How expensive is this Mayhem for you?

Per hour doesn't have to be a mentality but a useful way of communicating information - even of having an idea yourself of activities compared.
Sweating, gathering fruit and stones, all the way up to hunting at whatever dps with whatever eff or mining or crafting. Get enough hours to take an average and know an approximate per hour value (whilst considering enjoyment as well maybe).
I guess nothing here pays better than cheap labour in rl, but profitting various amounts from a game activity is fine, surely? A hobby that is possibly free, and possibly even pays out a little.
However, the question was how expensive this Mayhem is for players. The simplest answer is thus: for some, not expensive at all!
(edit: for me it started out fairly boring and costly <90% return. Further runs have been breakeven when considering mu, so for now my answer is: less expensive than at the start - I'll only know the end result..... at the end)

The 'no lifer' remarks that you and Rick have asserted have obviously touched a nerve.
yeah, I guess that was wrong of me and I apologise for that.

Entropia is also a life....for some. And I need to learn to respect that as well.
Just as well as they need to learn to respect that other people have other lives outside of entropia.

And neither should be judged by that ;)

if you just macro hunt events your time spent "working" is actually like 15 minutes per day.. so you're making like $2k/hour

even more if you set up a few virtual machines on your wife's, brother's, and cousin's avatar and strap them with some high tt or zero decay weapon like imk2 and just repair and renew instance for 2 minutes every 5 hours.

Hahaha, thanks for all the attention 😀

Now, back to work..uhhh...play!
Oh, let me guess, you "only play for fun, not to profit" while we, the FEN and Mayhem weapons ppl are working hard here.... This is a super common saying in this game and is a lot like the 'nolifer' arguments in all online games. It's a way of saying "hey, good for you, but I'm not willing to work that hard to achieve this or that". That's ok, we have different priorities in life, it's perfectly normal, but then again, a looser mentality will have to go on forums and shout the nolifer argument and project their failures and frustrations on the successful people, just so they have an excuse and so they can sleep better at night. I'll tell you peeps that use these arguments - we all play for fun :)
It's ok to suck, if that feels safer for you, but don't come here laughing in our faces that the pay per hour is bad, we didn't ask you and we don't give a fuck of your much better options and will make you look even more stupid. This is still a game and no one told you or anyone to quit your job to do this instead.

Sweating, gathering fruit and stones, all the way up to hunting at whatever dps with whatever eff or mining or crafting. Get enough hours to take an average and know an approximate per hour value (whilst considering enjoyment as well maybe).
That's the point, you can only make an average per hour in sweating. Where the amount is fixed. Not in high/end game play. It's a game of opportunities and if you're smart and well equipped, you can have a huge advantage. At high level playing you will never do a per hour avg because it doesn't make any sense. Refer to my previous posts for what's possible this MM and what you need. Do whatever you want with that information but I will not break it down nor will I grab my colored crayons to make a nice drawing for wiz.

We're beginning to get the hang of this peds and time combined stuff.... but....
if you just macro hunt events your time spent "working" is actually like 15 minutes per day.. so you're making like $2k/hour
does this mean it takes macro hunting four days to make an average of 80 20 peds, with a player having put in a whole hour of time by then?
Or, is this the macro run-time average, for which a player has to put in 4 minutes of restarting four times a day? (edit: and netting 50ish dollars a day?)

edit: thanks evey, but even if you get between 10 and 30 peds per hour, or usually 50-150 peds plus over 5 hours, you can still state a meaningful average per hour, even if it is not fixed, nor takes high multis or esis into account, surely?
(it's a ballpark figure...).
trying to understand... surely even taking advantage of stuff, a player is still doing 10 hours of whatever, or just 5, who knows? I know waves can be long here, but people must know approximately how long they play per day and what their results are over several months, if need be.
Are you saying high players switch activities a lot and can never know why a high multi has come from what or so?
Furthermore, I'd expect a dedicated player to know results without major multis too - the bread and butter hunting in batches of 5 or 8 hours, or whatever... swings and roundabouts, but I know the playground after a while :). The table above is maybe a good example of this.

Last edited:
...This is a super common saying in this game and is a lot like the 'nolifer' arguments in all online games. It's a way of saying "hey, good for you, but I'm not willing to work that hard to achieve this or that". That's ok, we have different priorities in life...

we could lock the thread after this comment and all points are satisfied.

