would courage the others to do the same and hackers to avoide hacking accounts.

You can still try to get a GDPR-report.

I found the thread of mine:

There's a certain irony... MA take 2 to 3 months or something to approve a withdrawal. Some say this is to stop chargebacks but one would like to at least imagine they are reviewing your account activity to ensure all gains were not ill gotten gains. If the latter then one would like to hope they'd spot something suspicious like another avatar dumping their stock onto the withdrawing avatar for zero or next to zero pay... especially if they have have no record of the 2 avatars ever interacting before and probably not engaging in much interaction (chat) during the trade. Certainly if I were in charge of that sort of thing, its the kind behaviour I'd be looking for that might indicate suspicious activity. I'd also be looking for accounts that got created and then quickly wanted to withdraw after just a small set of interactions leading to unexpectedly high credit.

In short, stealing or hacking in entropia and getting away with the money should be pretty difficult as MA have full access to all transaction history.

Wistrel

It's now been 8 days since i opened a second support case since they closed the first one without letting me ask further questions. I once asked them If i really have to contact the Police, in order to get a list of people my account have traded with the last weeks. They have not even replied to that yet. I guess they don't even wanna reply since MA don't give a F*CK.

Maybe try a GDPR? Request all data they have on you and your account, including transactions, the lot?

Have you tried to see what's in your chatlog, I've never looked in it so don't know what's in there!
might be worth a try !?

Have you tried to see what's in your chatlog, I've never looked in it so don't know what's in there!
might be worth a try !?
chatlog is mostly saved on your computer, only last few rows of private messages and can be seen otherwise.

It's now been 8 days since i opened a second support case since they closed the first one without letting me ask further questions. I once asked them If i really have to contact the Police, in order to get a list of people my account have traded with the last weeks. They have not even replied to that yet. I guess they don't even wanna reply since MA don't give a F*CK.

And you did file a case @ The police (would try the one in sweden first with the link they gave you and then the local one) ? since ma told you they "need" a police report for further investigation ?
my friend was in a similar situation and he did go to the police and sent that to MA-> then it was further investigated.

Eddie

might be worth a try !?

chatlog is mostly saved on your computer, only last few rows of private messages and can be seen otherwise.
However, keep in mind that the chat-log is only stored on the computer that was used to log in. So unless Mazuz' computer was used, the log won't contain anything.

Thats wrong..my chat and my privetchat starts atm at 2020 12 20..its abot how much memory you have assign to it, but i dont know if trades ar in the logs or not ...

Thats wrong..my chat and my privetchat starts atm at 2020 12 20..its abot how much memory you have assign to it, but i dont know if trades ar in the logs or not ...
where do you access it? For me it is txt file on computer.

where do you access it? For me it is txt file on computer.
Document/Entropia Universe /chat and private_chat 1,33 GB atm. Firste entry for Private_chat "2020-12-26 12:58:34 [FROM: xxx xxx xxx] 4 pec per point" and for chat "2020-12-18 16:16:10 [#calytrade] [xxx xxx xxx] WTB ALL FFA STARS"

Back