How does mindark have a turnover?

db123189

Guardian
I was just wondering after reading the article about Mindark opening a new bank they quote that they have a "turnover of 70 million". How is it that they have a turnover. Im not sure I get that. Because you really only hear about turnovers when entitys have stock, but no where do I ever recall Mindark ever having inventory.

Ummmmm, wtf.

People pay mindark, if you havn't heard.

Their turnover is the money cycled :D

Turnover is just a generic business term used for money flowing into the books - also called revenue. It doesn't necessarily mean you're selling a product - service industries still call it turnover.

Basically turnover is income. Profit is income - outgoings (assuming it's not negative - then it's a loss!)

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnover

Their turnover is the money cycled :D

That's the EU economy's turnover. MA's turnover as a business is a different thing.

As garian says, it just means income, same as any other business.

So in MA's case turnover is deposits + advertising income + license income from partner planets (+ anything I've missed?)

... I'd imagine just like everyone else, they have them heated with cream or custard:)

[br]Apple Turnovers:)[/br](Apple Turnovers)

Yum:)

Hurrikane

I suspect that they are referring to in-world turnover which is the amount of money (PEDs) that changes hands. But, without the original context, it is hard to say.

turnover is the total ammount of cash that goes in and out of the game, as well how much cash that etch days flows between diffrent players ingame.

That is a turnover, a turnover is NOT profit.

You have mixed "stock turnover" with "turnover". Stock turnover is like you say away to express how many times a stock of products is sold. So MA can't have that because they have no stock of products the sell.

But turnover is the amount of sold products and services to their custumers, MA gets their turnover from the depositing players.

That's the EU economy's turnover. MA's turnover as a business is a different thing.

As garian says, it just means income, same as any other business.

So in MA's case turnover is deposits + advertising income + license income from partner planets (+ anything I've missed?)

You did not miss anything, but you are wrong regarding whos turnover it is. It actually is MA's turnover. Not in dollars though, but in swedish krone. Not sure what the exchange rate to dollar is, but divide by 9 would be a rough estimate.

Back