We're beginning to get the hang of this peds and time combined stuff.... but....

does this mean it takes macro hunting four days to make an average of 80 peds, with a player having put in a whole hour of time by then?
Or, is this the macro run-time average, for which a player has to put in 4 minutes of restarting four times a day?

edit: thanks evey, but even if you get between 10 and 30 peds per hour, or usually 50-150 peds plus over 5 hours, you can still state a meaningful average per hour, even if it is not fixed, nor takes high multis or esis into account, surely?
(it's a ballpark figure...)
if you're not making at least 100 ped/hour in mayhem you're doing it wrong. similarly, if you don't think there are people running 4-5 accounts at once with life steal rings, zero decay weapons, and virtual machines running macro commands clearing 1200+ effective dps and raping events for $50k+ you'd also be wrong.

i mean fuck me we have a well-known miner/botter here doing that very thing with at least 12 accounts across arkadia. and with the removal of competition from mayhem events it's only gonna get worse. imagine what this is going to do to the UL 2.0 weapons market. lmfao.

As a "loser that gives no damn about his losses"

Must have lost around 4K Peds in around 30 hours.
Most will go into guns...think I burned to roughly 6-8...maybe 10% in Repairs.
Trying Silver, but really not sure if that was a good choice....not even 6k being in Cat 7 and Cat8 after spending over 12 hours in them.
Rest was FFA which is more enjoyable (got more globals in there...not that this counts for anything...but makes is less boring).

Only thing I could complain about is that I get on average 500 points per hour.....only got one 250 points so far, no real "excitement" there.

Setup:
Mayhem Armour (this is Mayhem after all!), 5bs
LR-85 (L)
Mayhem L-gamma Amp
highest Eff. unl Scopes/Laser sights (can't remember the name...rather cheap ones)

And since I consider myself as a lower medium player, those are the losses I would expect.
I think the best loot I got was some Mayhem foot Guards (L)....actually 5 Minutes after I bought some

Really absolutely not complaining, chances of getting a rare token are way fairer now.

Only is a bit funny when some "ubers" can not be even arsed to try Cat10 but are in Cat8 and 9 and global there all the time.

Thanks for the approximations, Rocket. :). These ultra-high auto players still need to turn whatever loots into peds to withdraw, surely though? Is the market for token pills, boxes and other npc stuff really high enough for such turnovers?
edit: I didn't know there were zero decay weaps around, so just ammo? I guess combined with never needing to heal thanks to life steal and permitted keyboard macros (virtualised?) then it really can be 5 hours hidden away in an instance, rinse and repeat...
I guess MA wants it that way from the combinations that have arisen over time...

Last edited:
we could lock the thread after this comment and all points are satisfied.

if you're not making at least 100 ped/hour in mayhem you're doing it wrong. similarly, if you don't think there are people running 4-5 accounts at once with life steal rings, zero decay weapons, and virtual machines running macro commands clearing 1200+ effective dps and raping events for $50k+ you'd also be wrong.

i mean fuck me we have a well-known miner/botter here doing that very thing with at least 12 accounts across arkadia. and with the removal of competition from mayhem events it's only gonna get worse. imagine what this is going to do to the UL 2.0 weapons market. lmfao.
Wow you are making so much.

Offering 15k peds for BP-70 perfected, considering mayhem is too profitable so it doesn't makes sense to keep mayhem items at high price.

If you have 1k peds on your ped card, mayhem is not for you !

Mayhem is a long term investment, for example I personally have 80-85% tt return overall this mayhem, because I had 0 lucky 6-7k+ hofs like some in this thread had, but i can handle it and i know at some point i will collect enough tokens to buy the item i want from the vendor.

If you can't afford loosing too much, don't do mayhem, short term it sucks, selling tokens in pills sucks, it just doesn't work. Once you figure out my previous sentence, your life will be much easier.

What to do if you are too poor to do mayhem? Find markup outside mayhem, and work with that, there is a lot of stuff to hunt for & mine for where you can profit short term with small bankroll, there are mobs i know of that drops an item every couple of mobs that is worth 1 ped per piece, you just need to find it yourself and do that as long as people pay for that. Pyrite is 200%+ atm, and easily found, so I don't see why you "have to" do mayhem at all if you don't like it ?

