Question: How can I as a swede get away from deposit fees?

Psychopathic

Guardian
Banned
Society
DFG
Divide D. Impera
I'm swedish and I live in Gothenburg, Sweden. I have read a lot in this forum section about deposit fees and such, and it seems that I actually may have a chance to get away from a fee, or reducing it big from the way I am depositing nowadays.

Normally I use internet banking via paynova, and I lose 4%. I'm having thought on making a big deposit in August and I just can't make a big deposit knowing that I lose so much money for just the privilege of making a deposit.

So, is it true that I, as a person living in Sweden, can escape a fee making a deposit manually at a bank office to EU's bank account? If not, how much will I lose making a deposit this way?

Regards,

Psychopathic

does your bank allow you to do bank transfers for free? if so, theres your answer. if they charge, than that might be less than the 4% paynova charge you if the amount is large enough.

does your bank allow you to do bank transfers for free? if so, theres your answer. if they charge, than that might be less than the 4% paynova charge you if the amount is large enough.
Yeah, of course, I probably should mention that I use Swedbank so maybe some swede here can help me with my answer if Swedbank takes a fee for this. I have never done transfers like this before. :)

I'm not a swede and I do bank transfers, which avoid deposit fees.
You have minor bank transfer fees, that's it.

Only drawback is it takes up to a week to get the money on the ped card.

Just FYI, I've never had a delay of even 24 hours (from swedish bank). In fact, the times I have ordered the transfer before 12:00, it has never taken more than 4 hours.

Bank transfer is what you're looking for, Psychopathic, and I've never heard about any swedish bank taking any fee while transfering money to another swedish bank (Handelsbanken, Göteborg). Actually, if you deposit more than 700 SEK at a time, that's what I'd recommend you to do every time to not get hit by MA's 3.5% fee.

I'm not a swede and I do bank transfers, which avoid deposit fees.
You have minor bank transfer fees, that's it.

Just FYI, I've never had a delay of even 24 hours (from swedish bank). In fact, the times I have ordered the transfer before 12:00, it has never taken more than 4 hours.

Bank transfer is what you're looking for, Psychopathic, and I've never heard about any swedish bank taking any fee while transfering money to another swedish bank (Handelsbanken, Göteborg). Actually, if you deposit more than 700 SEK at a time, that's what I'd recommend you to do every time to not get hit by MA's 3.5% fee.
Thanks guys! Now I know. :)

Back