hidden professions

Dr.D.C.

Elite
Society
Glory Hound Irregulars
I have this nice tool, it s named scanner! it s pretty nice. When u tired u can just scan few mobs-people around, gain some intel, anatomy and other mysterious skills like botany, biology etcetc. Sad a lot of people hide their profession levels. It s sad for me, i would like see how much are good the players around me, i would like see who has chiping in or is 100% natural, but MA let everybody to choice if u want hide or not your profession levels. So the question is: do u hide or not your profession levels and if yes:WHY?
thx

I have this nice tool, it s named scanner! it s pretty nice. When u tired u can just scan few mobs-people around, gain some intel, anatomy and other mysterious skills like botany, biology etcetc. Sad a lot of people hide their profession levels. It s sad for me, i would like see how much are good the players around me, i would like see who has chiping in or is 100% natural, but MA let everybody to choice if u want hide or not your profession levels. So the question is: do u hide or not your profession levels and if yes:WHY?
thx

my skills are hidden because I am chipping out gained skills...atm I should have wounding for sure and combat sense but I do not have them because of "selling" gained skills.

I have changed to show mine, but don't know how many times it has changed
back after I have relogged. I gave up so now it's closed I guess... :rolleyes:

I have my pro stands hidden. Why? I see nothing big in them and no need to show off.... I will make my pro stands visible when I come to the conclusion they are worth looking at :rolleyes:

Anyway, you can tell enough about avatar by looking at attributes which can't be hidden.
I personally love to scan people and see someone with stamina 1 and the rest bigger than I have (my stamina is 9 ofc).

It is a shame however that MA deleted the possibility of writing something about your avatar. Some time ago there was place for avas history or something. I liked that. This should be back so we can write something and other when scanning should be able to read this info.

I usually keep mine open to view...only thing I have ever chipped in was evade...small amount...sometimes depends on where I am I keep it closed...nothing like a noob with a scanner :) if they see a decent amount of skills they automatically assume you must have peds...then they bombard you with buy this or give me that :laugh:

And being a big softy...I usually give in :ahh:

I do show mine :) cuz I like to scan ppl and look what they are good at:)

I choose not to display mine - just to annoy those that scan me without asking first :D

I show my pro, I don't see how it could hurt someone to show his (maybe PKer have a good reason to hide their professions).

I choose not to display mine - just to annoy those that scan me without asking first :D

lol u great ! and +rep.

i was figure out some more important to hide the profession, like maybe it can be useful for PVP? but look like is not

ps. my skills are public. I m almost 100% natural and pretty proud about them expecially considering i came here during the skill nerf. So also if i m not an uber i work a lot to generate my skills, studing in this forum what mobs kill, with what waepon, reading for hours entropedia...... a big work that i hope to share with u in the future ( a close one)

So the question is: do u hide or not your profession levels and if yes:WHY?
thx

I hide my pro levels so that nobody knows I'm an 85 BLP Sniper.
SH$T :duh:

My pro standing is not hidden, I dont mind if people are scanning me.
I do not scan other avatars, guess I am more curious about what kind of loot there will be in the next mob instead of what skills the avatar next to me have :scratch2:

So the question is: do u hide or not your profession levels and if yes:WHY?

Yes. Why not? It's not exactly your business (even if I do interrogate people from time to time about their skills :cool:). It used to be like that. Or, you used to be able to display only one of your top-three pro' standings - without knowing what level all your others were at. So when MA made them all visible and gave the choise to show any you wanted, all or none - I went with showing just one (later switched to none, or something funny like poor hairstylist ;)).

I changed mine shortly after MA gave us that option. I hid the skills and made sweat gatherer the profession to show. I am at level 3 sweat gatherer btw. I get a chuckle everytime I am in PA and scanners point at me to see I am a beginner sweat gatherer.

Not really anything to hide, just think its funny to be able to show one of your lowest skills as your main profession. :laugh:

I do not hide my professional levels, and I put my top profession as my listed profession. I used to hide them, but couldn't think of a good reason why. :D

LOL at the "Poor Hairstylist" though.

:beerchug:

Miles

I don't hide my skills--I am pretty proud of what I've accomplished so far so have a look :)

BUT--this post brings to me a questions I've grappled with..HOW and IF asking is appropriate before scanning?