Me personally do a little bit of both, whatever i do outside mayhem, it brings me enough markup to sustain hunting in mayhem instances at 80% tt returns. You just need to spend some time, investigate and find out what works best for you !

EDIT: Also I forgot to mention Entropia Universe community is the worst I have ever seen anywhere, just read this thread, it's same as Rookie channel. Think about it, and try to be a better person, imagine saying someone in RL he's stupid and braindead for working at supermarket.

My ped card is with 1k ped.

Finish Bronze with an 80% return ... a big loss of 200 ped.

Tokens 800, Boxes about 200..

Absolute fart, I can't even buy my dream Azuro.
Well yeah I apologize, I completely forgot about Bronze/Silver/Gold tracks. With 1k I guess you could do Bronze at least, and you should :)

Maybe even 1 rank of redulite why not

Buuut, if you feel it became too expensive for you, exit the instance and farm the shit out of markup you find, recoup losses, go back grind, and repeat until you finish whatever goal you set in front of yourself :)

index.php

824000 FFA points, 5370 boxes, and 27,600 tokens and i know players that are shooting 3x what i can do.

i'm avoiding profanity, but please for the love of god shut that dumpster of a mouth and play the god damn game. i'm not sharing data in the open after this. People are toxic and treat me crudely when i simply tell them they're doing something wrong so it's not worth it anymore. play the fucking game.
:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Wtf? Did you make that up? To stick it to the other person in you guys' discussion? You literally had a 99% return mayhem? After decent cycle even? Fuck me, id be this cocky too?! How? Like litterally, how? Like, what?

You literally cant understand what people are complaining about if this is your norm! Like, shit, whattttt? Im speechless.

Look: Im at 92% and MM markup is amazing so im still barely even, or maybe only loosing a tiiiiny amount but like even 96% return would mean massive profits, how in the world is THAT (99% return) possible? Obviously you cant believe its your superior planning or 2.0 gun or sth? There is only so much one can do?! Like even if eliminated out all of my defensive costs, healing etc., how in the world could you possibly? 99%? Whattt?

And dont even start with big number normalization, thats roughly 60k kills, no? Damn, how? Im jeleous, and kinda annoyed frankly lol. Guess gz!

imagine saying someone in RL he's stupid and braindead for working at supermarket.
Actually i think this sentence is already used a lot in RL, not in these terms but more like "c'mon man ! i am better than that !!" meaning "i have spent 5 years at the university, it's not to rearrange shelves" :cowboy: you see what i mean... In public people will always say "there is no lesser job", but in private... :devilish:

Don't know for the worst community... Things have evolved over years... I remember 21/22 years ago when i used to play to Everquest in 1999 with an Old 56k modem, or was it a 33600 ? :LOL: We were all helping each other, facebook wasn't existing yet so there was a lot of respect towards each other, it was like we felt privileged to be part of this whole new adventure, and the goal was to build bonds not to destroy them by insulting people we never even saw the face in RL.

But then again... Everquest is no RCE, guess when there's money involved the mentality is becoming quite different than "just having fun".

In the end it seems it's all about "I am more successful than you in RL you little sh.." !

But in that case... "we're all less successful than someone else" Okay maybe Bill Gates isn't... :LOL: hmmm... Is he less successful than Trump ? :unsure:

Anyway... I lost several hundreds peds in the MM but i finally completed the Bronze Category ! :banana:(had fun ! i really did !)

Maybe, Jhereg.

But like, its really kinda disheartening seeing this 99%. Someone brought up EQ, I remember people complaining how their char was targeted more often by mobs and bosses during raids, and everyone just said nah, impossible, devs even and stuff but boy do i remember forums and such. I also remember reading years later after i stoped playing that some dev finally figured it out, and there really was something in the code, some number thing, account flag or sth, i dont remember.

