How seriously does MA take Multi account Market manipulators ?

Just to add to this thread.
DO we really know that Mindark isnt doing anything? Maybe all those "alts" have been locked for short time in the past, to check their ID´s and were found to be all different real life persons.
So maybe this thread was dead from the begginning as MA had done everything possible to get rid of the alts.

So what next?

Only thing we can hope for avatars like that is, that for example one of the alts is GF of the original avatar and they split up, now the GF contacts MA and takes over "her" account with tens of thousands of peds on it. Maybe something like that would teach the main character to think over its strategy.

One other thing could be used that Many poker sites use. They Call the owner of the account and check if he is really playing the game by asking some "test questions" . for example they call the alt avatar that is actually OP mothers, and now ask the mother "Name the location of atleast two banks in entropia." ..
Only to do that, MA would need different telephone number for every account and can be also tricker (by owning many numbers or something like that).

You think placing buyorders is manipulating the market?
Damn, please give me more of this market manipulators! That gives me option to sell to their orders, and make me a break even.

Every trader outbiding any existing buy order is very welcome to me!
Glad there are enough traders to have still some decent markups on specific items/resource.
Otherwise it would all go down to TT values.

You think placing buyorders is manipulating the market?

The odd thing that happened, was that when player A had placed an order on a desolate planet, player B logged in (on that planet) and placed a higher order.

What's the likelyhood of that, under normal circumstances?

As for how to treat this, I've seen a rule in anohter MMORPG where they allowed alts (or rather, family members playing from same IP). I'm going to suggest that to MA.

The odd thing that happened, was that when player A had placed an order on a desolate planet, player B logged in (on that planet) and placed a higher order.

so maby 2 crafters fight in aukcion with theyr alt avaatars

Nice parade of alt account users in this thread by the way. What you are doing yourself daily pretty soon starts to seem OK - adaptation and change of perspective...

So keeping the prices up at certain level by selling your stuff between your alts is not market manipulation?
Right, ofc it isn't.
There's something else that is The Real Market Manipulation probably? Something hideously unspeakably evil?
Only problem, nobody has ever seen or heard about it... :p

There's no use in pretending there is no such thing as market manipulation. It is there and has been for years.
Just like the problem with alts.
There's no use in pretending neither of those is not a serious issue. Truth is, if those issues are not resolved it might very well become a tombstone for the whole RCE concept.

This is how an optimist would say it. Pessimist would use a past tense.

Nice parade of alt account users in this thread by the way. What you are doing yourself daily pretty soon starts to seem OK - adaptation and change of perspective...

So keeping the prices up at certain level by selling your stuff between your alts is not market manipulation?
Right, ofc it isn't.
There's something else that is The Real Market Manipulation probably? Something hideously unspeakably evil?
Only problem, nobody has ever seen or heard about it... :p

There's no use in pretending there is no such thing as market manipulation. It is there and has been for years.
Just like the problem with alts.
There's no use in pretending neither of those is not a serious issue. Truth is, if those issues are not resolved it might very well become a tombstone for the whole RCE concept.

This is how an optimist would say it. Pessimist would use a past tense.

Posted in wrong thread? As nowhere in the OP is mentioned selling stuff between alts, the thread is about one guy MAYBE owning two or more avatars and using them to buy stuff at different planets.

No one says manipulating auction data is not market manipulation.
First post named market manipulation something that clearly isnt (buying for higher price). He did make a mistake, BUT he didnt make mistake saying it was suspicious, that it happened so fast after he set his order.

At the infamous peak of UL item prices few years ago the main tool to keep em artificially high was by selling em over the auction inside "the inner circle" - alt to alt or simply one player to another player: I'll buy your overpriced gun, you buy my overpriced armor. Should we finally find a fool who takes the bait we'll split the profit.

When this bubble finally exploded the fall was catastrophic, 'cause the prices were not backed up by a real demand and buying power.

There's no difference if it's done through alts, doesn't have to be the exact same item either. As long as there's no separate market history for planets, buying D-class amps somewhere on Rock or NI works just as well. In fact, as the goal is to keep the price trends under control you're kinda forced to keep a "representative" on every godforsaken backwater planet.
Could be it's your friend who does the job, or your granma, or your dog. Doesn't really matter as long as the market trend is a solid horisontal line.

At the infamous peak of UL item prices few years ago the main tool to keep em artificially high was by selling em over the auction inside "the inner circle" - alt to alt or simply one player to another player: I'll buy your overpriced gun, you buy my overpriced armor. Should we finally find a fool who takes the bait we'll split the profit.

When this bubble finally exploded the fall was catastrophic, 'cause the prices were not backed up by a real demand and buying power.

I never thought about it for long, but I think I remember reading about this way back. Or maybe discussing it.
Reading it now all these years later makes you feel kinda sorry for some people. And it was so obvious when you think about it...

A second account is nothing

1 Uber avatar
Rest are all 1 - 10 Attributes TOTAL.

see this :rofl:

lol I made a bunch of DetPil Pythons the other day, and listed two of them au...one of the avatars on there keeps undercutting me every time I list one. I list one, and he undercuts me, then I list another and he pulls his and undercuts me. I know listing it at what ever price you want is fine, and legal, but just because it's an alt obviously, I want to fuck with it now :)

I am ready to just crash the market and dump em all, since it was a great run with 9/17 success, and I will profit even if I sell em for 30% under mu. Fuck alt's.

Edit: today, 2 more of his alts are selling the same gun and one undercut the other...lol

Last edited:
lol I made a bunch of DetPil Pythons the other day, and listed two of them au...one of the avatars on there keeps undercutting me every time I list one. I list one, and he undercuts me, then I list another and he pulls his and undercuts me. I know listing it at what ever price you want is fine, and legal, but just because it's an alt obviously, I want to fuck with it now :)

I am ready to just crash the market and dump em all, since it was a great run with 9/17 success, and I will profit even if I sell em for 30% under mu. Fuck alt's.

Doesn't matter if it is a single person, a family, or a 3rd world business... There is too much ped committed to those accounts for the normal avatar to fight.

There are many many crafted items cornered and if you pick one of them and list and get undercut etc... you can do that for weeks, and they will grind on with the same cold calculations, they can outlast you, and in the end it will profit them to push you out at a loss now than to loose that corner of the market. While they fight you on the one item, they are still profiting on the dozens of others.

So what are all the items that this family of alts sells?

I guess comunity is wery angry with price down cutters on items and in same time wery happy with skill market where we can see many pages of skill inplants where TT is less than 1 ped and with astronomic MU.

Just a quick update. After i last posted then immediately closed the ticket and the alt is logging in on rocktropia so MA did absolutely F-All

discraceful but not unexpected ;)

Just a quick update. After i last posted then immediately closed the ticket and the alt is logging in on rocktropia so MA did absolutely F-All

discraceful but not unexpected ;)

So they responded you that they havent checked the avatar ID in real life?

I think they might have done it, and nothing irregular was found.

MA cant ban ppl on just a possibility that someone has double accounts.
I am quite certain MA would be more than happy to lock account with few thousand USD worth of stuff on it, if they had the chance, but if it has ID proofed, then nothing they can do.

Theres nothing anyone can do, except ask your brothers,mothers,siblings to join up and travel to all planets.

Back