Now me myself I don't care--scan me--if I cared I'd block the results..which is kinda how I feel about the asking thing--if you don't want to have others know your levels hide them..and lets all skill away scanning..

I've found it very easy when in a group of say 2-3 (like when we're waiting to go hunt or such) to scan 1 person then the other then scan first person again..back and forth--you gain skills as long as its not the same person twice. With my friends standing around waiting for the rest of the team this is pretty common and no one asks--we all just skill--no point in wasting time standing around waiting-may as well skill in something LOL. Very seldom do I even read the scan results-I'm looking for skills not info LOL.

HOWEVER--I know some folks are very touchy about this--you need to ask me first..has anyone ever said "no"? And if so what's to stop the scanner from scanning anyways?

Just curious what the proper protcol is for this..general chat question or private chat? Always ask or don't ask?

Please let me know if I should begin another thread--I am kinda new to this and don't mean to post in the wrong place :)

I prefer to be asked first. It's weird i guess, but to me its just not good manners to "extract" information about someone without asking first and so I put my pro-standing as Sweat gatherer.

Its silly I guess as it causes me no harm, its just I find it a little rude. Happens all the time though so I figure i am in the minority.

Think I have been asked maybe twice in the almost three years i have been about.

I prefer to be asked first. It's weird i guess, but to me its just not good manners to "extract" information about someone without asking first and so I put my pro-standing as Sweat gatherer.

Its silly I guess as it causes me no harm, its just I find it a little rude. Happens all the time though so I figure i am in the minority.

Think I have been asked maybe twice in the almost three years i have been about.

You should see the hounds when we have a little society get together, all the scanners out seeing what we have all been up to. But then we are hounds and we have a natural urge to ummmmm to ummm scan each other to see what we have been up to :laugh:

2hide or not 2hide

I hide to look like a noob and I hide to look like an uber; depends on who scans me at the time;)

I'm still low in skills but I won't hide them, what for? And i like to scan other avas, especially those in good armours :D

Mine are hidden, too - for a simple reason similar to those mentioned here before:

To piss off those who scan me w/o asking first, i consider scanning others without permission very annoying and disrespectful.

And my skills are publicly available on entropedia anyway, so it's not like i got something to hide.

And if you really want to know something, feel free to ask me.

LOL scan me and it says "Novice Reviver":)

Hurrikane

When I skill scan humans, I do it with MA staff. :) No complaints there. :)

I'm surprised people feel offended being scaned. I realy had no idea. I have never asked permission to scan some one becouse it has never ocured to me that it could be offencive to not ask... Oh well, you live and learn.

Scan me and you will find that I am experienced sweat gatherer, and have some 60ish atributes.

Hide my other prof standings as I am in PvP4 sometimes and any PKer should learn the hard way if I am a threat or a victim. No need to give them a clue beforehand when beeing scanned at Akumul ;)

Scan me and you will find that I am experienced sweat gatherer, and have some 60ish atributes.

Hide my other prof standings as I am in PvP4 sometimes and any PKer should learn the hard way if I am a threat or a victim. No need to give them a clue beforehand when beeing scanned at Akumul ;)

you made a good point on why to hide pro levels.

i don't see any other reason why someone wants to hide them other than privacy i guess :scratch2:

i am proud of my noob skills so i show mine :laugh:

I hide my skills cauz I R Noob(but not proud !lol)

Its silly I guess as it causes me no harm, its just I find it a little rude.

IMHO the ability to buy a scanner and scan avatars is a part of EU in as much as is the ability to buy a BFG and go into PVP to kill other avatars...

I don't hear of PKers asking first if the avatar doesn't mind being PK'ed...

Just my 2 cents...

And anyway, if avatars don't want other avatars to find out details, just turn them off...

Cheers, Nobleone :beerchug:

My skills are hidden... only the paranoid survive and I treat people on need to know basis. I leave some clues here and there because I feel like it. If people ask in a nice way what level evader I have when I kill dry Ambu naked at Nea's, I may answer. If someone flips a scanner on me just for kicks, tough luck. :cool:

/Slupor

Back