I dont like thinking this way, that there could be something like this in PE, since it leads nowhere and everyone seems sure there isnt, but damn, reading this really makes me feel like i just cant get a leg up. Like its impossible for me for some reason. And even with 80 eff, i simply can not get above 93% long term, even without def costs. And i dont cycle too little, or waste MU, or do what ever the usual tips are. It just feels like my avatar simply can not. And like, im not too dumb, and i dont write stuff down incorrectly, i actually manage decent MU, play to have little def costs, even used FEN and still, i simply can not. And like, there simply is very little to even optimize. 80 to 85 eff for 50k more? Some 80k ring combo to get some life steal and 20% more crit dmg? I simply can not see how that would make up the difference. (And cant afford it)

I feel like its easy for people to say, bahh your own fault, youre doing it all wrong. But i can also see how people ( I for example) simply give up, or complain in the forums, cuz even if they do those things (or at least we think we do) it doesnt change, like, anything.

:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Wtf? Did you make that up? To stick it to the other person in you guys' discussion? You literally had a 99% return mayhem? After decent cycle even? Fuck me, id be this cocky too?! How? Like litterally, how? Like, what?

You literally cant understand what people are complaining about if this is your norm! Like, shit, whattttt? Im speechless.

Look: Im at 92% and MM markup is amazing so im still barely even, or maybe only loosing a tiiiiny amount but like even 96% return would mean massive profits, how in the world is THAT (99% return) possible? Obviously you cant believe its your superior planning or 2.0 gun or sth? There is only so much one can do?! Like even if eliminated out all of my defensive costs, healing etc., how in the world could you possibly? 99%? Whattt?

And dont even start with big number normalization, thats roughly 60k kills, no? Damn, how? Im jeleous, and kinda annoyed frankly lol. Guess gz!
I'm at 96.82% atm. eff,dpp, looter skills will get you very close to your goal. I'm not a big spender at all. Have 4k points to go to complete silver.

I'm at 96.82% atm. eff,dpp, looter skills will get you very close to your goal. I'm not a big spender at all. Have 4k points to go to complete silver.
Yes but never underestimate the impact of luck as well. Sometimes you just get lucky and hit those big multis.

4% in 450k cycle is only 18k peds...and Rocket has 10k+ currently on the hof board. So if he didn't hit any of the large multis that he has so far during mayhem, his tt% would be much lower.

If you want, you can combine his % return with mine, as we are probably close enough in eff, though I have higher animal looter I think. I'm 350k at 96.3% tt return for mayhem. No hofs over 1k. Eff ~ 87.5% to 90% or so.

(Shrapnel conversion and enhancer shrapnel not included in my figure)

Last edited:
A very profitable event for ubers is required. Otherwise what the hell is the point to level up, and spend to climb?

Just ask some of the folks here you like, and they might just help you. Alot of people have helped me in every profession i've dabbled in. Invaluable thanks. I've heard many opinions and many of them differ too... but the point is draw up your own conclusion rather than just follow the most reputable or the loudest guy, or your best friend or w/e. Think abit, and think for yourself after getting all the evidence.

It's not too late to start either. It has never been easier to level up.

I started hunting Oct 22nd 2021. Since then lv 45-75 laser and lv 28 - 75 mindforce in a little over 2 months.

i hit hofs and chose to invest in higher-end gear. HWM i didn't hit ANY hofs and still managed the 97% average.

400k cycle is nothing in mayhem. you seriously need to cycle millions upon millions of ped to get any meaningful conclusions.

also everything i have in game is at a net-cost of $11,400 for me since i quit mining in 2018. i spent so much money skilling up that it's not even funny. then when i started to see some profits i decided to invest money and scale up my gear ot make more profits. this is how the world works in general as well. don't throw good money at bad, always have a plan, and commit to the work if you have a positive expectancy at the end.

No FEN gun, no 2.0 gun, 67.7 eff full enhanced, it is a very nice gun though. Finished Redulite and I'm just into 5 digit profit.. after everything accounted for.
this is how i did it for a little over a year and it started working when i focused on min/maxing costs.

purchase shrapnel in advance for 100.3 (free 0.7% tt)
go for LOW DECAY setups so you don't dwindle your pedcard down and you can continue to buy shrapnel for free ped
bankroll (enough to hold boxes for 10+ months if necessary)
markup input only during events (L amps)
purchase enhancers well in advance, get a relationship with 1-2 crafters, buy HUGE bulk amounts (10k+)

i went the high eff low level route and it didn't work for me. i spent MONTHS with bc-30 mod pea shooter just to get 96.5-97% over and over again. it wasn't until i started turning over larger amounts of ped and skilling up looter levels before i started to see that 97.5-98% dreamland.

