How does this happen?!?

Status
I find it sick, wtg MA, someday you will be sorry for losing deposits from players like me due to the shit like this

I concur!

Some people play on small mobs that don't global often but when they do, they tend to hit high. You have no concept of how many mobs this guy has killed. I've killed well over 20,000 merps without ever getting a global on them, if all I did was kill 10's of thousands of merps and one day hit a HoF on them I'm sure I'd get trashed by people like you talking about how nobody deserves loot except themselves.
That would describe my adventures to the T!..I have been blasting away for awhile on small and medium mobs..and I have yet to have a Hof and only 1 global in a year and a half..:(
But I like to play..so away I go :handgun:

I have 249 hunting globals recorded since tracker started. One of them was a HOF. I've had one hunting HOF in my entire EU career and it wasn't even four digits.

Now, I didn't create this thread. I don't create whining threads. But when I read something like this I do get frustrated.

Other people do as well. It also makes me frustrated when people downplay the significance of "noob" avatars getting 3, 4, 5+ HOFs in their first couple months (sometimes weeks) of playing. All while the "old guys" continue to grind away with little or nothing to show for it.

I personally just hold out hope that if I ever do get a second hunting HOF that it will be something decent.

seems like someone who created a new avatar and knows something that we dont.

Im not adding fuel to the fire but I recently read a player got banned because of abusing knowledge of loot.

It's not about killing 10's of thousands of merps and one day hitting a HoF...

The question was about getting THREE HoF's within 7 months, with very little recorded global activity.

Here's another reason there is very little recorded global activity. There are not enough people running the tracker client on Rocktropia so 90% of the globals go unrecorded but 100% of the HoF's get recorded. Did you take that into account or did you just go off for the second time in two weeks starting a thread with no purpose other than to attack another player for what you saw on the tracker?

So, I restate, you have no idea how much this guy has hunted, how many globals he has or how many mobs he's killed.

Here's another reason there is very little recorded global activity. There are not enough people running the tracker client on Rocktropia so 90% of the globals go unrecorded but 100% of the HoF's get recorded. Did you take that into account or did you just go off for the second time in two weeks starting a thread with no purpose other than to attack another player for what you saw on the tracker?

So, I restate, you have no idea how much this guy has hunted, how many globals he has or how many mobs he's killed.

End of witchhunt, respect.

No, I did not take that into consideration, and that may actually be a plausible answer to the thread question "How does this happen?!?"

Thanks for posting.

As far as "starting a thread with no purpose other than to attack another player", I restate...

Blow me.

I find it sick, wtg MA, someday you will be sorry for losing deposits from players like me due to the shit like this

Think outside the box :Maybe its their way of testing the Mob eg: area the mob is in+ rate + spawn etc etc , They make a new ava pump it up with supreme skills and gun then go out and clear the mobs to see if everything is working as it should OR they create said ava to go out and hit the ATH so it advertises the area and you and the others think maybe you should go hunt them or in your case make you want to quit lol . Now having said that i have seen a couple new avatars arrive on Calypso and everything they touched turned to gold , they got ATHs they got nice weapons in drops and there was nothing special about the player or their equipment they were just really "lucky".Lucky like Marco was your dad lucky :)

Common knowledge that loot is better on RT, common, just for rocktropians...

Finally, maybe the "noob bonus" is related to playing very uneco. :yup:
They have no skill, so they pay huge defensive costs, and I see some noobs with no-SIB weapons.
I even saw some guy in Martial killing Shinkiba youngs with a Isis LR-xx, I can't imagne the overkill ratio. :laugh: Hmm, not sure how noobs he was actually.

Almost five years for me in EU, only two HOFs: 3xx and 7xx.
I start to think its because I play eco and didnt deposit since 2007.
But last time I played uneco the return was just scaring. :eyecrazy:

That is a much better point than your first one :)

I'm pretty sure that these entries are somehow faked.
It's almost impossible that this is real data.

So you mean he killed thousands of bokols and suddenly got a global which turned to be a 16k hof? Or you mean that he killed tens of thousands of merps and decided to kill a bokol old, of whom he knew nothing on hp, damage, armour etc and bang hof?

Or what exactly do you want to say?

You always have this same boring speech on "you don't know how many mobs he killed". I don't care, I've killed 1000% surely more mobs that he got to see in EU, let aside more than he killed. And I am nowhere near his results. Yea, we don't know his results in rest of the time, do you?

And no, you wouldn't get trashed, same as Coop didn't, nor Alice didn't for their merp ubers.

And is not about trashing, is just plain weird, is normal to be shocked at those results. If you don't like this, stop reading such threads.

Of all people you should have learned from your thread on Wastelander Sitka that your assumptions about other people can be wrong.

So he killed a bunch of mobs and got a few Hofs, is that really so weird, have we not seen this many times before, or is it just that you think you deserve big loot more than other people do? Are we mad at him because he started on Rocktropia and got a big loot or three or do we just like to complain whenever someone we don't consider worthy gets a 10k+ loot?

a lot of RT globals don't get tracked by ET client because there aren't any people there to run the client.

i was on RT for a while and most of the globals don't get caught by tracker, all the HoF entries however do get caught by it because they are universe wide.

Im here since 2004, depositing almost each and every month.. biggest loot 1200 ped, back in 2005

It's dynamic allright

it seems odd, every time this issue comes up no one considers two possibilities:

the avatar hunts alot in team.

the player uses tools to predict patterns and hunt when/where/what they believe would be likly to give a good reward.

its especially odd, and ironic, when using the tracker to highlight how statistically unusall it is.

it seems odd, every time this issue comes up no one considers two possibilities:

the avatar hunts alot in team.

the player uses tools to predict patterns and hunt when/where/what they believe would be likly to give a good reward.

its especially odd, and ironic, when using the tracker to highlight how statistically unusall it is.

Very valid points, and ones that I had not considered.

... this same boring speech on "you don't know how many mobs he killed". I don't care, I've killed 1000% surely more mobs that he got to see in EU, let aside more than he killed. And I am nowhere near his results...
In my book that's called "envy".

As people already said, the info from the tracker isn't even close to giving full and correct numbers, especially for activities on planets other than Calypso. Also stated: one never knows if the person is a dedicated team hunter. Also stated: one never knows if the person is big depositor. Also stated: you never know how much loses one got before hitting big (or after that)... There are just too many reasons that we have not the slightest idea about. So these "unusually big multiple hits" quite very often have solid background.
But no - it always have to be the same old whining and the same old witch-hunt: "He's not WORTHY! I AM!!!1"
Have you even scanned the "accused" guy to see his stats? No? I thought so...

Maybe most his activity was missed for some reason.

Maybe he's had a recent ingame name change for some reason.

Maybe he's been hunting hard core in team for 2 years and was owed some serious payback.

Maybe he has a Simple IV Conductors Blueprint and did 10 condition clicks a day for a year without any success.

Maybe...

Maybe it doesn't matter.

However, every time I see these threads, I have a VERY hard time imagining the person who ubered perhaps participating in these forums and maybe spreading what they "know".

Imagine getting a kick-ass loot in a game for whatever reason and finding a huge thread with folks bitching you out.

Feels good, yeah?

Forum Rules said:
2.9 - Excessive Complaining
Excessive complaining and/or whining disrupt the Mission of PlanetCalypsoForum and interferes with the ability of other members and visitors to enjoy their visit to PlanetCalypsoForum, and is therefore NOT permitted. Any content submitted to PlanetCalypsoForum that is considered by the Forum Staff to be in violation of this rule may be edited or deleted without notice.

I'm posting this rule as a reflection of this "topic" not the OP himself.

:locked:

Status
Back