How do I rid myself of a "lacking" mentor.

TheFoot

Hatchling
TY everyone on the L rifle help,
I will switch it up tonite.

On to my next problem.

My 1st night on the game I ran into a player that offered to take me on as a disciple. Talked to him a bit, everything seamed good, so I accepted. Now it appears we are in vastly different areas of the world, or whatever the case may-be, my point is: we seam to have different play times. In a weeks time, my mentor is rarely on at same time as me, I have only had 1 very brief conversation with my mentor, and am constantly depending on the kindness of strangers for help (which, tyvm all of you again, you've been such a help ^^ ). Gets better. I had this conversation in-game with a "high-bie" (ut-oh, did TheFoot just create a new term: High-bie...lol) who attempted to walk me through the "fire your mentor" process. Well, as you probably guessed by now, I have apparrantly crossed some "point of no return" in this regard ( the "high-bie" thought it was a 10% increase of stats) and cannot "fire" my mentor. Now the lack of input doesnt concern me as much (EU has a great community, and I often find encouraging words of advice through-out my explorations of Calypso) as the possibility of my mentor gaining free skill points off me. Am I right on this? Do mentors gain skill points off their disciples? And if so, can I stop this free-loading?
Thanx again,
TheFoot

1. Yes, I believe you did create the word High-bie, although most people just say uber.:D

2. When your disciple graduates the mentor gets an item(usually crap) and 1 or even less than 1 point in the mentor skill.

3. Not many mentors are free-loaders. Although there are a few of them out there, it's really not a profitable scam. I think this guy was just on late, or you were on early, when you met and you just haven't been on at the same time again.

4. At 20 points in any skill you can graduate in, you can't kick your mentor.(rifle, handgun, etc.)

5. I'm not completely sure but I think you have to graduate. There's nothing else you can do except hope your mentor gets on at the same time as you and you can ask them to kick you. You could also send a support case to MA but I don't think they will do anything about it. The only thing you can't do as a disciple is extract or implant skills, so it's not a very bad burden.

GL m8.

You can try filing a support case, but I don't know how responsive support is to these pleas.

Perhaps someone that's gone through the process with support can shed more light?

AG

I wish i could ditch mine, litterally the day i couldnt anymore was the same day he started sucking :(

about timezones you should have informed you earlier actually

now, it depends

as long he helped you at the start its kinda ok
if he didnt, bad luck

in any case, MA wont "free" you
gotta graduate

but maybe youre interested in my guide, see signature :)

mentors

hi

why don't you pm your mentor and tell him/her how you feel? I have a mentor and more than half our communication is through pm. My mentor is online alot more than I am.

goodluck whatever the outcome

hi

why don't you pm your mentor and tell him/her how you feel? I have a mentor and more than half our communication is through pm. My mentor is online alot more than I am.

goodluck whatever the outcome

he said he and his mentor were never online at the same time.

GL with pm-ing him then

Try logging in at a later hour than usual, then you might be able to catch him online. Then you could talk to him about the time-zone difference problem and maybe you can ask him to kick you as a disciple or sort it out in someway ;)

I think you can quit out of your deciple/mentor bond...i think i did that once....can't remember..:scratch2:

yea you can quit, but once you reach the 10% mark in any of the skills then you cant, only the mentor can kick you.

So if a mentor gets you 10% trained then they have you locked, so make sure you have a mantor that you like and are on andhave good training with them before you reach this mark. Also make sure you's are on the same sort of times of the day.

Ive got a similar problem. Accepted a person as mentor on the day i started with EU. He didnt care about me from the beginning on, i found a nice soc with many helpful ppl and gained some Skills.
A few weeks ago i decided do chip up some skills but unfortunately i am bound to my "mentor" (if you want to call him like that). The kick-button is not available anymore and i even deleted him from my fl long ago.
Sent a supportcase to MA and asked if they could release me from my mentor or just add him bach into my fl. But they didnt want to help me, the answer was that i have to graduate as every other disciple... :(

mentor problems

hi, i graduated by my self pretty much aswell, with none, or little help from the mentor, finally made it to 2k rifle and soc mates stated to put a ticket in for this. few days later got a response back, and they stated that they would release my mentor, and graduate me in two weeks if my mentor didnt show up. but i logged in after i read that, and i got the message that i graduated. and now im free. so someone at MA graduated me.

Back