almost everything i've mentioned/discussed/suggested isn't a poor man's option. it sucks but literally there's not enough gear to go around for everyone to make piles of ped in the most crowded activity in game. if you want true success and building bankroll you hunt high dps EVENTS ONLY, and you mine with lvl 5 amps or UL 2/3/4 amp PLANETSIDE (ark for everything, caly for pyrite) and you build up a bankroll. i didn't alwayys have tons of money in this game and made mining work for me on a $250-500 bankroll and didn't even bother hunting because my ROR was too high as i didn't have the ped to sustain the drawdowns even in cat 1.

either play the game seriously to get serious results, or just have fun and do what you want. The game devs need to pay bills and grow the company so you're not going to get handouts from them. Mayhem are high risk high reward events where you need a TON of bankroll and you're competing against loot level 100+ players with 350+ dps and 4.5+ dpp...

this is how i did it for a little over a year and it started working when i focused on min/maxing costs.

purchase shrapnel in advance for 100.3 (free 0.7% tt)
go for LOW DECAY setups so you don't dwindle your pedcard down and you can continue to buy shrapnel for free ped
bankroll (enough to hold boxes for 10+ months if necessary)
markup input only during events (L amps)
purchase enhancers well in advance, get a relationship with 1-2 crafters, buy HUGE bulk amounts (10k+)

i went the high eff low level route and it didn't work for me. i spent MONTHS with bc-30 mod pea shooter just to get 96.5-97% over and over again. it wasn't until i started turning over larger amounts of ped and skilling up looter levels before i started to see that 97.5-98% dreamland.

almost everything i've mentioned/discussed/suggested isn't a poor man's option. it sucks but literally there's not enough gear to go around for everyone to make piles of ped in the most crowded activity in game. if you want true success and building bankroll you hunt high dps EVENTS ONLY, and you mine with lvl 5 amps or UL 2/3/4 amp PLANETSIDE (ark for everything, caly for pyrite) and you build up a bankroll. i didn't alwayys have tons of money in this game and made mining work for me on a $250-500 bankroll and didn't even bother hunting because my ROR was too high as i didn't have the ped to sustain the drawdowns even in cat 1.

either play the game seriously to get serious results, or just have fun and do what you want. The game devs need to pay bills and grow the company so you're not going to get handouts from them. Mayhem are high risk high reward events where you need a TON of bankroll and you're competing against loot level 100+ players with 350+ dps and 4.5+ dpp...
Who is this imposter? Rocket i know calls everyone a Pl*b :D ....

look at this read and use some brain :) a lot ALot of usefull iformation :)

Hahah my thoughts exactly, he apparently can be a decent human as well! Well, we all have bad days don't we.

Hahah my thoughts exactly, he apparently can be a decent human as well! Well, we all have bad days don't we.

does it really matter though? no one will care because it's too much work and blah blah blah then i'll come back and call them 4 iq bricks, use some profanity, and get banned again.
whole thread could be summarized as "laziness vs. bankroll management"

if you don't have money to invest or don't want to, fine, but don't expect same results as people that do. Just like real life.

I dunno, I appreciate the comments and tips tho. maybe I'll just go and kill a million papoos or sth to skill looter level. Thats also one of the annoying things, like you get told, get looter level, but cycling almost a million peds at those returns to get there, means you'll have lost a small car. What ever, thx for reading my rant. Ill hedge some evil plan to come back :p

I dunno, I appreciate the comments and tips tho. maybe I'll just go and kill a million papoos or sth to skill looter level. Thats also one of the annoying things, like you get told, get looter level, but cycling almost a million peds at those returns to get there, means you'll have lost a small car. What ever, thx for reading my rant. Ill hedge some evil plan to come back :p
Fun fact!

Came back to this game in March!

today did hit 1mil cycled at average TT return of 96.44% (looters in march where all lvl 15 ..... now Animal 56, mutant 43 Robot 38 )

Cheers
robo

Fun fact!

Came back to this game in March!

today did hit 1mil cycled at average TT return of 96.44% (looters in march where all lvl 15 ..... now Animal 56, mutant 43 Robot 38 )

Cheers
robo
exactly what i got last year going from 32 looter to 55

Back