Question: Hogglo respawn rate increased since VU 11.5 ?

Ciobyna

Dominant
Society
ROUA
Desi Ciobyna Deria
Hello,

Since VU 11.5 I find it difficult to hunt hogglos at TI City because every 3rd or 4th hogglo I try to kill another one pops up on top of my head. Yes, ATM I use a low dps weapon (EP-41) but still... I find myself forced to hunt only at the borders of the LA and it's not really pleasant.

I can see the advantage for the teams (lots of mobs without too much movement) but for a solo hunter this can be annoying.

What do you guys think ?

Ciobyna

There hasn't been any change to the fertilizer settings so I am not sure what, if anything, has changed.

Sometimes the system does like to jump dump creatures on your head when it respawns them though, particularly if there's a few other hunters around or something else is killing the hogglo.

Have you been experiencing the issue even when there is nobody else in the area hunting?

- Deathifier

I ve got the feeling the spawnrate has increased for a lot of mobs (if not all) .
I really can see it in areas with only few mobs as land grab areas. Where I needed 5-10 peds ammo per mining run to clear mobs, since Vu11.5 I need 60-70 peds minimum.

There hasn't been any change to the fertilizer settings so I am not sure what, if anything, has changed.

Sometimes the system does like to jump dump creatures on your head when it respawns them though, particularly if there's a few other hunters around or something else is killing the hogglo.

Have you been experiencing the issue even when there is nobody else in the area hunting?

- Deathifier

I agree with the OP, the respawn is quite a bit higher than before. If I hunt "inside" the LA now I'm almost certainly gonna get 2 or even 3 hogs on me.

ooh, sounds good to me. nothing more annoying than having to run around finding hoggies to roast ;)

I ve got the feeling the spawnrate has increased for a lot of mobs (if not all) .
I really can see it in areas with only few mobs as land grab areas. Where I needed 5-10 peds ammo per mining run to clear mobs, since Vu11.5 I need 60-70 peds minimum.

yeah i noticed that when i was hunting for neconu slaughter... they just spawned on top of me a lot and killed me.

Seems MA reduced the time a mob needs until respawn since last VU though.

Ah, well I'll take a look around this week and see if any changes need to be made then.

- Deathifier

- Deathifier

Yup, all the time. I'm sure it's not the fertilizer setting because it started right after VU.

Meh, this shows how much I hunt anything else...

Ah, well I'll take a look around this week and see if any changes need to be made then.

- Deathifier

Just a little hunt would show you how it's different.
But wait until this weeks mini-vu, maybe MA will roll back the changes (it would not be the first time :))

Thank you,

Ciobyna

I have it noticed also that spawning speed has increased in New Switz with argos ALSO maybe it's just me but they seems to hit me a lot more often too. :scratch2:

It doesn't just seem to be the spawn rate, also many creature densities seem to have gone up both on Ameretha and Eudoria. For instance: Argos North of Twin and Ambus at Nea's. Just t name a couple. Not sure if it was intended or not. We shall see.

LAs or outside LAs, the spawn has gotten alot denser everywhere I think.

Going to Nea's TP shows radar full of red dots.

Same with none LA areas like the argos south east of the rig zone.

Pretty much everywhere seems to be changed.

Yep, and they probably did it because many people asked for it, arguing the spawns werent dense enough for the missions.

Its just a matetr of getting used to it, and expecting a mob to appear more often. A bit more challenging, but at least we dont have to run everywhere to find mobs. :)

Its just a matetr of getting used to it, and expecting a mob to appear more often. A bit more challenging, but at least we dont have to run everywhere to find mobs. :)

Meh.

A bit more challenging is a bit of understatement when talking about mobs with 2k+ HP, fast and hard hitting.

"We are too lazy to tailor the specific spawns so we hit the global setting with a hammer".

C'mon MA, you can do better than this...

Ciobyna

Yes, has definately made mining interesting. I have not seen one mining global from new switz since this spawn overload. I don't think they hit it with a hammer I think they set it to rabbit settings.

Just tried to make a dent on the merp and ripper missions.

You know how the spawns are now. Without long range tagging, it is pretty much impossible to hunt in a merp LA unless you are well armored and prepared to pay decay for a few of them on you at all times.

Same for the rippers, which mostly seem "stuck" until they have taken a chunck out of you.

Someone do something about the spawns?

I think MA wants to all areas to be as CP because then they can gain money faster so this faster respawn is only a beginning.:cool:

Back