How long to kill everything?

safara

Mutated
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Angel Spike Sunny
Hypothetical Question.

The respawn rules are changed. Mobs will only respawn once every single mob is dead planet wide.

How long would it take for every mob on the planet to be found and killed?

And what would the hero who got the last one be shooting?

Last edited:
Hypothetical question:

You have to make a single hypothetical question, but only 1.

What do you do?

well lets see.

at first people would all kill the obvious easy to find stuff.

then as prey got harder to find the price of lootables would slowly creep up. players would spread out looking for mobs in out-of-the-way places. players would start banding together to hunt bigger, more dangerous game because all the easy stuff was gone. some people would start mining or go off-world after it got too hard to find stuff to hunt. realistically, i think it depends on the incentives that were given to the players, but somewhere between 3-5 weeks is my guess.

well lets see.

then as prey got harder to find the price of lootables would slowly creep up. players would spread out looking for mobs in out-of-the-way places. players would start banding together to hunt bigger, more dangerous game because all the easy stuff was gone. some people would start mining or go off-world after it got too hard to find stuff to hunt. realistically, i think it depends on the incentives that were given to the players, but somewhere between 3-5 weeks is my guess.
Yepper!!
I was thinking more llike 2 weeks once we all got into the groove. Organised grid by grid searches looking for the last Pupigi or Rippersnapper - small stuff that you have to get close to to see on the radar....

More to the point - will the loot be U/L or (L) :)

Hypothetical Question.

The respawn rules are changed. Mobs will only respawn once every single mob is dead planet wide.

I.... kinda like this idea as an event...

Think we'd need a lot of help/updates or a UI component added to help us find them all... but I think it's a really cool idea. Can see people forming hunting parties etc to get the job done... if there is anyone left that is.

Wistrel

well lets see.

Would be fun to run an official "guess how long" with a winner being the one who gets the time/date the closest

It may take forever. Mobs can become invisible on radar. Also mobs can spawn inside inaccessible places like boulders, buildings, trees etc. If a mob is invisible on radar and in an inaccessible place good luck getting that one :)

You included 'planet wide' in your hypothetical, but it also includes the waters on whichever planet, I guess. That would lengthen the hunt.
Even so, I don't think it would take long. Top hunters may start to pay for location infos in the final hours, but we are still only talking a day or so in my opinion, for a non-instanced planetary-bound hunt of everything.

It may take forever. Mobs can become invisible on radar. Also mobs can spawn inside inaccessible places like boulders, buildings, trees etc. If a mob is invisible on radar and in an inaccessible place good luck getting that one :)
good point.

on a side note. i have never understood why so many creatures get into an unreachable state. even when wandering out in the open, a creature will just be randomly unreachable. sometimes the old "get up in its face and grind" works. sometimes nothing works. it's annoying.

good point.

on a side note. i have never understood why so many creatures get into an unreachable state. even when wandering out in the open, a creature will just be randomly unreachable. sometimes the old "get up in its face and grind" works. sometimes nothing works. it's annoying.
I always presumed lazy programming on the spawning algorithm rather than them actually clipping into a wall?

Hypothetical Question.

Brilliant idea, love it! :love:

#1 I´d say 28 days... :thumbup:

#2 OP bagging a pupugi and the title "Ultimate Sniper"! :king:

good point.

Unreachable----Because they meditate and are traveling to the astral plane searching for the inner existence of the essence of their purpose

What if loots had a remainder function that acted like a countdown to a final mob that loots a full esi, for example.
Let that loot be various types of remainder signal, such as 50 times rare loot x, increasing by 1 ped each time, then 49 times rare loot y, also increasingly better, then finally the full esi.
Then protecting a mob/mobs would be an interesting game of hide and seek, plus biding your time too.
Some in a team would have to go out and try to kill mobs, while others defended the ones hopefully they wanted to kill at the end.
It wouldn't have to be planet wide, to not have ever-lower hunting turnovers for ma, but could be an event area for example.

Then protecting a mob/mobs would be an interesting game of hide and seek, plus biding your time too.

I can just picture this all players all hiding mobs and standing by their mob in their hidden place. None venturing out to shoot anything. Ten years later they all still standing waiting for others to shoot :)

I doubt we'd get all players all doing the same thing at the same time, especially if there is some intelligent info as to how many mobs are left at whatever point. My suggestion was just one way, but a mission tracker for all and a percentage completed figure would be another way to get to 99% before the final stand maybe.
Once you have more players left active than mobs, then the reward loot could kick in and there would be disadvantages to trying to protect just one mob each. In pvp and with a biggish mob groups might form with diverse opinions. There might genuinely be some kind of mayhem going on.
The OP prompted this thought for an event, so I consider it within the on-topic boundaries. Some LAs would already be of a size that might work :).

and then someone pops a creature control pill at the last moment...

Also picturing the poor person just bimbling about in a groovy bit of countryside, checking out the flowers, when 187 agro Atroxes spawn at once when someone 27km away kills the last Pupugi....

All jokes aside (and I am enjoying the jokes). I really do like this idea as an event. Maybe MA could do a smaller version of it... say just in one or maybe a few areas. Maybe it could even be an option for Land Area control (no spawn till extinction option for events).

I prefer the idea of it being an MA event with associated story though over a wider/familiar area. Something like a CDF military leader gone nuts and decided that all entropians should ralley to completely exterminate all mobs from PA and immediately surrounding area. Could even be a follow on story like the robots get wind of it and use the opportunity to direct an attack elsewhere while the colonists are occupied with the whims of General Gone Mad In the Head.

Back